Blue lotus vape ( e-juice ) hello mordecai

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
kill_blind_elite

Blue lotus vape ( e-juice ) hello mordecai

Post by kill_blind_elite » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:49 pm

So, i went to a vaping forum and they locked my thread for wanting to create a blue lotus (nymphaea caerulea) e-juice. My little brother had warned me that they were clickish after a girl attacked me saying that herbs can be dangerous, and that her reasoning behind this was her herbalist mother going to get advice about herbs with her medication...... "Going to the doctors and the doctor said" lmao...I think we have all seen this one in this community, without going through all the painstaking details that i think we have all been through.. So, you can imagine my frustration once again with people that don't understand plants and haven't studied them for twenty years attacking them because big pharma, the dea, fda and other abc alphabet groups have deals and monopolies that attack anything not labeled under pharmaceuticals.
So here i am again. Go edot!!!
Frustrated that i even have to type out the recipes i have again and find all the information on the other forum.
Well i guess I'm locked out of it 😆..... No access to a post that took me two hours to compile everything and write a huge post with my phone.
So i was looking on youtube the other day and their was a video where they were selling a pre-made blue lotus e-juice and they said what is in their version and i remember the ratios on this for sure....

They were;
Solution Recipe #1:
4% blue lotus ( N. caerulea) resin ,(which is an ethanol extract)
70% vg (vegetable glycerine)
26% pg (propylene glycol)
They warned that with this mix, it could be a little hard on some atomizers and the coils, causing them to gunk up, because the resin ( alcohol extract) makes it a tiny bit too thick for some vaping mods and clogs the coils after a bit of usage on some.

Second mix: by a guy on that forum (whos thread they also locked) i thought it was because nobody had posted for years on his post, but apparently not. He had tinkered around with a few solutions and got too many people into making an "herbal" e-liquid. he found this one the best, excuse me if i can't find the exact recipes cause now i don't have access to his either. I guess they didn't want anyone seeing his post anymore either because i explained that's why i joined their forum, or maybe they locked just me out. I have no way of telling until my little brother goes and checks it out for me.
He used another alcohol extraction using 40% abv (80 proof) grain alcohol, i would always use everclear myself, unless i wanted to completely evaporate the ethanol because it's toxicity. everclear isn't toxic and you could technically use it in the final product without evaporation if you use high enough levels of the other parts (pg and vg). He used a type of low abv vodka i think. His second recipe made him throw away the first one, "he said", because it was just so much more potent and euphoric. That being said, i think we'll only concern ourselves with his second finding and work with that and my ideas and setbacks.
All of us here know that we all have differing tolerances compared to others and specially with things like N. Caerulea, what one man says is something to be beheld, is another mans let down at times.
I think everyone here knows how to make a tincture, if not just ask and I'll explain it for those who don't.

So.... Solution Recipe #2:
65% bl solution of 40% abv tincture
30% pg (could have been 25%
5% brandy cherry flavoring (could have been 10%)
"Note" on the above recipes variables: i am sure it was one or the other. I could have sworn it was 30% on the pg though. I could be wrong. Either way it's not going to harm anyone as the flavoring is usually pg flavored by most vendors i believe and vg is used in ones that are supposed to be sweeter, but causes more "gunk build up on coils" (causing more strain on atomizers I believe. The source for what i read will be at the bottom of this post.

That recipe above may not be super may not be super accurate on the pg and flavoring now because i cannot even look at the thread i was on there at ecf.
My ideas previously before i heard that some of the vaping solutuons that they used to make with the "Semi Unmentionable Herb" not sure if that's even a rule here anymore 😜 (I haven't been on in a while), where A TYPE of oil (can't remember off the top of my head) was supposedly putting people in the hospital because it was carrying water into peoples lungs by attaching water molecules to the oil and therefore was making people sick. Keeping that in mind, i am not sure of the aforementioned effects of bl essential oil on the lungs long term and the mass amounts of propaganda being spread by media right now. That would need some backing up and peer reviewed studies. I was going to add the essential oil (if the one i ordered is the real deal...."We Will See". Real N. Caerulea is almost always an absolute oil, because they cannot pull most of the alkaloidal content out of the plant by pure distillation alone.
But i ordered some 200:1 ac extract of N. Caerulea as well as some actual dried lotus from a high quality vendor (i think) i can't remember if that's one of the things i took off of the cart.

