Utah news Salvia scare

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.
sallyscot

Utah news Salvia scare -

Post by sallyscot » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:37 am

This KSL.com story about Salvia divinorum appeared recently.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=679822

It has links to video broadcast.

It's just another example of the sensationalism and generation of moral panic we've come to expect.

There's also a comment board

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148...&comments=true

420_4life

Re: Utah news Salvia scare -

Post by 420_4life » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:01 am

what a bunch of fuckin tools

well, we all knew those salvia videos would come back to haunt us, there is no reason for most of those videos to be on the internet besides entertainment which gives others an advantage to back-up their un-informed protest

I like the fact that they used the word "herb" more than they used the word "drug" though they have no idea what they are talking about "we've heard it gives kids the same effect as LSD", they have no idea what they are talking about, they've heard shit

peace
jackpot

EROCx1

Post by EROCx1 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:39 am

Really disappointing, how long is the extract of divinorum's shelf life again? Vendors greed and peoples ignorance will really cost us this divine plant. The same church that controls Utah also controls Nevada so should legislation pass in Utah it will have some what of a domino effect.

nephinoruM

Post by nephinoruM » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:44 pm

someone shoot me in the face...

:(... on a more serious note... how sad... how sad... poor sally... its going to be locked up forever...

Kiss it good bye people.. fucking youtube... i wish we could get those videos off the internet...

Ekstasis

Post by Ekstasis » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:16 pm

ugh. fuck you youtube and all the little shits out there who have potentially ruined this.

Burning_Copal
Location: a finite mortal body somewhere in PNW. How about you ?

Post by Burning_Copal » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:35 pm

It was bound to happen sometime. Fearful parents are some of the most dangerous political tools. And there is no shortage of them.

Ekstasis

Post by Ekstasis » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:52 pm

didnt all the parents of these teenagers grow up in teh 60's and 70's?
like, youd think they would be less concerned about this in comparrison to some other substances.
but i guess they jsut dont know enough about it
and its a shame

Enlighten me

Post by Enlighten me » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:54 pm

That article was horrible, not only is it bad writing, but "Debbie Dujanovic" doesn't have any knowledge of salvia whatsoever..

:disappointed: i can just see the terrified parents now..

salvia_explorer

Post by salvia_explorer » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:31 pm

Burning_Copal wrote:It was bound to happen sometime. Fearful parents are some of the most dangerous political tools. And there is no shortage of them.
Exactly. And when the argument is " to save the children" everyone jumps on the bandwagon. Nevermind that "the children" can get booze or "the children" can become addicted to tobacco.
No sense in even trying to fight for maintaining legalization of salvia. No adults in the US population (or at least 99.999%) understand it and people are afraid of what they do not understand, so it will be illegal very soon.

Just try arguing among your "average" group of american adults that a hallucinogen should be kept legal....don't even waste your breath.:disappointed:

Of course if its addictive like tobaccco and makes you stupid like alcohol...well thats just fine...:disappointed:

At least many adults do understand what 420 is, enough so that that stands a chance of at least being decriminalized in some states.
As for salvia, just grow it.

Peace,
SE

hekura

Post by hekura » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:27 pm

I know quite a lot about the LDS church and though I realize the fears of the parents and all, especially about the way salvia is presented, I am surprised that (if they took a closer look at this herb) they would not embrace it, as it causes an entrance into spiritual realms with angels and divine visions, which they have , historically, embraced and taught as a church. Their founder Joseph Smith would have loved salvia, and the fact that it comes from south of the border is another factor that would add to their tolerance (?) of this amazing herb.

It is the way that it is presented to them that scares them... I guess.

Nevertheless, I predict strongly that salvia will be illegalized. I have a premonition on this one.

It's too bad. Because salvia takes a person completely into another realm of thought and conciousness that has never been observed except thru other hallucinogenics, although, salvia tops them all and is short-lived.

Unless scientists insist on these herbs being available for study, then the world is cutting itself off from a grand volume of understanding.