Lucid Dreaming

General Chit-Chat and New Member hellos.
Farenx

Lucid Dreaming -

Post by Farenx » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:54 pm

Any Lucid Dreamers out there?

I am currently attempting to explore the dream world, no successful attempts yet but with practice and technique eventually I'll be able to.

To those who have or do, what have you found and what can you suggest to help in my endevor?

openwindow

Re: Lucid Dreaming -

Post by openwindow » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:57 pm

I have been exploring my dreams. When I started about 15 yrs ago I would write them down as soon as I woke up even in the middle of the night (it took a little practice to write in the dark) I did that for about a year and it really help me to learn how to remember my dreams and become more conscious in the dream world. Lately I have started writing down my dreams again and it has been helping me go deeper in them. Also a good dream interpretation book and studying the symbols in my dreams helped me a lot.

alice

Post by alice » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:39 pm

I bought the book from Stephen LaBerge (http://www.amazon.com/Exploring-Worl...e=UTF8&s=books) a while ago and was very skeptical at the beginning. I had holidays when i started reading the book and surprisingly i had some success... I only read the first 40 pages or so and started following the advices. However when i had to go to work again and was busy with other topics during the day i forgot to "do my homework". So, it´s very important that you do the lessons from the book and that you keep doing reality checks during the day!
My advice... buy the book from LaBerge and read it... Don´t read it during one night, but just a few pages a day and do the lessons... All is written in the book and it really works :)... I had my first lucid dream after one week or so...

In another dream i was dreaming that i wake up and i realized that i was dreaming... I went to the closet, got my clothes, went into the bath... and suddenly i woke up again... again went to the closet, got my clothes... and it started all over... It was very very strange... Finally i really woke up...

Enlighten me

Post by Enlighten me » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:57 am

Melatonin is the obvious answer. but if you want to do it without chemical help, I suggest practicing some sort of brain wave techniques.

http://www.guide-to-self-help-techniques.com/

hekura

Post by hekura » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:41 am

Once the lucid dreaming thing gets going it begins to happen naturally.

Etie

Post by Etie » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:00 pm

aparently there are goggle things one can buy that flash lights when you go into rem or dream sleep, (light flashes in your dream) that lets you know you are dreaming,,
I dont own any but sounds intresting..

crazydewman

Post by crazydewman » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:12 am

i have been attempting astral travel and stuff which is about the same i guess. so far i've just been working on the energy body and awakening it. since i started a few days ago (everyday practive atleast) i've noted better dream recall so i guess something is happening. plus the deep state you go into the do the energy body work is incredibly relaxing and nice (a cd i used to begin with said something about upper delta brainwave range), and i can attain it rather quickly thanks to previous meditation experience.

alls i know so far is you have to really want to do it, you have to know it is your right to do it, and you have to have a plan about that you will do when it happens. also attempting to remember old dreams before sleeping has helped dream recall in the past. i will let you know if anything happens. oh and the program i used to begin with was something like brainwave mind voyages: series two, astral travel the out of body experience. Im going to see if my SHARM has anything, if i can find it...

lucid scream

Post by lucid scream » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:58 am

alice wrote:
In another dream i was dreaming that i wake up and i realized that i was dreaming... I went to the closet, got my clothes, went into the bath... and suddenly i woke up again... again went to the closet, got my clothes... and it started all over... It was very very strange... Finally i really woke up...
How do you know that for sure?