So ...recipe Idea #1:

8% 200:1
70% vg (as it's thinner than pg) to compensate for the buildup on some atomizers.
21% pg (for smoke/vapor content)
1% bl essential oil
All adjusted as needed

Recipe idea #2:
Tincture based (as previously stated using everclear " or highest grain abv content that you can find") after extraction , taking whole volume of tincture (ethanol extraction) and reducing to half of content by means of double bath..... (( I will explain this to anyone who doesn't know how to do this on here if needed)) then adding 1x volume of distilled water.

65% aqueous/alcohol solution reduced to 80%abv
34% pg (for thickening due to alcohol in tincture)
1% bl essential oil.

The essential oil can be edited out of the mixture and compensated for by aforementioned pg or vg.

As far as i know the vg solution is thinner and pg thicker producing more smoke/vapor to carry flavor and "feel" and "THROAT HIT" , making for better flavored e-liquids. The alcohol is safe at the levels that he used and i don't know the ignition point % of high abv if used in those ratios with everclear without diluting the tincture or high grain abv content. I know that the alcohol burns off faster and distills (evaporates) at lower temps, pg and vg are both water based, so it has to be mixed with pg or vg. Propylene glycol is just thicker so it makes more sense to use in conjunction with alcoholic tinctures.

Let me know, if any of you have any ideas, or have any previous tests done with, or have any experience with blue lotus e-juices, or or 😆 if anyone here has any knowledge concerning vaping or mixing e-juices. It would mean a hell of a lot to me if i could get some help with this. I know years ago, there was a thread around here that had to do with some edoters cats and swims testing
Out vaporization of N. Caerulea, years ago before vaping was a thing. I remember the thread being over 40 pages long and i will go through it and see if their (our collective) findings have any relevance and if they do i will post and credit it. If you made it over here mortecai after i told you i would repost it here, then welcome to our new member mortecai. Who suggested a certain dmt related forum he is on, that we all know about.

Suggested source for differences and uses of pg and vg for making e-liquid if your interested in this information;

https://www.misthub.com/blogs/vape-tuto ... vg-e-juice

Thanks to all my brothers and sister edoters in advance.

cowfodder
Site Admin

Re: Blue lotus vape ( e-juice ) hello mordecai

Post by cowfodder » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:55 am

Spambot went a little nuts and put this one in the moderation queue for some reason.
http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=15108
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

kill_blind_elite

Post by kill_blind_elite » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:09 pm

Ohh ok lol, was trying to figure out why it didn't post.
So i tried making a 70% vg 30% pg solution and then i added in 8% after overall 200:1 extract, which i then added. It worked but it clogged up the coil within about 25-30 drags.
I can make another one with 4% 200:1 now that i have vg and pg.
I get the essential oil tomorrow, so i will spend some time reading posts about whether regular essential oils should never be smoked with pg and vg or not and why.
If i don't find anything super dicey, then i will try adding some eo into the mix. The only reason for bringing the extract down to 4% is that it clogs the coil super easy and i don't want to have to change my coils every hour.
Forwarning! If you don't have a boxmod where you can change your own coils, lile if it comes with screw in coils or whatnot, this juice will just be too thick for your atomizer and coils.

aqualung42

Post by aqualung42 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:02 pm

It's articles like this that almost make me wish I vaped. Excellent write up!

kill_blind_elite

Post by kill_blind_elite » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:59 pm

Ohh thanks!!! I actually was givin' two mods by my little brother, because i wanted to quit smoking... This next month i am going to have to get higher content nic salts so that it actually satisfies the cravings.
Ofcourse though, years of being into botany and ethnobotany, first thing that pops up in my mind is what about herbals/ethnobotanicals???
Low and behold they are selling them at different vendors, but the vaping community for some reason looks down on plants because people fear what they don't understand.
I have the last of my bl 200:1 to make a small sample of at a 4% ratio which i am just assuming is going to be too thick for the coils anyways, no matter how it's done really. In order to do this kind of vaping that gunks up coils really quick, you pretty much have to build your own coils for a mod that has changeable coils (like a drip atomizer).
I will print up the details on the 4% as soon as i make it and test it out. You guys let me know that your interested in this and I'll get some actual blue lotus next month and do a pull with everclear, then write up the recipe.

aqualung42

Post by aqualung42 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:05 am

good deal. Thank you.