Hello from opiophile, AKA "jacky"

General Chit-Chat and New Member hellos.
opiophile

Hello from opiophile, AKA "jacky"

Post by opiophile » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:28 pm

Hey All.....

some of you might remember me from my old edot user handle, "jacky".....
I USED to own a website called opiophile.org, and also helped start phytoextractum.com, although I am no longer affiliated with that company other than sometimes shipping product to them.
anyway, I am not here to advertise any website, but rather rejoin the community after a period of lapsed membership.

over a year ago I lost my password somehow, and was unable to rejoin the website for one reason or another.

I noticed a few months ago that the website had gone offline,
and finally found a link at bluelight that allowed me to track it down.

glad to see some form of the website is back up and running.

I am in no financial position to donate funds at the current time, but I do have many plant materials that could be donated to help out the website.

thanks!
-opiophile

minderbinder

Re: Hello from opiophile, AKA "jacky"

Post by minderbinder » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:37 pm

hey jacky - great you're back :)

You said you USED to own - is it someone else's now?
i was over on opiophile for a few months, but it made me too much mouthwatering and i ended up searching maniacly through threads for hints on unknown opioidergic acting substances and plants :)

still out for a combo of plants that might resemble the parts of o. that i liked best, but much more relaxed again now :)
Bhagwan told me not to worry. If i do it'll make me sorry. Alright.

BiffCo1138

Post by BiffCo1138 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:18 pm

Howdy Jacky/Opiophile! Glad to see your here!
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. -Robert A. Heinlein

teeko

Post by teeko » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:33 am

Hey man, glad to see you here, give me a call sometime soon(text first!).
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

BiffCo1138

Post by BiffCo1138 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:21 pm

I've been going through all of your old posts at opiophile forums. Very good reading!
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. -Robert A. Heinlein

GK77

Post by GK77 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:54 am

Glad to see you here, I remember having a few convo's with you over at Edot. Taught me much Jacky, thanks a lot.
"I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
-AE

http://forums.botanicalswap.org/index.php?topic=1808.0

lost

Post by lost » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:13 pm

Great to see you here. Your knowldge of the Lotus has led me to wonderful things.

opiophile

Post by opiophile » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:49 pm

hey thanks for the comments guys/gals, sorry for the delay.

glad to see the website is still running, and now apparently backed up with some "original" content.

life is good, I have quit taking poppy pods/opiates for the last 6 months for the first time in years, which has been refreshing, although I still continue moderate kratom consumption.
this leaves me open to researching little known opioidergic compounds in nature, without having a huge tolerance to work with.
I am working on slowly working kratom into an occasional and not daily regimine.

thanks for the words!

-opio/jacky

minderbinder

Post by minderbinder » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:19 am

i wish you good luck with the kratom reduction, even if the main part is already done! i wonder, but not sure, if kratom might be worse to kick than tramadol which swim found the easiest-to-kick opioide? i have a connection between kratom and tramadol in my mind, but am not sure where from ...
Bhagwan told me not to worry. If i do it'll make me sorry. Alright.

opiophile

Post by opiophile » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:53 pm

thanks for the support!
I think kratom MIGHT be a bit more problematic than tramadol to kick,
as for me, kratom is a higher maintenance substance, meaning that I need to dose more frequently than with tramadol. for me, the longer lasting, the easier it is for me to ween, or, at least quicker.

tramadol has that mixed receptor effect, increasing dopaminergic/serotonergic activity, at least with some people I think, that to me, is the main support of tramadol using for detox/replacement, AND also when weening down tramadol itself.

yeah, I had the same experiencve minderbinder, tramadol has been the easiest opioid substance for me to kick. I didnt need anything but herbal and dietary supplements to help me get off of tramadol.

I can see how tramadol and kratom are comparable in ways too. I havnt seen any actual data that suggests this, just personal experience, and I have heard other people compare the two as well.

I think kratom has a fairly extensively varied list of compounds with possible bioactive potential, and I also think there is probably some non alkaloidal component that is lending to a synergy of potency between opioid agonist/antagonist and mixed opioid receptor activity, as isolated alkaloids and even most so called "full"spectrum" extracts.
my thought is,
is this just a full spectrum ALKALOIDAL mixture?
or, is this a kratom full spectrum extraction that removes only water content and woody fibers?

with all the alkaloids listed potentially in kratom, and little evidence/data being supported/provided by vendors, I would doubt that most full spectrum isolations have ALL the alkaloidal components.