E-Cigarettes

Systemized knowledge and its applications.
cowfodder
Site Admin

Re: E-Cigarettes -

Post by cowfodder » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:10 pm

Skunk, again thank you for turning me on to this. It's been a week of vaping now, and I'm already noticing a big difference. As far as the drying effect, higher nicotine will cause it, but also check to see if the juice maker is thinning the mix with ethanol, as some people seem especially sensitive to it.

BTW, Tammy's Maple Bacon flavor is fucking amazing, and 3 parts ECOpure Menthol 10mg to 2 parts of Tammy's Wintergreen candy is a near perfect replacement for Marlboro Smooths.
http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=15108
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

2kool2

Post by 2kool2 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:37 pm

Update : My little electrical pipe is still working . I can not belive it . The little button on the side is starting to go out though but I'ved used it very hvy now for two month's . Going to order another head with a few more batteriers for it .They said to send the head back(bowl part with battery)and they would send me a new one so I am going to do that after I get my new one in . I love this thing . Best one I have tryed so far but I need a higher nic juice so the search is on ..

cowfodder
Site Admin

Post by cowfodder » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:08 pm

2kool2 wrote: Best one I have tryed so far but I need a higher nic juice so the search is on ..
PM'd
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:11 pm

I've had one of these before. They taste like hooka smoke! It's the bomb! I heard they can give you bronchitus though. Still beats lung cancer.

skunkjar

Post by skunkjar » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:20 pm

I am finding the 24+ mg juice is way too strong for me, next time I am going with 12mg. I only smoked 1/2 - 3/4 pack a day and found myself having all kinds of trouble sleeping at night. We'll see what happens. My goal was to get un-addicted but my nicotine intake has probably tripled using these strong juices. Still don't smell like an ashtray though ;)

Captu4ik

Post by Captu4ik » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:48 pm

skunkjar wrote:I am finding the 24+ mg juice is way too strong for me, I only smoked 1/2 - 3/4 pack a day ;)
WOW ! I was smoking almost 3 packs of Kool's per day and the 24mg. is a little much for me. I'm going to try 18 mg. next time.

My biggest problem with these is that vaping is just downright enjoyable, especially when you have the right flavors.

What upsets me is the mark-up on these things ! I can get 100 JOYE510 starter kits (2 batteries, 2 atomizers 1 charger and 10 carts) delivered to me from China for $20/set. In the US, on the 'net, the cheapest is $40 with many over twice the price ! The mark-up is even steeper on spare atomizers, batteries and carts.

I might have to open my own website -- Ed.

skunkjar

Post by skunkjar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:10 pm

Beat you to it, I already set one up. I can't afford 100 lots so my prices aren't that cheap but a lot less than what I paid for mine retail. My starter kits also include a 5ml bottle of juice...

skunkjar

Post by skunkjar » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:25 pm

Ok, my box mod (510 connector) and batteries arrived from Ken this morning. The first thing I noticed is it is smaller than I thought. It is just big enough to fit 2 AA size batteries, about 2/3 the width and thickness of the old Moto pagers I was comparing it to before seeing it in person.

The build quality is decent, as good or better than one would expect from a mod costing 1/2 of the rest of the comparable mods. I'm not afraid to toss it in my pocket while at work, and since it has an on-off switch there is no chance of draining my battery to give my pocket a bunch of vapor. Also interesting to note- the batteries were 900mAh not the 750 mAh ones, so that is good. Also, with the true 3.7v the flavor of the juice seems to be even better than with a stock battery.

Overall I'd say that if you are looking for an inexpensive 3.7v mod, this is a great deal. Each unit is hand built by Ken and his shipping times and customer service are AWESOME. The 900mAh @ 3.7v should make this little guy a marathon runner lasting 8+ hours. I would give it the following ratings.

Size: 10/10
Looks: 8/10 (The translucent colors would be 10/10, but the black is just black)
Vapor production: 10/10
Battery life: 11/10
Build quality: 7.5/10 (It is plastic and not metal, but it is cheap...)

For the price, it just can't be beat. I like it a lot.
Last edited by skunkjar on Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cowfodder
Site Admin

Post by cowfodder » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:18 am

Captu4ik wrote:WOW ! I was smoking almost 3 packs of Kool's per day and the 24mg. is a little much for me. I'm going to try 18 mg. next time.

My biggest problem with these is that vaping is just downright enjoyable, especially when you have the right flavors.
Wow, I was barely a pack a day of Marlboro Smooths, and the 30mg from Tammy is just right, but I am blending that with 10mg menthol from elsewhere. I do agree that vaping is just much more enjoyable though. My wife is worried that I'm going to end up even more nicotine dependent than I was when I smoked.

dtman

Post by dtman » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:38 pm

Yes i really like the e-cig but am looking for other stronger nic etc
that i can use I am currently using 37 mg but is there a stronger mg
i can get or does anyone got a better web site