UDA for Dummies

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.
salvialover24

Re: UDA for Dummies

Post by salvialover24 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:35 am

teeko wrote:
Salvia acknowledges, for swim, that hell is paved with the good intentions.
Love is nice, but it can also be a poison, when misused.
So, Love under Will?
You put the finger right on the main possible problem with "Love". Love is the most divine thing but it has to start from the heart, or the soul, not from the brain or the intellect. So the will can transform love, even genuine love, into fake love, and that's the poison I talked about. Some "religious" believe that we can order love, our own or the one we can get from other, but I don't think that this can work. We can love only what is lovable, and that is most of time relative to earthly condition.

May be, in fine, God's love *can* be unconditional, but that would be a God's secret, if only because you need to make yourself lovable before even trying to love someone else, even God. So, no, the will can't help, or certainly not through the intellect.
Love has to be spontaneous and originating from genuine feeling. Like many "religious message", they can be true in principle, but leads to the contrary when expressed or imposed in some normative way.
It is also better to avoid loving (and especially to assert so) people who disrespect you, as this will diminishes the love, and the respect, that you can have for yourself, even your higher self, which is the basic ingredient for the genuine love of the others.

It is a bit paradoxical, but universal love is only possible as long as we don't make it into a goal. To love someone is to love his/her selfishness---to love everyone, is like giving money to everyone, it leads to a money with no value at all, unless it arises from having solved all practical problems, but on earth that is not a possibility. I think.

salvialover24

Post by salvialover24 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:48 am

minderbinder wrote:Scramble!! Thelema ahead ;)
Developing the UDA and the comp stuff, I have developed new fears, notably because I realized that even suicide might not stop a pain or discomfort.
Strange thing - i just had my worst phase since at least 2011 and i wished to be dead but feared the same thing *shudder*
You know, when that black icy wind from the stygian depths below the crumbling gaps beneath your feat turns your bones to ice and there is no love and no one who gives a rat ass, that kind of feeling (yeah, i know - i like it the melodramatic way ;) + *wide-eyed-fingernails-chewing-smiley he* ... yikes ... Sometimes i think pure reason would be the best concept to live with, but it just don't feels right ... There are a lot of interesting points i'd like to have responded too, but that would take time and energy i don't have and i got to go to bed - it's back to work again, tomorrow :roll:
Been looking through the ebook programmes avalable for linux and i think i could do it - the only full thread i have is just a bit lengthy blog post ... Maybe ... Other Entheogen-ebooks, for free? interested anyone? preferably with experience in ebook-making? Ideas?

Bye all, 'till these days!
Pure reason does not work. There are reason for this. Pure heart does not work either. All creatures need both.
May be you can give a link to your blog. On Erowid there are three free ebooks on salvia.

Have a good day at work, and/or a good evening after.

Yeah ... suicide solves not much things. It can, hopefully, still be an harm reduction, for some people with some non curable and unbearable pain, but it usually, in most circumstances, solves nothing in the long run. Here salvia seems to be able to help, as it is a form of suicide, somehow, but where "you" can keep the means to "accomplish your mission on earth".

WOND3RBOY

Post by WOND3RBOY » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:14 am

salvialover24 wrote:May be, in fine, God's love *can* be unconditional, but that would be a God's secret, if only because you need to make yourself lovable before even trying to love someone else, even God. So, no, the will can't help, or certainly not through the intellect.

It is also better to avoid loving (and especially to assert so) people who disrespect you, as this will diminishes the love, and the respect, that you can have for yourself, even your higher self, which is the basic ingredient for the genuine love of the others.

It is a bit paradoxical, but universal love is only possible as long as we don't make it into a goal. To love someone is to love his/her selfishness---to love everyone, is like giving money to everyone, it leads to a money with no value at all, unless it arises from having solved all practical problems, but on earth that is not a possibility. I think.

I think your understanding of love may be slightly skewed. The underlying message of religion is to love yourself, and love others as yourself. It does not get much simpler than that. You cannot love others if you do not love yourself. And likewise, you cannot expect love from others if you do not give it to yourself. Love itself is based upon understanding. Once you can accept yourself, with all your flaws, then you are free to do the same with others. There is no shortcut here. There is no ignorance; pure love is the absence thereof . It's all about establishing a connection through communication...creating a quantum bridge through mutual understanding. Through understanding, you can conquer any terrestrial problem. For one could say that love is something that exists beyond this world...and its power can be harnessed by those who seek it in earnest.

salvialover24

Post by salvialover24 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:32 pm

My feeling: nobody can tell anybody to love somebody. (... nor to hate somebody, 'course).

If would be nice if everyone love everyone, but love is something starting from the heart, and is betrayed by language and imperative.

More generally, we can recognize ourselves in others but we can never think for others, unless we want steal money or something like with prohibition and the fake religions or politics that we can have from time to time.

Most of the truth on love might be secret. A question of divine intimacy, perhaps.