Soma & Other Amanita Incense Blends

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
aqualung42

Re: Soma & Other Amanita Incense Blends

Post by aqualung42 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:32 am

sweet! will check it out!

Nanamakutu

Post by Nanamakutu » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:43 pm

hiddentruth wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:51 am
sincerely miss the days when interesting stuff like this was easily available....
There’s an Amanita Muscaria store that seems popular and good quality. I just got 30g of the A++ caps

I found a poster on Reddit who described very interesting results vaporizing amanita in an herbal vaporizer. I want to get one now.
Actually I'd say Muscimol is up there for favourite substances for me.

Most people who describe unpleasant effects from amanita muscaria also report having eaten the caps, rather than smoking/vaping or preparing a tea with lemon, which means the primary active compound they consumed is ibotenic acid, which is a potent NMDA agonist and agonist at the group I and group II metabotropic glutamate receptors. Ibotenic acid is also neurotoxic, so its actually the one leading to most of the bad side effects.

If you prepare the amanita in a way that converts at least 70%+ of the ibotenic acid to muscimol, then the effects of the amanita are very pleasant in my opinion.

I'd describe it as being strongly crossed(alcohol+weed) but with more psychedelia and some other interesting effects.

I like Muscimol because of its really warm, tingly and comforting body high, strong anxiolytic properties, its insane music enhancement (at the peak its up there if not above classical psychedelics), the dream potentiation, the feeling of unity with nature and the "Amanita Hum". The amanita hum is a humming you hear, that has this extremely natural, comforting character to it, and if you listen to music, it tunes itself to the music, which makes stuff like drone music absolutely phenomenal.

One of my favourite uses for amanita is to vape it while on psychedelics, since it takes the edge off like other GABA compounds, without taking away from the psychedelia at all. In fact it improves the body high and music enhancement, and even changes the character of the visuals to feel somewhat more natural.

So yeah I'd be hella up for trying Muscimol analogues, let's hope they make some someday.
I vaped ~0.15-0.2g of dried Amanita out of my dry herb at 200°C just now. I would say I took about 6 tokes.

The first effects started about ~10 seconds after consumption, and grew gradually stronger until peaking about 5 minutes after consumption.

The effects: Music enhancement - Music sounds absolutely fucking phenomenal right now, I listened to music way too loud because it is so good, everything sounds extremely transparent, clear and wide right now, and the amanita humming is in tune with the song, which gives it that almost analogue and really big and spacious feeling.

I am feeling that certain Confidence/Disinhibition/Anxiolysis that most GABA compounds give, though it feels as though the ratio of Disinhibition to Confidence and Anxiolysis is heavily in favor of the latter two, which is a good thing in my book. I am feeling rather good Muscle relaxation akin to other GABA substances aswell.

Body high - The body high is great. It feels as though warm comforting hands are touching my extremeties in different spots before shifting to other positions, almost like a massage of warmth. It also feels as though i have a warm glow of radiating energy coming from within my chest, its intensity corresponding to my breath, and its frequency is in tune to the amanita hum aswell, which makes dancing and moving to the music amazing. Every few minutes a pleasant shiver runs through me. I feel tingly in my fingertips, which makes typing this feel like little sparkly fireworks exploding pleasently in my fingers. I also feel warm roots growing out of my feet and into the ground.

Visuals - Its hard to explain which exact effects im getting, but there is definitely something going on. OEVs - i definitely have colour enhancment, maybe some tracers. I also see patterns and colours outside of my center of vision. Visual acuity enhancment is also present. CEVs - I am definitely seeing some shapes and colours, and the noise you get when you close your eyes sober is more intense than usual. An interesting thing to note is that everything, even the noise is symmetrical on the Vertical/Left-right axis, and sometimes also the horizontal axis aswell.

Headspace - I feel at the same time extremely lucid and dreamlike, if other GABA substances put you into a dream, then this one puts you into a lucid dream. I feel strong interconnectedness and unity with my surroundings, in a really "earthy" way if that makes sense, like as if the "roots" I feel from the body high are connecting me with the soil. I still feel quite clear-headed though, in a good way. There is also some moderately strong to strong cognitive euphoria present if that wasn't apparent until now.

In terms of effects on energy I would say it's the usual stimulant/sedative paradox that some substances have. When I lay down I feel relaxed and sedated, but I'm equally capable of getting up and jamming to the music during which i feel energized and full of vigour.

My dreams are usually very crazy anyways, so I'm not sure whether I'd be able to properly report on Dream Potentiation, but I'll report back on that tomorrow if I notice anything.

Edit: I vaped some more, Depth perception changes have started becoming apparent, tracers are definitely there now, as are afterimages. There is also some wave like "tearing" effect around high contrast objects, like this text. The CEVs have become a dark triangular tunnel, with color blobs in my peripheral vision. The euphoria and music enhancement are on another level while peaking, unfortunately the peak lasts rather short, but it can be brought back through redosing which can be rather fiendish. The warm touching sensations of the body high have become more frequent. Anything I haven't mentioned has just become more intense without change in character.

Nanamakutu

Post by Nanamakutu » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:44 pm

I’m not sure if those quotes violate any rules.. I’ll get rid of them if so

aqualung42

Post by aqualung42 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:58 pm

not sure, don't believe so. right now moderation is essentially non existent so...