Kratom forum?

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.
User avatar
fractal enchant
Posts: 540
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:00 pm
Location: canada

Re: Kratom forum? -

Post by fractal enchant » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:29 pm

what exactly is kratom like???? I thought it was really addicitve so I have never tried it..but I am curious now?? Heard its similar to cannabis..does it synergise with salvia well?? and would it be good for anxiety?

User avatar
kimanogold
Posts: 853
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 7:00 pm
Location: The Land of 10,000 Lakes

Re: Kratom forum? -

Post by kimanogold » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:12 am

what exactly is kratom like???? I thought it was really addicitve so I have never tried it..but I am curious now?? Heard its similar to cannabis..does it synergise with salvia well?? and would it be good for anxiety?
relaxing euphoric stimulation. not very addictive when you use your brain. not similar to the one we dont mention in any way whatsoever. dont think it would make much of a difference with salvia... might help you relax before an experience. imo its excellent for anxiety, but that really depends on the person.. might make it worse *shrugs*

Aurea
Posts: 379
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: Kratom forum? -

Post by Aurea » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:04 am

kimanogold wrote:relaxing euphoric stimulation. not very addictive when you use your brain. not similar to the one we dont mention in any way whatsoever. dont think it would make much of a difference with salvia... might help you relax before an experience. imo its excellent for anxiety, but that really depends on the person.. might make it worse *shrugs*
"relaxing euphoric stimulation" like coffee, kava, kanna, picralima, cacao, so many more all in different ways.
of these coffee is the addictive one!
kratoms a nice mild mood lift for some

OT but it has always fascinated me how they serve the powerful addictive stimulant coffee to patients waiting in the doctors office!

no kratom's not like the herb you mentioned fractal enchant, but the hype at the .md sites that the OP likely owns would have you think so.

Come to think of it, since this thread for kratom was started in the SALVIA forum and likely the OP is the disapproval-worthy (to say the least) vendor that sells "MDA Strength" kratom with the use of a talking human figure in the screen's corner spouting shocking untrue words about kratom and claiming it causes an "out of body experience" (!), I don't have much to say about this thread except it should probably never have existed.:|

Why is it so obvious that the OP is the site referenced? Because no one would possibly defend the terrible and terrifying vendor site in question from criticism in one post and the same day after joining Edot proclaim in another post that kratom causes out of body experiences, a claim, as Dioxippus pointed out above, that ONLY that specific vendor's site has ever attempted to make such an outlandish claim. Which is why they are likely under investigation currently.
And yeah Dioxippus, I love the claim that kratom induces "full-blown music in one's mind."
Right..........................:roll:
As someone else mentioned it is shocking what the OP's site (and/or the site the OP just happens to defend and simulataneously makes the same odd unique false claim as) will stoop to for a lousy sale.
Last edited by Aurea on Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

lifeinallday
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:00 pm

Re: Kratom forum? -

Post by lifeinallday » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:45 am

fractal enchant wrote:what exactly is kratom like???? I thought it was really addicitve so I have never tried it..but I am curious now?? Heard its similar to cannabis..does it synergise with salvia well?? and would it be good for anxiety?
Euphoric body sensation, with a very lucid daydream going on. As if you were falling asleep but you know your awake at the same time. Great for meditation.

LadySalviaLover
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:00 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Kratom forum? -

Post by LadySalviaLover » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:26 am

lifeinallday wrote:Euphoric body sensation, with a very lucid daydream going on. As if you were falling asleep but you know your awake at the same time. Great for meditation.

Well, THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one who experiences this with Kratom. I actually personally believe it's an OBE, rather than a lucid dream. Could be both. How do you really prove, I don't know.
Funny thing is though, I don't experience OBE/lucid dreams through Kratom any more. I've been taking it for about 6 months now and the OBEs stopped a few months ago. I was experiencing them when I was at the 2 to 3 gram dose. Now I'm at 5 to 10 and since I increased the dosage I haven't experienced any OBEs.

And Kratom is less addictive than coffee, I can tell you that from a personal experience. It's a lot harder for me to stop drinking coffee than Kratom. I stop Kratom every few months for about 2 weeks to see if I experience any withdrawal symptoms and haven't had any at all. I'm due to stop Kratom for another two weeks any time now, so I'll let you know how it goes. Last time I stopped was 2 months ago. I HAVE been taking quiet a bit more than before so I wouldn't be surprised if I experience slight withdrawal symptoms, but kinda doubt it.

LadySalviaLover
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:00 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Kratom forum? -

Post by LadySalviaLover » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:48 am

And i don't know about "full blown music in one's head" but I have had auditory hallucinations with Kratom no doubt. Again those went away with my OBEs. Now I only experience Kratom's relaxing and stimulating effects on my mind and body without any of its hallucinatory properties. Sigh :(

So back on the auditory hallucinations. I used to hear an insanely loud scream when entering an OBE/lucid dream on Kratom. First time I heard it, it scared the crap out of me and I told myself I'm never doing kratom again because of it. But then did it anyway ;) Then I read reports on the net about "the kratom scream" So a lot of people have been experiencing it apparently.

