We are the weavers.

Entheogen related fiction and non-fiction.
flickedbic

We are the weavers.

Post by flickedbic » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:51 pm

Listening to Bill Hicks' Oxford standup, I hear him say "I am the weaver". This resonates with me; and I do some research and find this piece that fairly well expresses my current tendencies of understanding. I here share:

"Earth is a smooth pond which is imprinted by and reflects the web of planetary influences, as soft putty carries the imprint of a gently-pressed finger. We humans are as water spiders on the surface of the pond, weaving into physical form the web that we see and feel reflected from above. There are reflections also from the sand on the bottom of the pond which are felt and woven on the surface, and in this way the stars hear not only their own echo from earth, but the music of Gaia's own sphere intermingled with their sweet symphony. Incarnate humans thus can be the creators of a heavenly web on the spherical surface of the earth, attuned simultaneously to the above and below, swimming in the ecstacy of creation.

Number is archetype. Number expressed in space is geometry. Number expressed in time is music. Number expressed in space-time is astronomy / astrology. Number expressed in space-time also is geomancy. Human form is created in phi proportion, the proportion of harmonious interaction and of mutually-enhancing relationship.

We are the weavers. Ours is the web. This is our birthright and our destiny."

---Patrick MacManaway

On the same site I found this Poem; also calling on the weavers:

"Come lovers and daughters,
Come spinners and weavers,
Tool makers, potters,
Dancers and dreamers,
Fixers and changers,
Singers and screamers,
Forget all the dangers,
Come ancestors, guardians, Goddesses too,
You who teach us, you who speak true,
You who plant, and you who reap,
You who soar and you who creep,
You who cook, and you who drum,
You who have been, and you yet to come,
You who fight with the sword,
You who fight with the pen,
Unreasonable women,
Unmanageable men,
Come harpies and banshees and gorgons and Witches,
Come sweet loving hearts and furious bitches!"

"Break the chains that have kept us bound,
Weave a web to pull the monster down.
In the face of truth, no lie can stand,
Weave the vision, strand by strand."

"We are sweet water, we are the seed,
We are the storm wind to blow away greed.
We are the new world we bring to birth,
The river rising to reclaim the earth."

-- Starhawk

And this one is short and sweet; gave me chills:

"You never enjoy the world alright, until the Sea itself flows in your
veins, until you are clothed with the heavens, and crowned with the stars:
and perceive yourself as the sole heir of the whole world, and more than
that, because people are in it who are every one sole heirs as well as you.

Until you can sing and rejoice and delight in God, as misers do in gold, and
Kings in sceptres, you never enjoy the world..."

- Thomas Traherne (1637-74), England.

http://www.reconnections.net/quotes.htm

This is the first time I've seen the site above; so I'm not recommending everything there as worth looking into; but it is looking good so far.

Blessings.
All readable matter in the above post is ficticious.

Any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Without prejudice.

cochisewolf

Re: We are the weavers.

Post by cochisewolf » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:49 am

Not sure why but those passages in some way remind me of these quotes from Chief Joseph of the Nez Perce:

" I have carried a heavy load on my back ever since I was a boy. I realized then that we could not hold our own with the white men. We were like deer. They were like grizzly bears. We had small country. Their country was large. We were contented to let things remain as the Great Spirit Chief made them. They were not, and would change the rivers and mountains if they did not suit them."

"I am tired of fighting.... from where the sun now stands, I will fight no more."

"Our fathers gave us many laws, which they had learned from their fathers. These laws were good. They told us to treat all people as they treated us; that we should never be the first to break a bargain; that is was a disgrace to tell a lie; that we should speak only the truth; that it was a shame for one man to take another his wife or his property without paying for it."
I indulged myself in the various religions and philosophies but cheerfulness kept breaking through
- Leonard Cohen

I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no class ...
- Unknown Poet

Venison

Re: We are the weavers.

Post by Venison » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:43 pm

When I saw this thread title, I thought for sure you must be talking about "The Weaver", a song off the new Puscifer album. So here's what Maynard Keenan has to say about being a Weaver:

Observing the shades/ Interpreting signs/ Reporting the patterns/ Row by line

Liturgical tales I live and tell/ Fused and entwined/ Like threads in the tapestry

I am therefore I do/ Explore. I am the weaver/ I do therefore become/ A seer and believer.

I am therefore I do/ Explore. I am the weaver/ I do therefore become/ A seer and believer.

I am therefore I do/ Pursue. I am the weaver/ I do therefore become/ A seer and believer.

Elegiacal psalms I live and tell/ Spun and woven/ Like threads in the tapestry