Does anybody even give a fuck?

General Chit-Chat and New Member hellos.
Ghostchild

Does anybody even give a fuck? -

Post by Ghostchild » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:07 pm

That's my question, and sometimes I really really doubt it.

No one even gives a fuck.

Some say there is no Satan, but I had dinner with him last night, and he's a alright just as he was 4,000 years ago.

America a land of lies and chopping of roots.

America do you give a fuck about your roots?

Why have chopped them away?

A tree can't stand if defaces itself in such a way.

throat_gorge

Re: Does anybody even give a fuck? -

Post by throat_gorge » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:17 pm

Don't have dinner with Satan if it makes you feel bad about your country. My mother comes from Iran and I thank God that I'm an American every day!
When I hang with Satan fun and rauchus ensues, but that's just because he knows he can't have my soul. I give a great jolly green giant fuck! The lies won't crush us, and the roots are you and me. We will not loose our roots. As long as God blesses this country with Peyote and Mushrooms, it is clear to me we have a spiritual and good destiny.
Don't despair!

vestyjr

Post by vestyjr » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:49 pm

What Satan is this?

Burning_Copal
Location: a finite mortal body somewhere in PNW. How about you ?

Post by Burning_Copal » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:01 pm

throat_gorge I think your perspective , being an Iranian-american and the opinons you have expressed in the past on the topic are by in large, much clearer on the topic of america then many. My roots are here in america for the past three generations atleast on both sides, so I do not have an immediate reference for the conditions elsewhere in the world as compared to here ( as I think is the case for many whom seem to think ' America is going to hell in a hand basket ' ) We are actually a rather well off nation ( economicaly to be sure ) and truthfully as many go, we still have many civil rights that others elsewhere in the world do not ( although many of them are under continued assault by special interest groups ) I am not blind to what has happened now in the middle east, fuled in no small part by the popular vote of our citizens ( atleast in electing the individuals who made the decisions ) Yet , I think we have little to truely bitch about honestly, sure there are some kinks in our system here in USA, there are in every nation . But we are such a diverse society that honestly, that in and of itself, being by in large a nation of imigrants, we have such a diverse mix of 'points of view ' I firmly believe that america truely hasent fallen, its just stumbled, and will get up, I'm very thankful to be an american myself, as I know, I could have been born elsewhere in the world, and had it much much worse.

Forgive me for sounding like a hick, but I'm going to quote a nice little line from a Charlie Daniels song

" This lady may have stumbled, but she aint never fell "

throat_gorge

Post by throat_gorge » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:04 pm

I love that song!
Cause we'll all stick together
And you can take that to the bank
That's the cowboys and the hippies
And the rebels and the yanks

Burning_Copal
Location: a finite mortal body somewhere in PNW. How about you ?

Post by Burning_Copal » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:06 pm

"You just go and lay your head on a Pittsburgh Steeler fan
And I think you're gonna finally understand" Yeah I am a bit of a CDB fan also, not hardcore, but he is a good musician to be sure.

frog

Post by frog » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:50 pm

the problem with america is that they built it on slavery and genocide as is much of or economy still today. and we all sit back and countinue to support all of it through capitalist-imperialism. this form of gov. can never be trusted again as far as im concerned. apparently thomas jefferson said the american public should rewrite the constitution every 20 years or so just so the gov. doesn't get out of hand but thats never happend?

but yeah does anyone give a hoot? the everlasting question of my life.

peaceout

frog

dragonfly

Post by dragonfly » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:11 pm

what nation wasnt built on genocide and slavery?!

hey, remember a lot of the "problem" is an illusion. there are millions of really really really fucking cool people who are doing really amazing stuff.

we can change. within us resides all the power to transform.

i give a hoot! if any body else does, then strength in numbers.

studying permaculture and sharing the wisdom is prolly one of the most revolutionary acts of our time. as is awakening to the universal flow which is within us all such ... miracles. that we are dmt...had to slip that in...LOL. that we are evolving...that we are GOD/spirit/whatever ya wanna call it.

even if for now i am only writing my enthusiasm, i also discover it all over.

i seek this and want more all the time. i am choosing the beauty, the love, inspiration, the healing of self and of all...peace and blessings...it is all possible to transform...i believe it is...

captain dayglo

Post by captain dayglo » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:57 am

Ghostchild, beautiful original post.

I really couldnt answer your question, but I sure as hell feel your pain.

Satan visits me all the time too, because I just cant let him go, same with you, his opinion means nothing, dont let it be important. It really has no power.

He is pursausion, and you are stronger than that we all are. Dont let his dreams misguide you.

So yeah Let it all in but dont give it any power, good or bad, Im telling you, lets just all fuck.

frog

Post by frog » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:41 pm

dragonfly wrote:what nation wasnt built on genocide and slavery?!
two wrongs dont make a right.

im not saying other nations are special or better, because these things are all very circumstantial. i wouldn't trust other forms of gov. either. america has a very askewed idea of what good and bad is.

as far as the "problem" being an illusion. i feel that is no way to look at it there is a huge problem that the majority wont even aknowledge exist. i think they call it "denile" the number one american disease. evryone is really scared of feeling responsible for the bad things that happen in the world, but if we dont assume responsibility then nothing can change. the first step is admitting that we have a problem. even really cool people like all of us.

FACT human beaings are killing Mother Earth very rapidly= if the majoity doesn't recognize this we are all doomed. Mother Says "I brought you into this world and it can take you out" (quote of every mother in the world) including the OG.

please dont take any of this negatively this is never my intention. i include myself in all of the above statements and future statements and in no way think i am better than anyone. i know about great people doing great things i love them prolly more than most.:mrgreen:

peace allover the world

frog