Current State of Entheogen Discussion Boards

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
Nanamakutu

Current State of Entheogen Discussion Boards

Post by Nanamakutu » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:27 am

Hello! It’s great to be back here, I have been getting interested in ethnobotanicals and herbal supplements again after a fairly long hiatus of just sticking to kratom.

It’s great to be back here reading all these info gathered by people here. I miss this atmosphere. I’ve managed to find some other boards where entheogens are discussed as well, but most are either old and fairly dead or not as far reaching as this board was. I love the interesting stuff that is found on here.. was just reading about alpinia zerumbet from a thread Tyler from KT made.

Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone could fill me in about the current state of things. Is there anywhere that people are actively discussing botanicals in the manner we did here? The level of discussion here was something else, it’s a shame activity has died down so much

I was also wondering if the vendor who used to stock a lot of very interesting extracts and posted here is still around? Reading these old threads makes me miss the days you could just go to KT’s website and find all kinds of amazing products. Hope he is doing well

Nanamakutu

Re: Current State of Entheogen Discussion Boards

Post by Nanamakutu » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:32 am

If any of this info would be better sent via PM as well it’d be much appreciated 😄

aqualung42

Re: Current State of Entheogen Discussion Boards

Post by aqualung42 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:21 pm

Yes it appears many of the boards are mostly dead. I think much of is has to do with the changing landscape of the internet. In the old net 1.0 days much of the services were decentralized. Even amazon was only a second rate online bookstore. Now everything has concentrated and centralized, by chance or by design, your guess is as good as mine. In light of that, the bulletin boards of every sort have been drying up, supplanted by mega boards like reddit. Now with a niche interest like entheogens, because of the limited market for interest, they are among the first to go. Even my gun boards are losing traffic. Soon though, all the boards will follow suit, and succumb, and the centralized authorities will be able to steer conversations, and censor facts. Uniformity will set in and the world will become gray and dull.

Now that the depressing stuff is over with. Sharetheseeds is a good forum for botanicaly related stuff. Please keep in mind they are not as comfortable talking about the more spiritual qualities of these plants. They do seem very welcoming and there is much good stuff to be gained/shared.

I do hold out hope that this board will take off again. Sadly there is little new content being created, and mostly necromancers ressurecting 19 year old posts. That said thank you for posting some of the first new content in 3 months.