"Bulking Up" - Muscle Gain

General Chit-Chat and New Member hellos.
nepalnt21

Re: "Bulking Up" - Muscle Gain -

Post by nepalnt21 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:16 pm

well the internet rumors say that "horny goat weed" stimulates testosterone. raising your levels of testosterone will help you improve in the gym, as well as make you into a sex-craving, homicidal maniac (which the ladies LOVE)!

and really, i think just getting into a good healthy exercise routine that includes weight training, cardio, stretching, and rest should help you get in the groove, boost your teste levels, and make you overall a happier and healthier person (hey all of this talk of being healthy almost motivates me to get off my fat ass!)

SleepyTime

Post by SleepyTime » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:46 pm

Dioxippus wrote::lol:

I take Gingko Biloba, Ashwagandha, Ginseng, Yerba Mate, and Milk Thistle on a daily or semi-daily basis. This regimen of herbs has really improved my strength training. I have some Tribulus terrestris and Yohimbe, but don't use those as often. They make me insanely horny :lol:

I take Yerba mate but just as a tea drink. I just bought some gingko biloba but want to take it maybe 2-3 times a week rather than daily. Or maybe 1 week through out the month. I don't want to get my body conditioned to a certain supplement.

I hear milk thistle is really good for the liver.

witchammer

Post by witchammer » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:44 pm

oahspe

Post by oahspe » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:50 pm

Milk Thistle has phyto-estrogens in it.
Hormonal Effects

The University of Maryland Medical Center warns that milk thistle can cause changes in human hormone levels. The center advises women with a history of hormone-sensitive cancers to avoid the herb; milk thistle may also cause alterations in pregnancy and fertility. The Mayo Clinic additionally notes that milk thistle has been linked to sexual problems and impotence in men.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/11...#ixzz1PSUnIcAU

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:13 am

why can't you just work out without this crazy diet crap?

jbmac

Post by jbmac » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:31 am

Milk thistle seems to have no negatives for me, one in the AM, a second one after drinking a moderate amount of dangerous rum. (Danger mitigated with eduction and moderation and balance - things not covered by the oligarchy.
Last edited by jbmac on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

witchammer

Post by witchammer » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:30 am

yea I get it now with picrohiza added and take a turmeric extract once a day. I also try to keep shitake mushrooms in the house boiled into a tea.

TheNomad

Post by TheNomad » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:20 pm

Protein can be very toxic if taken too much at once, or when your body is not drawing it up.

There are two good consumer reports articles online on this issue.

I take some hemp protein sometimes, with food.

Whey protein according to consumer reports has high levels of heavy metals found in all samples. Also, they say the male body can only draw up 5 grams per hour. And since the material is a powder, I would guess the body would pull it up very fast. So if you do take protein, I would target taking less than 5g per hour. Or it's really best to increase protein in your diet, naturally. I like the suggestion about grass fed beef - I've been trying to reduce red meats in my diet and only have more natural foods in my diet.

I would also say, having a high fiber diet will help your body to work more efficiently, as it can really pull up many more nutrients if your digestive tract is clean and ready to absorb.

I avoid Soy Protein, because this also has phyto estrogens, which I get enough of from hoppy beer =)

References

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/m...view/index.htm

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/m...rink/index.htm

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/ne...healthy-metals

witchammer

Post by witchammer » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:05 pm

nice info---I think it was you who started me puting hemp seeds into my cereal

TheNomad

Post by TheNomad » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:09 pm

I now use Chia seeds, ground.

They have a better ratio of Omega Fatty Acids, 3's to 6's.

They also have a lot fiber.