User avatar
Metanoian
Posts: 3372
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:02 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Kratom forum? -

Post by Metanoian » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:02 am

LadySalviaLover wrote:Then I read reports on the net about "the kratom scream" So a lot of people have been experiencing it apparently.
I've never heard of this so called "Kratom scream" phenomenon. And trust me, I've read countless reports. I don't know where you're getting this from....
I use Kratom for a meditation aid and to relax on occasion and I've never experienced auditory hallucinations whatsoever. And to say that there isn't much difference between an OBE and a lucid day dream, well, that's quite the belief. Maybe inexperience is the culprit here :D And also the desire to make a sale by whatever means necessary. :lol:
Pulled and kneaded like salt water taffy.

Interconnecting peoploids, like tinker toy ferris wheels, rotating counterclockwise for eternity.

LadySalviaLover
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:00 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Kratom forum? -

Post by LadySalviaLover » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:19 am

Dioxippus wrote:I've never heard of this so called "Kratom scream" phenomenon. And trust me, I've read countless reports. I don't know where you're getting this from....
I use Kratom for a meditation aid and to relax on occasion and I've never experienced auditory hallucinations whatsoever. And to say that there isn't much difference between an OBE and a lucid day dream, well, that's quite the belief. Maybe inexperience is the culprit here :D And also the desire to make a sale by whatever means necessary. :lol:
You're right, there is definitely a difference between a lucid dream and OBE. I don't know what i was thinking. Well, I can tell you I have experienced both on Kratom. Lucid dreams actually less than OBEs. And yes, I am absolutely certain I've been experiencing OBEs with Kratom. I've experience more lucid dreams on Oxycontin than Kratom. I've experienced a "scream" on Oxycontin too.

On Kratom i was able to visit my girlfriend's bedroom one night. She was at her mom's and she told me the next day without me saying anything, that she felt a presence in the room that night and got scared. I told her it was me. She was in Ohio, I was in San Diego at the time.

Another time on Kratom I went out of my body and walked downstairs. The last time I experienced an OBE on Kratom was the scariest. I was 100% convinced that I was dieing. It was horrible. I fought it so hard I really didn't want to die. And a few seconds after I was able to bring myself back. I think it's because I got so scared the last time, that I haven't experienced any OBEs any more. I think my fear is preventing me from experiencing it again.

User avatar
Metanoian
Posts: 3372
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:02 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Kratom forum? -

Post by Metanoian » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:35 am

LadySalviaLover wrote:You're right, there is definitely a difference between a lucid dream and OBE. I don't know what i was thinking. Well, I can tell you I have experienced both on Kratom. Lucid dreams actually less than OBEs. And yes, I am absolutely certain I've been experiencing OBEs with Kratom. I've experience more lucid dreams on Oxycontin than Kratom. I've experienced a "scream" on Oxycontin too.

On Kratom i was able to visit my girlfriend's bedroom one night. She was at her mom's and she told me the next day without me saying anything, that she felt a presence in the room that night and got scared. I told her it was me. She was in Ohio, I was in San Diego at the time.

Another time on Kratom I went out of my body and walked downstairs. The last time I experienced an OBE on Kratom was the scariest. I was 100% convinced that I was dieing. It was horrible. I fought it so hard I really didn't want to die. And a few seconds after I was able to bring myself back. I think it's because I got so scared the last time, that I haven't experienced any OBEs any more. I think my fear is preventing me from experiencing it again.
If you're experiencing OBE's from Kratom you're a lucky person :) I don't know what to think really....I'm curious to see if I would be able to produce an OBE with a large dose of Kratom. I've experience OBE's from Salvia use most often, but any way of achieving an OBE interests me. I don't know how successful I could be, but I think I will give it a serious attempt with a good dose of Kratom. What strain of kratom do you use? Just curious.
Pulled and kneaded like salt water taffy.

Interconnecting peoploids, like tinker toy ferris wheels, rotating counterclockwise for eternity.

LadySalviaLover
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:00 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Kratom forum? -

Post by LadySalviaLover » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:36 am

Dioxippus wrote:If you're experiencing OBE's from Kratom you're a lucky person :) I don't know what to think really....I'm curious to see if I would be able to produce an OBE with a large dose of Kratom. I've experience OBE's from Salvia use most often, but any way of achieving an OBE interests me. I don't know how successful I could be, but I think I will give it a serious attempt with a good dose of Kratom. What strain of kratom do you use? Just curious.
Golden Indo. But I'm not sure if the secret is in using a large dose. I had my OBEs from Kratom only at the beginning when I was taking just 2 grams. Up to 5 grams I still was experiencing OBEs, but a lot less frequent. Now, since recently Ive been taking 7 to 10 and Im not experiencing any OBEs or lucid dreams. So a larger dose doesn't seem to be the secret to such experiences. At least for me. Everyone's different when it comes to opiates, so your experience might be different.

Post Reply