Best. Election. Ever. (or glitch in the Matrix?)

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.
crazydewman

Re: Best. Election. Ever. (or glitch in the Matrix?)

Post by crazydewman » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:14 pm

this almost makes me want to do some salvia again (on top of a lot of other reasons i should revisit that place).....i love you all....keep going to salvia land....maybe one day we can stay there in our new homes

salvia army unite!

unsigned_char72

Post by unsigned_char72 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:38 pm

I've always thought Salvia was female :?

peoploid

Post by peoploid » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:36 pm

Metanoian wrote:Come on brother, get on the Salvia bus to nowhereland with us.
Here's a bus ride that will take us to nowhereland:

:geek: LOOK :geek:
Ken Kesey is driving the bus – straight out of the Oregon State Hospital in Salem, OR.
Outside it's a cold 42 degrees Fahrenheit. There's a cloudy wind blowing. Red and purple leaves rustle along the side of the road which leads to the pacific coast.

Jack Kerouac and Neal Cassady are also on the bus. A lot of craziness is being generated. Craziness that begins to merge with the bus' rusty suspension. Crazy sounds and crazy beats and a crazy rhythm snake their way upward like a vibrating, slithering Rock n' Roll Cobra.

“There's a signpost up ahead,” says the grimacing, unibrow guy dressed in black and white, scrolling vertically.
Smoking a ciga.... NO! Smoking Salvia!

“WHAT THE HOLY HELL IS HAPPENING???”

Ken Kesey's face smashes through the tripping bus' front windshield. But his face just keeps on going, joining up with other faces, other authors, other voices, all staring outwardly, all rotating around a central mass, all connected along the outer rim of a giant, semi-organic wheel:
dozens – hundreds – thousands of vacant, silent faces staring outwardly -- watching, guarding, rotating.

“THIS GUY IS FUCKED UP!!!”
says the paramedic, as he rolls Ken Kesey's body over.

Kesey opens his left eye and looks around. The paramedic is stretched out like a kaleidoscopic butterfly. His flattened body is pressed against the earth like a biological peeling of some kind. Kesey then realizes the entirety of everything is likewise pressed into the topography of the landscape surrounding him.

The flattened paramedic looks down at Kesey's face and whispers, “Hey buddy. You're doing fine. You're going to be all right.”
Kesey, his heart racing, asks, “Who are you?”
The flattened paramedic answers, “I'm your salvia benefactor. I watch over you.”
“What?” says Kesey.
The flattened paramedic continues, “Look. We don't have much time. I just exited the year 2017. Some heavy shit is going down in 2017. An extremely advanced alien culture from a parallel dimension is invading the Earth. They're taking over all of the Earth's major institutions. They're inhabiting the bodies of just about everyone working for the TV networks, especially the news media. The announcers, the reporters, the stories themselves are being secretly manipulated, even faked, by an alien force. People gazing at their TVs aren't aware that the reporters are nothing more than
FLICKERING POD PEOPLE WITH PHONY AFFECTS."
Kesey raises his head and inquires with a quizzical look, “Flickering pod people with phony affects?”

“Sshhhhhhh, says the kaleidoscopic voice!! I have to go now. The paramedic is reappearing. Good Bye, and please....
GET THIS OUT TO THE PUBLIC!! POST IT!!"
“Post it?”

And believe it or not, Ken Kesey eventually does just that -- in a prankster kind of way.
...emphasis on 'or not'.
But it's still all true
in SALVIASPACE. :)

tushaar

Post by tushaar » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:55 am

Holy shit burningmouth, you are alive, SWIM have had a break for like 1-2 years, with 3-4 times inbetween when SWIM did some leaf.
Oh man, If SWIM had some he would do some again for ole' times sake, going out again to annoy our programmers.

peoploid

Post by peoploid » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:26 pm

tushaar wrote:Holy shit burningmouth, you are alive, SWIM have had a break for like 1-2 years, with 3-4 times inbetween when SWIM did some leaf.
Oh man, If SWIM had some he would do some again for ole' times sake, going out again to annoy our programmers.
Yeah, I wish I was burningmouth again. When I was him, I felt like I was riding on the edge of an alien wave, a salvia wave that looked like a Zen painting; except in this wave the little droplets were in fact little people – little salvia people.

Are these little salvia people hiding behind our quarks, our Higgs bosons?
I love how the mainstream scientists try to rationalize the 'fine tuning' problem. “Oh”, they say, “fine tuning can be explained by the multiverse theory where we're here simply because there are an infinite number of universes. Our universe just happens to be the one where everything is 'JUST RIGHT'.

IMO, that theory of the multiverse is LAME and LAZY - solely constructed to downplay the idea of a God creator.

Why the hell does our universe need to be created by a God with a beard and an itchy crotch anyway? Why can't a very advanced programmer have created our world; and why can't he-she-it have created everything out of little, anthropomorphic humanoids just to mess with us?

The older I get, the more I don't buy this bullshit world we find ourselves in. More and more, I'm coming to believe that we are located in an advanced game/simulation where 'off-world' beings can enter into our world like voyeurs and physically and emotionally experience the beauty and horror associated with living here.

