EDOT INK: show us yer tattoos

General Chit-Chat and New Member hellos.
scyhop:per

Re: EDOT INK: show us yer tattoos -

Post by scyhop:per » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:34 pm

zubsza wrote:

So now this girl has "Cum inside" tattoed on her stomach in Hawaiian.
:eek: :disappointed: :lol:

jux

Post by jux » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:44 am

Burning_Copal wrote:
I'll just use india ink next time.

India ink is the way to go.

i really hate comments like this. please....do yourself a favor and get it done by a real tattoo artist. if you are looking for it to be done in the traditional way, there are plenty of artists that specialize in that also.

please people...dont tattoo yourself or others.....

every other day someone comes into the shop and shows me some scarred up "tattoo" that his buddy did for $20 out of his basement (and of course they want me to fix it up for $20)

it seems every day a new scratcher with no training or any clue about proper sterilization procedures (much less any respect for the industry) pops up in my town and mutilates himself and all his freinds...

these people are why, up until last year, it wasn't legal to tattoo in all 50 states (oklahoma was the last state to legalize it.) with the industry on such an upswing, it has gained the attention of the politicians...it doesnt need the negative attention these people bring it.

unfortunately, with the increasing popularity of tattooing, i think the problem is only going to get worse.:|
Last edited by jux on Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

oahspe

Post by oahspe » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:47 am

I knew a girl who had a home made smiley face tattooed on her butt...

omu_negru

Post by omu_negru » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:50 am

Hey there...here is my back around 7 months ago...i made some "improovements in the meanwhile :P
Attachments
att1557-Image111.jpg
att1557-Image111.jpg (103.52 KiB) Viewed 3095 times

vestyjr

Post by vestyjr » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:12 pm

I want to get this tattooed on my back -

Except, without the circular pattern at the top. The top of the tornado would end at the bottom of my neck.

vestyjr

Post by vestyjr » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:13 pm

By the way, Jux, I think I found you on a website somewhere? A tattoo shop in the US...?

Burning_Copal
Location: a finite mortal body somewhere in PNW. How about you ?

Post by Burning_Copal » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:55 pm

Jux, that you " hate comments like this " in regards to my comments about what I did to my own body, with my own hands, has nothing to do with me. I am content with what I did, I just would have done it differently the next time around.

I see no issue with self done tattoos honestly, just as I see no issue with transgender people who choose to transition, or people who may choose to pierce themselves many times over, or otherwise modify their body to their liking, its their tissue to do with as they please. I'm sorry to hear that what someone else does with their own body angers you, but again it has nothing to do with them. Or in this case , with myself.

I guess such comments might be angering to people who have a " stake " in such a industry, that is tattoo artists. But its still anger about something that you really have no say in . Yes perhaps there may be ill views of self tatooing or non professional ones rather, but again thats peoples perceptions.

It may be that people would prefer to do such things themselves, for reasons that others may not appreciate. For the record, I did not get blood poisoning, and I did not have issues with the tattoo. other then the ink being dull and not what I would prefer to use should I touch it up again.

I dont see self tattooing as a problem, if it is done on oneself with atleast some understanding of the risks, and the fact that it can get infected if one is not careful, and of course that its not going to be the same as what is done with a needlegun. So I dont see a problem " geting worse "

Now if I did this on someone else, maybe that is a issue. But that was not what I did, nor what I have ever done, nor will I do.

Frankly I've walked into a few tattoo parlors, and I have had professional tattoos done, I'll give one of the reasons as I see it why someone may choose to tattoo themselves, outside of a shop.

Its their energy, their intent, going through the tools, into their own skin, they are responsible for the outcome, and are fully in control of how that turns out. Both in a physical and emotional sense. The first tattoo parlor I was in , in canada, was the only one I've ever been in that did not have a heavy air in it. Not that I am judging tattoo artists as a whole, but like many artists, there often ( though not always ) is a air of ego on the part of the artists, and for this I did not want that .

That , and frankly, many tattoo parlors have their walls lined with ( what, again in my own personal opinon , are grotesque designs ) that is again my own opinon, but I do not like the atmopshere of most tattoo parlors. There are alot of people that flow through them, and in not all cases, do these people have the most posative intent, neither do all of the artists.

And for thoes who have had tattoos done, the experience does alter preception to some degree, due to the effect the trauma on the body has on the mind. And I'd rather do that in a place free from flash of skulls and demons and other things I may not perticuarly care to be surrounded by while having wounds opened on my body.

So if you want to hate comments like I made, or disaprove of what I did thats your buisness, but which does more harm in the long run, such hatred, or a few perhaps not ' so neat ' stitches on someone elses body, that they did with good intent ?

zubsza

Post by zubsza » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:28 pm

Jux, if you don't mind me asking are you from the bay area?

jux

Post by jux » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:52 pm

vestyjr wrote:By the way, Jux, I think I found you on a website somewhere? A tattoo shop in the US...?
yep. my work is all over the internet, so its possible you have stumbled across it.
Last edited by jux on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jux

Post by jux » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:54 pm

zubsza wrote:Jux, if you don't mind me asking are you from the bay area?
nope, im from the east coast originally
Last edited by jux on Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed current location