"quidding" for cheats...

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.
orinn

"quidding" for cheats...

Post by orinn » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:32 pm

I'm sure quidding can be quite a "mouthful" ... :o

How about using a coldpress juice extractor such as a samson or matstone juicer? they extract the essence of the leafs juices.

(I'm not on commission btw lol)

Less of an ordeal than a mouthful of leaf, I'm sure you'd agree...

It does seem to fly in the face of tradition but for the modern salvianaut could be a useful tool....

you can also buy less expensive hand juicers that do the job equally well. :ugeek:

unsigned_char72

Re: "quidding" for cheats...

Post by unsigned_char72 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:58 am

I doubt it could work, Salvinorin-A isn't water soluble so you can't make a juice out of Salvia leaves (I guess).

kedabra

Post by kedabra » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:08 am

Quidding is not just a way of extracting juice from leaves. It's a way of getting salvinorin through the mucous membranes of your mouth and throat. Its hard to get salvinorin through the stomach wall. The abrasive action of the quid on oral mucosa, the fact that it's held in the mouth with salvinorin covered leaf surfaces physically in contact with mucosa, rather than swallowed mean a lot more salvinorin gets through to your bloodstream. The mazatec use a juicing method supposedly, and they use a lot of leaves. Salvinorin is not soluble in water, so doesn't easily cross membranes without mechanical or chemical help.

Juicing is over rated generally IMO. Breaking down plant structures releases sugars and other nutrients in a huge tooth decaying type 2 diabetes inducing surge, we evolved to eat whole fruit and veg, with slowly released nutrients...

orinn

Post by orinn » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:59 am

Ok, let me explain a bit clearer. :oops:

A matstone/samson is not a regular juicer.

it's a masticating juicer which basically slowly chews the leaves and extracts their essence.

When done like this 50 leaves, say, will leave you with about a shot glass of salvia juice. the "waste" would be just plant fibre.

This extract would then be swilled around the oral cavity like a mouthwash to achieve the desired effect, (similarly to emerald essence but without the nasty burn of alcohol).

Apparently this works ;)

unsigned_char72

Post by unsigned_char72 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:38 am

I guess the "waste" plant fibers would contain most of the Salvinorin because of its non-water solubility. But if you have that device you can just test it and tell us. Just don't trash the waste ;)

orinn

Post by orinn » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:09 pm

ok I can categorically say that this method is very effective.

The plant fibre when dried has very little salvinorin remaining in it.

Salvinorin A is present in the liquid of the leaves, this method simply "prechews" them...

kedabra

Post by kedabra » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:04 am

Have you tried this? How do you know the waste has no salvinorin in it? Theres not much point "pre chewing" leaves - its the process of chewing itself, the mechanical action of the salvinorin coated fibre abrading the mucosa , which makes the quid particularly effective (as far as I understand it - though quid doesn't seem to work at all for some people). In SWIM's experience, quidding works better than tinctures alone., the optimum being a combination of alcoholic tincture and a quid.

The machine sounds more like an automated version of the mazatec method, where they mash leaves in a tea. It's not an efficient extraction method though, you need alot of leaves. Fine if you have a jungle nearby.

orinn

Post by orinn » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:15 pm

Swim has used this method to great effect. :D

smoking the left over fibre has proved mostly inneffective.

hey look, it works for swim, although he chews leaves at other times, but when not desiring a huge mouthful of leaf, swim uses a masticating juicer, then washes the fresh extract over the mucosa.

it's not a tincture, its fresh leaf extract, its not mixed with water, its pure plant, and it works.

thought this might be helpful to someone who wants to quid but can't tolerate a mouthful of leaf..... :geek:

kedabra

Post by kedabra » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:05 pm

How much leaf are you using for a dose, how long are you holding the juice in your mouth, what effect are you getting from this dose? And how does the effect from a given amount of juiced leaf compare to just chewing the leaves? It would be great if this worked, but it's hard to tell whats going on from the info you've given...

unsigned_char72

Post by unsigned_char72 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:13 pm

well, that's interesting to say the least!

If that works, it could revolutionize the extraction techniques, for example fortified leaves could me made by simply spilling juice drops over plain leaves and let them dry. Without messing with chemicals, that is.

Please share more details.