EDOT INK: show us yer tattoos

General Chit-Chat and New Member hellos.
catfish

Re: EDOT INK: show us yer tattoos -

Post by catfish » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:25 pm

i heard jade dragon is a good place to get inked
my coloring was done at
Kaotic Creationz
here in aurora
;)
trade for what you want at the Botanical Swap Project: http://forums.botanicalswap.org/
and build your tradelist at our estore: http://shop.botanicalswap.org
specializing in high quality and low prices!

Ferdinand

Post by Ferdinand » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:36 pm

Theres an awesome place in STL, in the loop called IronAge. Used to live a lot closer to it, now I'm like 3 hours from it. That's probably where I'll be going.
ferd - if you want to go monochrome, maybe you should just DIY prison style.
In my Ancient Civilization's class we watched a video about the Iceman found near the Italian border. On his body he had several tattoos, made with a sharpened wooden handle and I forgot what the ink was. Anyway it was speculated that he had smoked some opium prior to someone making a tattoo on his back(the tattoo was for some medical purposes). Also used some fungus that was growing near a birch tree, possibly as a laxative or antibiotic.

The moral of the story, if you smoke opium your friends will lodge a sharp piece of wood into your back and give you tattoos.

Arne

Post by Arne » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:10 am

If and I say if, it's true that putting a symbol or a word representing a thought onto a glass of water, can somehow change the structure of the water, then it would also be true that putting a symbol or word on you would alter you.
Just another strang idea.

omaum47

Post by omaum47 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:26 am

My 'tat' is a work in progress.

Actually it is a compilation of seven different tatoos at different times. Much symbolism of my lifes experience and history. Still have more to go.

catfish

Post by catfish » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:11 pm

col
i see an OM, star of David, ankh, cross, and yin yang
youve certainly covered quite a few bases there
nice work
keep us updated
;)
trade for what you want at the Botanical Swap Project: http://forums.botanicalswap.org/
and build your tradelist at our estore: http://shop.botanicalswap.org
specializing in high quality and low prices!

mitragyna

Post by mitragyna » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:54 am

Ferdinand wrote:Image

I plan on getting this on the lateral side of my deltoid. Just haven't found a local place that makes me feel confident about their work. I might just wait until Christmas break when I go home because theres this really really good tattoo shop downtown.
LOL:rotfl:

hekura

Post by hekura » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:41 am

When I was studying art I went to a lot of 'life drawing' classes. If you don't know what those are: the models model nude. I saw a lot of tattoos. There was a beautiful redhead who had a chinese character tattoed on her calf (really big). When I asked her what it meant she said it mean the year of the lion. My Chinese classmate, however, informed me that it really meant the year of the jackass. So...be careful about having chinese characters marking up your skin.

zubsza

Post by zubsza » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:34 pm

So...be careful about having chinese characters marking up your skin.
Yeah, if you are getting something in another language make absolutely sure you know what it says before they put it in your skin.

There is a girl out here (white) that wanted to get something in Hawaiian tattooed on her stomach. Her friend (Hawaiian) made a suggestion. Without even asking what it meant the girl went to get the tattoo done. When it was finished she called up her Hawaiian friend to tell her she had done it...what she didn't know is that her Hawaiian friend had been jokeing about what she told her to have tattooed.

So now this girl has "Cum inside" tattoed on her stomach in Hawaiian.

Burning_Copal
Location: a finite mortal body somewhere in PNW. How about you ?

Post by Burning_Copal » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:12 pm

I've been meaning to finish up the tattoo I did myself years ago, unfortunatly my ink recipe was rather poor.

I'll just use india ink next time.

Its about a 2.25" circular geometric design above my knee, either a abstract representation of a toloache flower, or a peyotl crown. It was intended as the former, but over the years I've realised it much resembles the latter ( go figure ) Was done with traditional tools ( and no opium ) Hammered copper lances sanded / filed to razor sharp, single set, double set, and tripple set, laid into wooden handles, the mallet I used was a dried out sunflower stalk , which is heavy enough to puncture , but not heavy enough to severely imbed the needles.

The ink was made with charcoal and turned out exceptionaly poor.

India ink is the way to go.

Yay for the time of my life that natural endorphines sufficed to do that for several hours. Traditional tattooing is slow going.

zubsza

Post by zubsza » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:38 pm

I'll just use india ink next time.
Tattoo ink is pretty cheap...probably about the same price as india ink...unless your going for that tribal kine vibe.

PM me if you need a source.