Monkshood (Aconitum Napellus)

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
freeman stephen
Location: A small independent microstate landlocked by Scotland, just outside Glasgow

Monkshood (Aconitum Napellus)

Post by freeman stephen » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:20 am

I managed to find an entheogen but its not one many people know about because its not one of the nightshades. Monkshood is in the same category as wolfsbane and possibly one of the most poisonous plants in britain - Dont try this at home.

Ive picked the plant and handled it yesterday - no effects - supposedly you can be poisoned just by touching the plant. I can confirm this is bollocks.

At 9am I took one leaf and broke off one palm (a fifth of the deeply divided leaf). I dried it and smoked it - no effect.

At 11am I used the rest of the leaf to make tea - reusing the same leaf all day in any beverage - no effect.

It is now 4pm and I am consuming that leaf plus three more in a fresh hot cup. Im halfway through and waiting for an hour to see if there are any effects. I will then consume half of whats left or all of it depending how I feel - the leaves will be more stewed then.

My bells is making funny noises but that could just mean the pastas nearly ready!

Ill keep you updated as per previous bittersweet report.

freeman stephen
Location: A small independent microstate landlocked by Scotland, just outside Glasgow

Re: Monkshood (Aconitum Napellus)

Post by freeman stephen » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:58 am

no effects yet.

Just drank half of the half brew described above. Its well stewed but Im not.

freeman stephen

Post by freeman stephen » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:42 am

Still no effects. Finished the cup.

freeman stephen

Post by freeman stephen » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:59 pm

So dosage, four full leaves infused into tea. No effect. I fell asleep but that could jusy have easily been the warmth of the sun combined with meditating.

Nikola

Post by Nikola » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:55 am

Why would you expect any effects? What was worth the risk of poisoning yourself?
Not implying anything, just interested. I'm guessing the plant has an interesting history or something?
"Can you tell the difference between gold and a lump of coal?"

freeman stephen

Post by freeman stephen » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:03 am

You come with preconveived ideas which blind you to the facts already stated if you think I took any risk of poisoning in this instance. I report what I report because I believe it may have values to those behind me but they will not have preconceived ideas if they arrive. I see you have nearly 900 posts yet see no value in entheogenic research. Why are you here on an entheogen forum?

Nikola

Post by Nikola » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:05 am

You have no reason to get defensive, like I wrote in my previous post, I am not implying anything.
Regarding risks, in the first sentence of your first post you wrote "Don't try this at home".

I am simply interested in the motives behind you researching this particular entheogen, are you expecting any benefits, if there is an interesting history behind it etc.

Again, no need to get defensive, the chances of someone provoking you here are close to 0.

freeman stephen

Post by freeman stephen » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:00 pm

If you look carefully, I have not.behaved defensively but you have. I have answered your question but the fact remains now more than ever that your presence on an entheogen forum is a mystery. Take your enqyiries elsewhere than my thread please. I am here to report my studies of a plant, not to be studied by one.

Dr Zzz

Post by Dr Zzz » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:38 pm

I remember being intrigued by aconitum because it appears in salve recipes. I never knew what effects to expect from it and at what dosage. Everybody "knows" about it "toxicity". But what is not toxic at the right dosage ? I know people who can dose amanite phalloides or digitalis pupurea, so I guess anything is possible if you have the knowledge.

I take *homeopathic* aconitum againts congestion and inflammation.

Nikola

Post by Nikola » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:07 pm

With riskier substances in my experience, the best way is to do mini doses during REM cycles at which point even apple cider vinegar is noticeable, not to mention entheogens