EDOT INK: show us yer tattoos

General Chit-Chat and New Member hellos.
zubsza

Re: EDOT INK: show us yer tattoos -

Post by zubsza » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:02 pm

right on, just checking... My uncle was a tattoo artist. He just died recently, and I've been trying to touch bases with as many people as I can that knew him. Just collecting stories I guess...

Plus my family only has one or two peices of art done by him...most of his flash and shit like that was stolen by his staff when he went to the hospital...a lot of interesting tattoo artifacts as well. I don't hold any grudges but I would like to get some of it back...the art mostly...its probably worth money though so I doubt I'll ever see any of it again. A shame. I would have liked to share it with my children some day. Hopefully some day I'll be able to get a bit of it back...

Started an aprenticeship with him...school interupted...never got to finish.
Last edited by zubsza on Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jux

Post by jux » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:47 pm

Burning_Copal wrote:
I see no issue with self done tattoos honestly, just as I see no issue with transgender people who choose to transition, or people who may choose to pierce themselves many times over, or otherwise modify their body to their liking, its their tissue to do with as they please. I'm sorry to hear that what someone else does with their own body angers you, but again it has nothing to do with them. Or in this case , with myself.
first off...i obviously have no problem with body modification. what i have a problem with is people endangering themselves and/or others by preforming what basically amounts to medical procedures without any type of training.

your analogy is flawed. i have no problem with people undergoing gender transition...but i would not (under any circumstances) stand by and keep silent if i knew they were preforming the procedure on themselves or a friend.

it is my moral obligation to speak up in these situations... and even more so if i think others might be encouraged to copy that same behavior.

that fact that you dont grasp the seriousness of the situation further shows what little understanding you have about tattooing.
Burning_Copal wrote: Yes perhaps there may be ill views of self tatooing or non professional ones rather, but again thats peoples perceptions.
hep c and staph infections are not simply a matter of perception. the local nurses will tell you that....the ones in our town have had plenty of visits lately from people with the same mentality as you.

besides infections, i see people all the time with grotesque masses of scar tissue caused by the local scab vendor. thats not perception. thats real life.

sadly, this is only one facet of the harm that is done by these people. (unfortunately their actions impact everyone involved with tattooing.) if necessary, i can get in to the social effect they have and how it effects not only the industry currently, but also the future of the art form.
Burning_Copal wrote: but which does more harm in the long run, such hatred, or a few perhaps not ' so neat ' stitches on someone elses body, that they did with good intent ?
what does the most harm is people without the slightest bit of respect for the art going around mutilating themselves and others... all the while expecting a pat on the back.

you know what? i paid my dues to get where i am. i had an old school apprenticeship where i had to earn the right to even touch the machine. i went through 2 of the toughest years of my life to get the chance to tattoo for a living (and i wouldnt trade those years back for anything in the world.)

tattooing isnt a fucking hobby you do to keep yourself busy on the weekends. it is an art. it one of the oldest art forms known to man and has more depth to it than you can even imagine. and those who dont have respect for it (and for the people who paved the way) have no buisiness picking up a machine.
Last edited by jux on Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: additions....

Frank Blank

Post by Frank Blank » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:57 pm

I don't have any tattoos personally, but all my pets do:

jux

Post by jux » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:58 pm

zubsza wrote:right on, just checking... My uncle was a tattoo artist. He just died recently, and I've been trying to touch bases with as many people as I can that knew him. Just collecting stories I guess...

Plus my family only has one or two peices of art done by him...most of his flash and shit like that was stolen by his staff when he went to the hospital...a lot of interesting tattoo artifacts as well. I don't hold any grudges but I would like to get some of it back...the art mostly...its probably worth money though so I doubt I'll ever see any of it again. A shame. I would have liked to share it with my children some day. Hopefully some day I'll be able to get a bit of it back...

Started an aprenticeship with him...school interupted...never got to finish.
sorry to hear about your uncle, man.

was it flash he drew? if so, it should have his name on it....if you pm me with his name i will keep an eye out for it.

if it was commercial flash (stuff he bought) it is unlikely that you will be able to recover it.

zubsza

Post by zubsza » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:16 pm

Sent you a PM...you may know of him already...or maybe not...any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

jux

Post by jux » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:02 pm

i was just reading a bit about him...he sounds like an amazing man.

i will definately keep my eye out!!

zubsza

Post by zubsza » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:27 am

Thanks man it would mean a lot to me to get some of it back.

The_hemp_King

Post by The_hemp_King » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm

I have the date 7-26 on my left ankle. Image I got It because 7-26 is my nephews birthday

The_hemp_King

Post by The_hemp_King » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:29 pm

I am thinking about getting this on my back.

DrIraZ_Jr

Re: EDOT INK: show us yer tattoos

Post by DrIraZ_Jr » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:24 pm

My avatar...In loving memory of DrIraZ