Lets face it, the more we are able to create our own simulations, the more we will be physically FUCKING our simulations. For example: the future, circa 2765. After centuries of continued technological progress, what will humans be doing with their free time? They're going to be having sex with advanced, 3D printed, historically archived, hot female/male celebrities. It's going to be a big FUCKFEST. A giant orgy similar to that hedonistic scene in “Matrix Reloaded” (more like “Matrix UNLOADED”).

And if we are horny enough to fuck anything that moves, doesn't it make sense that beings in other worlds are similarly horny? Horny enough to create a world called Earth where they come here, enter our bodies and GET BUSY?

Jeez, how did I get from the Higgs boson to alien fuck zombies?

Ah, I feel better now. I love writing this crazy shit. I wouldn't write this if I didn't think there was a kernel of truth in it.

Thanks for waking me up from my slumber, tushaar.

thelightpanther

Post by thelightpanther » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:33 am

Burningmouth,

We communicated briefly via Saint Brian's blog, I believe.
I haven't done salvia, and don't do it, but I am strongly interested in its implications philosophically. I followed your blog and liked what you had to say about the "parallel realities" take.

I honestly feel that the multiverse angle is a much more potentially productive take on what is enabled by salvia then any talk of simulations.

thelightpanther

Post by thelightpanther » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:25 am

The implications (well, my considered suspicions) would appear to be the following

1) the realm of "possibilities" is in some sense actually deeper and more "real" than the realm that we call "actuality" (paradoxical though this may appear)

2) Consciousness is in some way either partly, or even wholly, responsible for filtering between possibilities

3) Possible worlds and possible lives seem to actually possess some kind of reality which is more than just "notional."

thelightpanther

Post by thelightpanther » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:44 pm

Seems almost impossible to post more than a couple of sentences without being "flagged as spam." What's up with that? Doesn't make for easy discussion!

peoploid

Post by peoploid » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:14 pm

thelightpanther wrote:Burningmouth,

We communicated briefly via Saint Brian's blog, I believe.
I haven't done salvia, and don't do it, but I am strongly interested in its implications philosophically. I followed your blog and liked what you had to say about the "parallel realities" take.

I honestly feel that the multiverse angle is a much more potentially productive take on what is enabled by salvia then any talk of simulations.
Hey 'thelightpanther',

Forgive me if my posts on this thread seem off the wall, but I haven't done salvia in four years. I now just howl at the moon with the aid of a buzz from my legal weed. I only brought up simulations because it is a mainstream idea that seems to fit in with our growing understanding of advancing technologies.

If you haven't ever done salvia extract, then you are missing out on a totally novel way of perceiving reality. No words or descriptions can really duplicate a salvia experience.

My beef with the scientists is that they mostly explain the multiverse as a collection of separate bubbles, each containing a distinct universe. Maybe that's the way it actually is, but, IMO, that description isn't in the true spirit of salvia extract. Some scientists believe in the idea of collapsing probabilities, each probability containing a potential or real universe. I believe that concept is more in line with salvia experiences, but it doesn't seem to match up 100%.

My idea of parallel realities is very 'subject/tripper' oriented. It is an existential and ontological catharsis involving the entire 'being' of the salvia extract tripper. Salvia hallucinations are a qualitative leap from old, tired ideas of the reality surrounding us. McKenna talked a lot about "novelty". SALVIA IS PURE NOVELTY. I think the human brain feeds on novelty, and salvia presents the gift of novelty (whether or not the tripper wants to accept the gift). Novelty has a way of shocking the salvia user, sometimes wishing he or she never smoked it in the first place.

I wish I could go back to that sensation of experiencing separate-yet-connected thin, transparent sheets of parallel realities layering down on a curved surface - a surface of unimaginable gravitational force.
I wish I could go back to that sensation of hurtling through compressed-yet-separate salvia worlds - each a parallel reality containing anthropomorphic humans - humans aware of their own enlightened salvia consciousness - humans sometimes frantically trying to explain the salvia world from which they perch, their arms outstretched, seemingly trying to grab onto the tripping mind of the salvia user.

Humans in 2016 have no clue what is going on around them. I strongly believe that the idea of alien contact through the medium of physical space is technologically old fashioned. Actual contact will probably be made from an advanced civilization through the medium of hyperspace. Current scientists probably don't even bother with formulating a definition of hyperspace. There might even be a multitude (trillions?) of Earthworlds just like us containing humans just like us (or slightly dissimilar). These worlds might be templates for us to emulate and morph into. The possibilities are endless.
thelightpanther wrote:The implications (well, my considered suspicions) would appear to be the following

1) the realm of "possibilities" is in some sense actually deeper and more "real" than the realm that we call "actuality" (paradoxical though this may appear)

2) Consciousness is in some way either partly, or even wholly, responsible for filtering between possibilities

3) Possible worlds and possible lives seem to actually possess some kind of reality which is more than just "notional."
So, 'thelightpanther', I would love to hear your feedback. What's your take on the multiverse? Maybe you could elaborate on 1-2-3 (providing the spam-bots allow you to) :)

thelightpanther

Post by thelightpanther » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:38 pm

I'm sincerely trying. I'm being choked off at more than a couple of sentences. I had to stop at "3" even because I was being spam bot strangled. I'm not a spammer. I'm here to talk about salvia. Honest! Can someone fix this? Or at least explain how many one line posts I have to make before I can say anything substantial?