Utah news Salvia scare

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.
openwindow

Re: Utah news Salvia scare -

Post by openwindow » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:49 pm

I have lived in Utah before and it is a very controlled place. SLC is getting a little bit liberal (for Utah) but that is it. The Mormon Church controls Everything. When you go to the state controlled liquor store, which are usually hidden they videotape everyone that goes in and probation officers go over the tapes every week. They have a very tight society structured by the church, all parts of a town are separated into wards controlled by bishops who are controlled by elders who are controlled by the apostles who are controlled by the prophet, yes they have prophet who goes on T.V. and give “revelations” as to how everyone should believe and behave. It is a cult in every sense of the definition. I think they would have alcohol and cigarettes illegal if they could.

Farenx

Post by Farenx » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:48 am

EROCx1 wrote:Really disappointing, how long is the extract of divinorum's shelf life again? Vendors greed and peoples ignorance will really cost us this divine plant. The same church that controls Utah also controls Nevada so should legislation pass in Utah it will have some what of a domino effect.
My thoughts exactly. Time to stock up or grow or both.

Jupe

Post by Jupe » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:30 pm

Go to the site and post, post anywhere else as well. Stand up and speak your mind.

Anecdotal reports of curing depression and obsessive/compulsive disorders, (as well as meth addiction) are starting to show up. This plant may have valuable poperties as well as its entheogen effects. I think it may help cure addictions as well, (worked for me:mrgreen: :mrgreen: ) Jupe

vmpeds99

Post by vmpeds99 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:58 pm

jupe wrote:This plant may have valuable poperties as well as its entheogen effects. I think it may help cure addictions as well, (worked for me:mrgreen: :mrgreen: ) Jupe
How about an antidepressant? Better than Prozac right?

deformedreality

Post by deformedreality » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:11 am

sorry about the late post. im in the salt lake area and ksl wasnt the only news channel that did a report about this a few weeks ago..
http://www.abc4.com/local_news/featu...A3FA5&gsa=true
its sad that they dont do reports in a non biased way. I guess its not much of a shock that they have to use fear to get some actual information out, the government does it all the time.

sunsnail

Post by sunsnail » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:05 am

Wow, that one is even worse.

"Methamphetamine. Cocaine. LSD. We've all heard how dangerous, even deadly, these drugs can be. But have you heard of salvia divinorum? It's an herb, but some call it the world's most potent natural hallucinogen. "

Ekstasis

Post by Ekstasis » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:39 am

is it just me,
or was that one girl ( the shop employee )
a complete idiot, she shouldnt be talking like that
i think she is one of the many contributing factors in aiding the ban