Does God demand equality?

Here is the place to discuss philosophy, religion, and spirituality.
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:54 pm

My Gnostic Christian God demands equality of all peoples as a part of our Universalists beliefs.

Most religions also preach some form of equality yet also preach homophobia and misogyny. Why are most believers denying equality to the vast majority of those not in their particular religion as well as to many within their own circles?

It seems that Gods do demand equality. Love thy neighbor as yourself, or some other reciprocity rule, are in every major religious tradition. It seems that the religious believe in equality just as little as they believe in their Gods who demand it. What happened to fearing God and doing as he commands?

I cannot see the world solving its problems, be they religious or political, while the vast majority, the religious, deny equality to the other majority who are not of their particular religion. That religious hatred against gays, women and those in other religions must stop. Religious hate of others puts more hate than good into our societies and prevents rapprochement.

We, as individuals, are quite good and altruistic. This is quite apparent if one looks at the statistics of our progress as a people in other moral areas. It is our religions and other social institutions and governments that are evil, not the people, as many governing hierarchies have institutionalized misogyny in their written policies.

Our last great challenge against justice, our hate directed against gays and women must be set aside if the harder challenges we face, if there are any, are to be defeated.

That hate is holding back our rise in being civilized people. I urge all men to look at their mothers, daughters and wives, and wonder why they do not see them as equal or demand that their religious laws make them so.

I urge all women to ask the men in their lives why exactly they continue to promote the hate and inequality of gays and women through their support of homophobic and misogynous policies.

Does your God demand equality and why are you, --- you meaning all religious people, --- not granting it?

Regards
DL

Jizzmasterzero

Re: Does God demand equality?

Post by Jizzmasterzero » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:26 am

Look around and you will see the hypocrisy. For instance, I was watching a show about Viet Nam. They showed "them" praying to God for victory, then they show "our" guys doing the same. Same goes for any sporting event. How about people praying for a sick friend? Praying to God so that he will wipe out the disease the illness, when in reality that disease is also one of Gods children. I'm sure very few people have a truly Universal view of God and creation. God created earth to be in a perfect balance, and it has been for millennia until recently. I think God gets pissed if your church clear cuts 10 acres of forest (His perfect creation) to build another church.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eithan0693

Post by eithan0693 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:51 am

So why does God let babies die? Why do 5 people have more money then the other 8 billion why do half those 8 billion live on less then 1$ a day? If God really wanted things to be "good" they would be plain and simple. I was reading a thing posted by a Satanist. Now before everyone freaks out listen up. These people don't do sacrifices first of all. They have a different veiw on everything.

Here's the 10 comandments as written by christans.

You shall have no other gods before Me.
You shall not make idols.
You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Honor your father and your mother.
You shall not murder.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
You shall not covet.

Lets take a look at the first 3; hmm really eh God? Someone sounds a bit full of himself. God himself has shown no more power then the devil, so if Satan has equal power then that makes him ALSO a god.. hmm.
The rest seem like generally respect based things that's nice and all, but what do you make of it saying "if two men shall lay together they shall be stones by their peers" so he hates gays ( oops that's not equal either )
There's my first two points God won't recognize the power of other godly beings, making him selfish and self centered, and that he clearly doesn't see everyone as equal.

The reason I brought up satarism is because their belief is that God was the evil one and banished him to the underworld because he was envious of Satan's power. Satan disargreed with God and said that God should be taking actions againt people who kill and destroy peoples lives. Satan knew the destruction would only continue if it was allowed to go on and wanted to make the world a better place for those living on it. Satan didn't want to control us or make us divid ourselves into groups and fight and kill each other. He wanted us to enjoy our lives with little restriction of what we were allowed to do. It wasn't up to him to decide if we lied to each other or had sex before marriage or do drugs, yet "God" the good one, demands we go to hell for those things , he allowed these people to destroy other people's lives and say they are sorry and have it all go away? Satan does believe in punishment but not undue. When looking at both sides Satanism seems more realistic and frankly Satan seems like a good guy and God still seems like a douche bag.

Jizzmasterzero

Post by Jizzmasterzero » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:36 am

God doesn't deal with money, insurance policies, lottery tickets, or any other man made creations. Babies do die, just like baby animals get eaten by predators. We were given all we need to survive. Indigenous people have done so around the world for thousands of years. We do not consider the few remaining groups of indigenous people as poor because they have learned to live with what is provided by nature. But, when people leave nature and try to live a civilized life without the means to afford modern conveniences, we call it poverty and inequality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eithan0693

Post by eithan0693 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:50 am

Exactly

Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:18 pm

eithan0693 wrote:So why does God let babies die? Why do 5 people have more money then the other 8 billion why do half those 8 billion live on less then 1$ a day? If God really wanted things to be "good" they would be plain and simple. I was reading a thing posted by a Satanist. Now before everyone freaks out listen up. These people don't do sacrifices first of all. They have a different veiw on everything.

Here's the 10 comandments as written by christans.

You shall have no other gods before Me.
You shall not make idols.
You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Honor your father and your mother.
You shall not murder.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
You shall not covet.

Lets take a look at the first 3; hmm really eh God? Someone sounds a bit full of himself. God himself has shown no more power then the devil, so if Satan has equal power then that makes him ALSO a god.. hmm.
The rest seem like generally respect based things that's nice and all, but what do you make of it saying "if two men shall lay together they shall be stones by their peers" so he hates gays ( oops that's not equal either )
There's my first two points God won't recognize the power of other godly beings, making him selfish and self centered, and that he clearly doesn't see everyone as equal.

The reason I brought up satarism is because their belief is that God was the evil one and banished him to the underworld because he was envious of Satan's power. Satan disargreed with God and said that God should be taking actions againt people who kill and destroy peoples lives. Satan knew the destruction would only continue if it was allowed to go on and wanted to make the world a better place for those living on it. Satan didn't want to control us or make us divid ourselves into groups and fight and kill each other. He wanted us to enjoy our lives with little restriction of what we were allowed to do. It wasn't up to him to decide if we lied to each other or had sex before marriage or do drugs, yet "God" the good one, demands we go to hell for those things , he allowed these people to destroy other people's lives and say they are sorry and have it all go away? Satan does believe in punishment but not undue. When looking at both sides Satanism seems more realistic and frankly Satan seems like a good guy and God still seems like a douche bag.
Thanks

eithan0693

Post by eithan0693 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:15 pm

Science is my religion, physics are my commandments. Nothing can be created or destroyed, everything must go in a cycle. Give and take.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:48 pm

Christ rewrote the law and gave the people only these two commandments:

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.