Curious German Spirit

This is the place to discuss wine, mead, beer, spirits, concoctions, techniques, additives, etc.
EROCx1

Re: Curious German Spirit -

Post by EROCx1 » Wed May 23, 2007 2:31 pm

Sorry BC I don't remember the name of the Polish made Honey Sage liquor. Its a kinda long name with letters that were hard to identify. It was shaped like a bottle of Patron and had a round wooden stopper on top. Yellow/Goldish label. Next time I am at that store I will see if I can spot another bottle.

Lemmiwinks

Post by Lemmiwinks » Wed May 23, 2007 3:06 pm

Eroc, you can get all this shit at Lee's here in town, eventhough I hate that place because of who runs it....they do have an awesome selection of beers, wines and liquors from all around the world...

EROCx1

Post by EROCx1 » Wed May 23, 2007 3:43 pm

Lemmiwinks wrote:Eroc, you can get all this shit at Lee's here in town.
Yeah thats where I got it. $50 a bottle is the bummer.

Lemmiwinks

Post by Lemmiwinks » Wed May 23, 2007 3:59 pm

Mr. Lee is a cheap bastard! I used to work for that prick, usually I avoid his places like the plague- but every once in awhile, I crave something I can only get there....it sucks because he has the market cornered and his "discount" prices are not so discounted, as you know....
they have a fine section of beers and spirits though- I'll give them that....

zubsza

Post by zubsza » Wed May 23, 2007 5:56 pm

$50 a bottle is the bummer.
Damn...thats even more expensive than a bottle of that shit out here...$34 is the most I've seen at here...that guy has quite the mark up!

EROCx1

Post by EROCx1 » Wed May 23, 2007 10:49 pm

Yeah, he sorta has a monopoly. There is only one other store like his chain & they don't have much variety.

Lemmiwinks

Post by Lemmiwinks » Thu May 24, 2007 12:15 am

Yes, the lees should be stopped...they smother every other similar establishment out of existence and they treat their customers and employees like shit, yet everyone still has to shop there because no one else has that much variety....its hard to fit 10,000 different wines under one roof and only they do it....not to mention the beer and liqours from every country that exports them....

Foxglove

Post by Foxglove » Sat May 26, 2007 1:12 pm

oaxaca wrote:Just wondering if youve got round to trying out the Chartreuse or D.O.M. Benedictine yet foxglove? are the herbal flavours noticeable or is the alcohol a bit too strong? I sometimes wish these drinks were made without the high % so that I could get away with drinking them more often :p

Ive been doing a lot of reading up on these two liqueurs, thanks for bringing them to peoples' attention!
Hey Oaxaca...
yes, I have sampled both of these and of the two I much prefer the D.O.M.
I am searching for the perfect mixer for the Chartreuse as it has a VERY stong alcohol and herbal flavor. Very green flavor...hence the name!! I am thinking of adding it to iced tea or lemonade but havent tried that yet...I just cant hack it straight up!
The Benedictine, however...very nice and warm...smooth. Spicey. I love the stuff! I can handle it straigh up. High octane though...requires moderation and respect. These are both 'special occation' liqueurs...not something I would indulge in for a casual fling.
The high alcohol content is required to soak up all the goodies form those nice herbs...learn to mix for the sake of ecomony and a bottle can last a very long time.

Ferdinand

Post by Ferdinand » Tue May 29, 2007 7:48 pm

I wish we could be so vigillant with our entheogens.
It would be cool to see an herb shop with so much work into their products.

Interesting stuff here.

Foxglove

Post by Foxglove » Wed May 30, 2007 11:59 am

Ferdinand wrote:It would be cool to see an herb shop with so much work into their products.

Interesting stuff here.
It would be cool, wouldnt it?

There are a few places here & there that are from the old school (okay...the ANCIENT school!) of not turning secrets into flashy, splashy commerce - but sadly, not many.

Primarily -
Monks & Witches...

What an odd coupling!

Suddenly everyone is a Shaman...and its a shame...man.

Luckily, some societies were driven underground early...hard lessons learned. Not so easily persuaded by dollar signs.

How does one keep the sacred separate from exploitation and abuse?

I feel a separate thread on commercial endevors coming on!

Hey EROC...did ya find that AGWA at le chateau?;)