Islam: the Natural Progression of Christianity

Here is the place to discuss philosophy, religion, and spirituality.
teeko

Islam: the Natural Progression of Christianity

Post by teeko » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:30 am

This statement really makes you Christian folk upset.

:roll:
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

Raa

Re: Islam: the Natural Progression of Christianity

Post by Raa » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:14 am

All of them are the religions for their own times. Islam was the last one and Quran claims that the Bible has been changed and it has false information now. I wonder if this refers to the council of nicea but if we could connect the dots there wouldn't be any religion any longer. There would be a common understanding that there existed lots of prophets with different characteristics and all they wanted was a spiritual progression and they dedicated their lives for it.

But we are just gonna compare them as if they were football teams because guess what. We are so stupid and we cannot stand the idea that there is a higher authority called god and he commands everyone to follow the guidelines written in a book by him cause you're gonna get grilled in a hot realm called hell. And the demons will laugh at you while you weep and try to escape without any awareness.

The funny thing is, the last description sounds more realistic than the common description of our current reality.
:roll:

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:22 pm

The Quran sounded sort of like a reiteration of the bible to me, for lack of a better word. Like it summarized the bible in a way. I havn't really read it though, just the impression I got from the little bit a did read. It's intense litterature though. I definitly plan on reading more. I'm not sure of the exact differences between the two. I know Allah claims to be Jehovah and the God of Abraham and Isreal in the Quran. I don't know anything about Muhammad. Is Muhammad an Isrealite like Moses, Solomon and Jesus? Seems unlikely since his name is arabic. Where does Muhammad fit in with the hebrews? If Allah is Yahweh, the God of the jewish people, than why is an Arab prophesying about him?

Cultosaurus

Post by Cultosaurus » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:44 pm

I have attempted to watch the Islamic programs on the Christian channel (my first clue to irregularity), and cannot. Each rule that the Iman listed had dozens and dozens of conditions and corollaries to the rule. The one that sticks most in my mind was one where the Ayatollah Khomeini advised on sex with an animal, where you were not allowed to cook and eat the animal after having sex with it, but he said nothing on whether sex with the animal was against the book of law . . . . .. yeah, it made me think for a bit too. But I didn't have to think long on that one. Then there are the pedophilia comments by Mohamed, the misogynistic rules, the rules on slavery . . . really?? Slavery is allowed? and on and on. The Christian bible is not very different on many of these either, so this is not an outright attack on Islam. Control of social behavior has been around for a very long time. But logic, ethics, reason, proper human behavior, compassion and a lack of angry aggressive totalitarian 'kill'em all that don't agree with our constipated view' concepts are lacking in many of them.

There are some expressions in the English language which simply cannot exist . . . such as . . 'Buddhist Terrorist' . . 'Wiccan Terrorist' . . 'Druid Terrorist' . . . 'Pacifist Terrorist' ... 'Atheist Terrorist' .. .. paths of philosophy do not even try to change those that have paths of violence, well, we try to persuade peace . . Unlike the path of something like Communism or any 'ism', those that accept others, don't try to change others into our way of thinking.

My rule of life remains that of Alister C. . .. 'Do what thou wilt, shall be the whole of the law'. But almost everyone does not think about what that rule actually means and what kind of responsibility that actually puts on the individual to actually behave in a very humane and human manner. Perhaps a topic for another thread . . .

god_is_good

Post by god_is_good » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:25 pm

Basically, Muhammad wanted to bring Judeo-Christian morality and monotheism to the pagan Arabs. I'm not going to take a stance on whether he was divinely inspired or not, but I will say that he managed almost singlehandedly to found a civilization in his lifetime, which is a pretty impressive feat for any actually existing historical person.
Islam is a legalistic religion like Judaism. Christianity spent its first 300 years outside of state power, and reacted against many of the laws and norms of Judaism, so it never developed quite the same legalistic approach. The comment someone made on this thread "do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" (connected to the statement "love is the law, love under will"), was probably derived from Augustine's statement, "love god and do as you will" (implying that one who was pure in their love of God was free from other moral constraints, because God is the highest good).

Islam also posited that the Arabs were semites, descended from Ishmael, of whom God I believe also promised to make a mighty nation (anyone wanna fact check this? I don't feel like searching for it in the Old Testament). However, it is important to note that Islam isn't a hereditary, tribal religion like Judaism, but has more of the missionary spirit of Christianity. So today, you have people of all races who are Muslim, from Morocco to Indonesia.

On another note, yes, there are Buddhist and Atheist terrorists. The support of many Buddhist monasteries for ethnic cleansing against the Rohingya minority in Burma, or the Tamils in Sri Lanka, should support that, and there have been countless atheist terrorists, mostly Marxist-Leninist/Maoist.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Mon May 25, 2015 7:16 am

Could't be possible that both the Quran and the Bible are correct? Couldn't've Jesus and Muhammad both existed?

Couldn't've they?

Couldn't've

Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:56 pm

Both religions, Christianity and Islam, are homophobic and misogynous.

We have had time to beat Christianity closer to civilization and have made them better than they were and the world will do the same to Islam.

Both religions will either die out or change drastically as people have gone past their immoral thinking.

Regards
DL