"mountain kava"

This is the place to discuss shrooms of all types, how they are grown, their properties, etc.
Coz the Shroom

"mountain kava"

Post by Coz the Shroom » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:34 am

4 pounds of gymnopilus luteofolius was harvested on a rainy day from fallen yellow pines on a sunny mountainside near wild roses.
Noting my previous experience and the similarities to kava kava, I decided to prepare it in cold water with lechetin to increase the bioavailability of the alpha pyrones. 8 ounces were soaked in water in a kava straining bag for several hours after a corsary squeezing to break up the shrooms 1 tbsp lechetin added and a bit of lemon juice to increase bioavailability of alkaloids. Last night's1 experimental cold water extraction yielded a liquid much like blush wine in color until lime was added, which turned it a dark neutral color. Tonight's extraction looks and tastes so much like kava kava I'm calling it mountain kava! bottoms up!
elevation aprox 9000 feet. exact elevation can be noted on a topographical map as main part of harvest was on either side of the barbed wire fence that separates lincoln national forest from mescalero reservation!
Google earth shows elevations. just type "Cow Mountain New Mexico"

Coz the Shroom

Re: "mountain kava"

Post by Coz the Shroom » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:30 am

We doubled our dose and may experiment with different temperature extractions. Evidently little to no psilocybin in these specimens. But the kava effect is impressive, particularly with the other substance that mixes with kava. had that stuff after it became evident no shroom trip to report. It is enhanced by (edit) in a much different way than kava with an empathogenic and laughing effect. This is not evident unless you watch something funny or joke around, but it makes laughter feel SO GOOD!
This is indeed a very different kind of mushroom. It is so much like kava that I think the moniker "mountain kava" is quite appropriate. delightfully enhanced and happy!

Coz the Shroom

Post by Coz the Shroom » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:40 am

I will say that in a group of persons enjoying a certain shared herb, if this were passed around as "mountain kava" and no one knew it was from a mushroom and expected a psilocybin high, they'd LOVE the stuff!
It took three of us to IDENTIFY it, each with rather uncommon gifts. The risk is probably not worth it. If you get a bellyache from a deadly galerina... try letting it sink in that you now have seven days or less to live, all of which will be agony and hell.
This stuff has its own special magic. There's also the question of how this would mix with another more potent shroom...

BiffCo1138

Post by BiffCo1138 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:31 pm

I'm intrigued! Maybe I'm not current on the studies of gymnopilus luteofolius. Where did you find info on the chems found within? Last thing I knew no one really knew what made them effective.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. -Robert A. Heinlein

Coz the Shroom

Post by Coz the Shroom » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:20 pm

wiki has it listed, I can't find the specific alpha pyrones, but here is a scientific search engine you might try: http://www.scirus.com/
we are each going to try a pound and a half to see if any psilocybin effects are present... there should be some because many of my specimens stained blue. My studies are all self started. A few weeks ago my mushroom id skills were pathetic, but I managed to keep us from getting killed from the numerous galerinas that were growing in the same forest.

Coz the Shroom

Post by Coz the Shroom » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:38 pm

whoops! it does say it on wiki: This mushroom contains bis-noryangonin and hispidine, which are structurally related to alpha-pyrones found in kava.

Coz the Shroom

Post by Coz the Shroom » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:24 am

well I prepared the tea last night but we put it off for tonight but end up with a gallon plus a little more which would have meant drinking it slowly and staying up all night. then when my wife came home she told me she has to go in tomorrow at 8 in the morning so we're going to try it late next afternoon. I hope it keeps in the fridge! Next time I'll heat the water first, macerate a little at the time, wait for it to steep, press it and continue heating and pressing with the same water so we don't have to drink so much... well. that's alchemy for you. experiment and learn. discover the right method for your medium!

Coz the Shroom

Post by Coz the Shroom » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:12 pm

no different at those dosage than at 1/40th. online research indicates that this strain can bruise blue, and only a few specimens I collected demonstrated this trait. Mostly the younger ones. Perhaps there is seasonal variation as well. No luck finding P. Mescaleroensis either.

minderbinder

Post by minderbinder » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:39 pm

when googling for mushrooms and kava, there show up several other mushrooms that are said to contain that kavalactone-like ingredients. my tabs-list is gone ... only one i remember was something like blabla schweinfurthii, or so.
sounds sooo promising, but i don't give much on my abilities in identifying mushrooms besides the "spitzkegliger kahlkopf", so i will better let it be :/
Bhagwan told me not to worry. If i do it'll make me sorry. Alright.

Coz the Shroom

Post by Coz the Shroom » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:10 pm

Well these are good and if you've ever combined kava with the one entheogen we can't post about here-- this seems to enhance the effects even better! Very mind expanding! Super nice!