Entheogen.com

This is the place to discuss the website itself.
cowfodder
Site Admin

Entheogen.com

Post by cowfodder » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:27 pm

Although entheogen.com appears to be dead at this time, all is not lost. Just visit http://www.entheogen-network.com/archive/edot to browse complete copy of the forums as they were on the last day before the domain expired. You can't log into this site, but at least all the info wasn't lost.
http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=15108
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

quantumbrujo

Re: Entheogen.com

Post by quantumbrujo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:02 pm

It's a damn good thing all that knowledge wasn't lost.nice going cowfodder ;)
I used to have a signature but now I don't for the moment

flickedbic

Post by flickedbic » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:07 pm

Are all pages in the backup accessable? Or only the first 3 pages and the final page of each thread? I am attempting to find my place in the "What's Everyone Listening To?" thread; and can only access pages 1-3, and then the last page; all other pages give the 404 "Cannot be found" error message.

The same goes for the "crazy videos" thread.

Is the backup incomplete? Or is this a quirk of my machine?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Blessings.
All readable matter in the above post is ficticious.

Any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Without prejudice.

cowfodder
Site Admin

Post by cowfodder » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:16 pm

Nope, I seem to have the same issue. I know a few other people made backups, and there was a size difference, so I wonder if mine got messed up somehow. I'll see about making a new backup before the site is gone.
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

GK77

Post by GK77 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:30 pm

Damn. that makes me wonder how much of the site we actually got. Mine was 4 GB, one of the larger versions, but I am willing to bet that 15 years of information, links and attachments is more than 4 GB.

I maintain what I said a while back; I'd would like to give the owner of Edot a piece of my mind.
"I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
-AE

http://forums.botanicalswap.org/index.php?topic=1808.0

salvialover24

Post by salvialover24 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:18 am

OK, nice. Things are progressing. Many thanks to cowfodder. I am unable to reply to individual posts, nor to put a picture/avatar in my profile. Do we need to send 11 posts before getting an avatar. The rules are a bit weird. The archive seems to work, at least for the salvia forum. But I hope we will be able to access the list of posts by members and different things like that. It would of course be nice to be sure that the archive are complete, 4 GB seems not so much. It would be nice to solve the mystery of the owner of EDOT.

cowfodder
Site Admin

Post by cowfodder » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:15 pm

salvialover24 wrote:OK, nice. Things are progressing. Many thanks to cowfodder. I am unable to reply to individual posts, nor to put a picture/avatar in my profile. Do we need to send 11 posts before getting an avatar. The rules are a bit weird. The archive seems to work, at least for the salvia forum. But I hope we will be able to access the list of posts by members and different things like that. It would of course be nice to be sure that the archive are complete, 4 GB seems not so much. It would be nice to solve the mystery of the owner of EDOT.
Yeah, it's something like 10 posts to add an avatar and to pm. I'll go ahead and take you out of the new user category, since I know you from the old site.

unsigned_char72

integration of the old posts

Post by unsigned_char72 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:27 am

regarding the integration of the old posts: I made a little investigation and it seems there is a program that can import messages from XML into a phpbb forum. Of course we don't have XMLs, so it's needed a specific program that reads the .htmls grabbed by HHTrack and turn them into XML (reconstructing the whole site structure). Not an easy task, but it should be doable. If this is the direction to go, I can volounteer for the html->xml conversion part.

What do you think about?

Kada

Post by Kada » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:48 pm

This is really a sad thing to happen :) I would also expect such a big site to be WAY bigger than 4gb....100gb maybe?

If i may ask, is the owner the only one with a key? i have gathered he/she wants to remain pretty anonymous over the years, which is cool, but do any of you know who does own it and can call/write/talk to them?

Cowfodder, if your having troubles or need new things etc, pm/email me I am willing to help where and when i can.

This is kada/Kadakuda from the edot forums btw.

flickedbic

Post by flickedbic » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:26 pm

unsigned_char72; I can't speak for the mods of this board; but that seems like our best bet for total info preservation aside from the next round of backup efforts possibly using the methods (detailed in the link below) that have created the partial backup.

Let me know if there is any way I can help.

A few have been able to access entheogen.com by modifying their HOSTS file to add:

67.205.53.152 www.entheogen.com

info from this thread: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showfla ... art/3/vc/1
All readable matter in the above post is ficticious.

Any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Without prejudice.