What beer are you drinking right now?

This is the place to discuss wine, mead, beer, spirits, concoctions, techniques, additives, etc.
hekura

Re: What beer are you drinking right now? -

Post by hekura » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:46 pm

I know that there are many beer snobs here and they will be shocked to learn that I only trust Bud Light as the beer I drink regularly. Why? Because, I get a great buzz from it, I don't gain extra weight, and I feel fine the next day. Yes, and the taste is alright.

Sure, I add a better beer in the mix sometimes too. Like Shiner Bock. I think all their varieties taste good. Another one is the Blue Moon Spring/ Summer beer. It has a slight orange and lemon taste.

Delicious. But, if I get drunk on them, they make me fat and hungover. I don't want to look or feel that way, so I go back to the Bud Light everytime.
Last edited by hekura on Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: grammar

kill_blind

Post by kill_blind » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:58 pm

I'm going to start making my own beers with botanical spices entheo-beers like alot of people here have done. but I would like to know what plants have bad reactions with alchohol.
was thinkng of making a honokiol beer, mabey a henbane beer, PS wine,and the guys upstairs make a decent mead I was thinking about putting something extra-special in it like catus essence but that is a lot of work because I might have to make it into an HCL salt or something and it might be absolutely disgusting at that, mabey the bitterness would go better with a lager.

linnete

Post by linnete » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:49 pm

I am drinking Czechvar! This were given to me by my friend last week and it taste like heaven to me;very sweet..

witchammer

Post by witchammer » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:38 pm

Anyone try beer with watermelon added to it. People in my town can't stop talking about it.

gumbo

Re: What beer are you drinking right now?

Post by gumbo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:32 pm

I am drinking Wernesgruner, a German beer available at Aldi's for under six bucks a six pack. Amazing. Not bad for such a cheap beer.

By the way, I used to be 'woodman' on the old edot forum. I was amazed to find this place after all these years. any one still about?

cowfodder
Site Admin

Post by cowfodder » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:49 am

Bunch of us still kicking about. Welcome back!

Currently I'm drinking Founders Imperial and what's left of New Holland's Jaw Jacker. Also have a cherry vanilla cyser that I need to bottle that should be pretty good.
http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=15108
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

Dr Zzz

Post by Dr Zzz » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:51 pm

Those days ? Mostly Leffe and Grimbergen. In bars the cheapest stuff is usually Kronenbourg, that's what I take. Sometimes it's Blonde d'Occitanie, but it's even worse.

Oaxaca2

Post by Oaxaca2 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:35 am

Hey guys, haven't posted here for nearly 5 years when this place was edot!! I was known as just plain old 'oaxaca' back then. Anyway, great to be back, I'd really like to rekindle my interest in entheogens, i think the time is right! Anyway as to this beer question... Not drinking anything this minute but plan to buy a few ales for tonight; Grimbergen is always good. My local (UK) supermarket has started selling some US ales from Point Brewing and a few other microbreweries so might give them a try too. Tesco's have also started selling Lion Stout from Sri Lanka; a truly amazing stout (blows Guiness, Dragon stout etc out of the water!).

(1.1.2.3.5...)^inf

Post by (1.1.2.3.5...)^inf » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:12 pm

I'll be looking out for that tesco stout oaxaca. There seems an improving selection of rich stouts at the supermarket. Asda ( walmart in england) have a few 'local' breweries on the shelves.

Not that I need to buy any ale for a while as Ive just got 40pints of St Peters Organic Ruby ready from one of those reliable premium kits (£15 for 40!) The premium kits seem really reliable when Ive done the second ferment in 2l lemonade bottles at 1 tablespoon fructose per bottle. They keep well for several months in the garage this time of year.

Its a good job the beer keeps well since reading about swim's renewed interest in salvia and spice in recent weeks has left me less interested in the beer. I was drinking a couple of pints a night a few months ago but have only fancied half a pint a week for the last few weeks. Its christmas soon so there's plenty of chance to share it round.

Oaxaca2

Post by Oaxaca2 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:45 am

Hey 11235,

If I could ever get my arse into gear I would love to do some homebrewing and that St. Peter's kit sounds like the perfect intro. I'm a big fan of their Cream Stout, Old-Style Porter, Honey Porter, and their Suffolk Smokey peated beer. I'd like to think I know some stuff about beer (ale, mainly), I even had a beer review blog back in the day :p, and I would say those 4 beers are all world-class; I don't think I've ever had any better examples of those styles of ale... OK maybe Fuller's London Porter IS a better porter :p

Just for your info I've only seen Lion Stout in the massive Tesco Extra stores (in the Caribbean Foods section) . I also tried a Stallion Milk Stout from Barbados from Tesco Extra the other week which was nice (again, better than D&G's Jamaican Dragon Stout) but no where near the quality of the Lion Stout. I've always wondered why these exotic island nations love their stouts so much. I wonder if its a hangover from the days of the British Empire?

I hear what your saying.. Some weeks I'll have a few beers a night, other weeks its wine and no beer, other times its plenty of herbal tea/entheogens and stuff and very little alcohol at all, it seems to go in phases with me. I haven't tried the old Sally Divinorum in years, in fact I haven't smoked anything in years. Seem to prefer imbibing substances these days. Although did go through a phase of using snuff a while back; I used to really enjoy the intense concentration the nicotine hit would give me, especially combined with black coffee, but eventually stopped as was worried about the health risks (naso-pharyngeal & pancreatic cancer risk!). I try not to read about the health effects of alcohol, a man needs his poison of choice - and I like to think I'm doing myself at least some good when I drink red wine :D