Is it legal to carry salvia on airplane?

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.
hudisa

Is it legal to carry salvia on airplane? -

Post by hudisa » Sat May 10, 2008 11:59 pm

in handbag, or in a bag that you dont carry with you....

im flying on thursday this week, im currently in USA OH, will be flying to philadelphia, then from there to London, and from london to Croatia.

my question is if they do check my bags and do find salvia, and since most people dont know much about they would probobly right away think its weed and i could get in some mess.

is it legal to carry it in airplanes?

jbmac

Re: Is it legal to carry salvia on airplane? -

Post by jbmac » Sun May 11, 2008 1:06 am

If I were a smuggler, I'd pack it into checked luggage, very well hidden,
inside many layers, etc, etc. Whether you are a smuggler or not, you will
be considered one if you are discovered. That could go any way after it is discovered. It might have a chance at being very negative.

hudisa

Post by hudisa » Sun May 11, 2008 1:23 am

no i dont want to be a smuggler, if its illegal i simply wont take it.

but since my friends in croatia have never heard of salvia, and cant get it there, i want to bring some back there to show them.

and since its legal in US, legal in UK, and in CRO (i think ) should there really be any problem carrying it....?

Solomon

Post by Solomon » Sun May 11, 2008 1:38 am

I wouldnt think so...but i doubt they will know what it is..and will probably cause alot of bother and nuisance if discovered..as for the legal side,no i dont think there should be any problems...but im no lawyer.

jbmac

Post by jbmac » Sun May 11, 2008 1:39 am

It's never a problem unless discovered. If discovered, there's some
'splainin to do. One a good day, you saying what it is and why it's legal,
will work. On a bad day, anything could happen. So, good idea bringing something legal in checked baggage. Also a good idea to make it blend in and not be smellable. And not have a pipe, lighter, or anything else with it helps to, me thinks.

Munkey106

Post by Munkey106 » Sun May 11, 2008 1:43 am

hudisa wrote:...and since its legal in US, legal in UK, and in CRO (i think ) should there really be any problem carrying it....?
It's illegal in a few states in the US

jux

Post by jux » Sun May 11, 2008 5:06 am

you are probabally fine unless you have a layover in an area where it isnt legal.

customs, however is a different issue. they operate a bit different than TSA (airport security), so if you had any issues at all, it would probably be with them....

just keep it in your checked baggage and make sure you dont layover in a state or country where it is illegal and you shouldnt have any issues.

bum

Post by bum » Sun May 11, 2008 5:54 am

If it's legal in Croatia and London then you're OK. Just stick it in a pocket of a pair of shorts in the middle of your suitcase so they hopefully don't find it and hassle you with questions. Worst thing that could happen is you're questioned.

kedabra

Post by kedabra » Sun May 11, 2008 8:42 am

I wouldn't risk the hassle of being questioned. if its legal in those countries you can buy it in a head shop anyway.

hudisa

Post by hudisa » Sun May 11, 2008 10:15 am

bum wrote:If it's legal in Croatia and London then you're OK. Just stick it in a pocket of a pair of shorts in the middle of your suitcase so they hopefully don't find it and hassle you with questions. Worst thing that could happen is you're questioned.
yeah thats what im thinking, but then again, i keep thinking what if they think its weed, and how am i gonna prove them wrong? tell them to take a hit and test it for themselves? :mrgreen: