Greetings and Salutations

General Chit-Chat and New Member hellos.
The Wrong Alice

Greetings and Salutations

Post by The Wrong Alice » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:15 am

I should drop in and introduce myself, so I shall.

My name is Alice (but that was taken) and I would call myself, among many other things, a poisoner.

First and foremost, I am Other. I will not be made to fit into a little box. While I use understandable terms to describe some of my attributes, I refuse to be quantified or qualified. I am a unique living being. Whatever I am, I am (blank) in name only, simply because it would be confusing and laborious to explain for instance the ways in which the word "Neo-Hellenist" isn't quite accurate. When I am given a form requesting my race, gender, religion, or most other supposedly multiple choice descriptors, I mark that little box that says "other".

I am a Neo-Hellenist and priestess of Hecate... Sort of. My goddess of choice is heavily connected to entheogens and poisons, her sacred plants being things like Datura, Belladonna, Henbane and Hellebore.

I am far from a master of the poison path. At best I am proficient. Mostly I am here to learn and improve upon my art, though I hope that in some small way I can enrich the paths of others.

Obviously there's a lot more to know about me, and these are not the most important things about me. Not by a long shot, but they're the things most relevant to this board. If anyone would like to know anything else, feel free to ask.

May you find what you seek,
Alice
Read my BLOG or THIS if you want to know who I am. If not, you aren't allowed to click my links.

To my fellow poisoners, I offer my HERBAL. This is the only way to buy a book that gets longer after you have it.

cowfodder
Site Admin

Re: Greetings and Salutations

Post by cowfodder » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:05 pm

Welcome!
http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=15108
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

relaxing

Post by relaxing » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:09 am

Welcome Alice, I feel you are centered. Love and best wishes from the trippy edge.

- Relaxing, 57 yrs

The Wrong Alice

Post by The Wrong Alice » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:20 pm

Is centered good or bad? In this context, I'm not real sure. hehehe.

Alice
Read my BLOG or THIS if you want to know who I am. If not, you aren't allowed to click my links.

To my fellow poisoners, I offer my HERBAL. This is the only way to buy a book that gets longer after you have it.

Cultosaurus

Post by Cultosaurus » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:29 am

Hello and Welcome . .. centered usually means good. It means you know where you are coming from and where you are going to. At peace with yourself. but that's just my opinion . .. relaxing will have to speak for what he means

The Wrong Alice

Post by The Wrong Alice » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:41 pm

Ah well I like that version of centered. I hope that's me, thanks.

Alice

Cultosaurus

Post by Cultosaurus » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:41 pm

For me .. peace, health, enlightenment, learning

and children that behave themselves and a wife who loves me .. but I know that those I'll never have, that's why I work on the others.

The Wrong Alice

Post by The Wrong Alice » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:03 pm

Peace I have more of than most, and for that I am grateful. Health I have more of than some, but less than most, but it means more that I am able to cope and nothing slows me down. Enlightenment I have sought all my life, and I found a little. Learning will never stop, and if it does, I will consider it a failure as a human being.

A loving mate or two I have. Children I have none, yet anyway. If ever, they'll be adopted. Cannot have my own.

Alice

The Wrong Alice

Post by The Wrong Alice » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:54 pm

This is the only place I feel I can post this without sounding like I'm advertising, which is not what I mean to do; it's just a topic relevant thing that I'm doing.

I am posting my personal herbal, unedited, on my website. I am adding to it progressively, and as I learn more and have more to add. Unfortunately, it's in several hand written parts, so building the online version is a long process.

Here is the LINK

Alice

cowfodder
Site Admin

Post by cowfodder » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:44 am

Typically we only allow posts linking to stores in the Vendors forum. However, I will let this one stand for now, as the site seems to be mostly focused on the newsletter and the blog.
http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=15108
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin