Best entheogen to heal the personality?

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
Astral Projectee

Best entheogen to heal the personality?

Post by Astral Projectee » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:06 pm

Hi all I am looking for the best entheogen to help the personality. In other words to help relate to practical matters of life? I thought the best one would be MJ but I want your opinion. Something that you can contemplate life with. To understand deep things. What are your thoughts? Thanks.

Love and light!

Astral Projectee

Re: Best entheogen to heal the personality?

Post by Astral Projectee » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:16 am

On second thought obviously a mixture of different entheogens would be best especially if one has a negative personality. But sativa MJ would be a good part of that mixture.

Love and light!

BiffCo1138

Post by BiffCo1138 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:44 pm

MJ plays a pretty small role in our discussions of entheogens here and is against the rules. Just a friendly heads up. :)

There are too many things to even count that fit your question tho. I recommend spending some time going thru the archives here and learning about the basics such as Blue lily, kava, kratom, amanita, salvia, hbwr's, cacti, etc... that should be a good start anyway. There are so many plants that offer interesting and often introspective experiences that it can be hard to match one to someone without knowing more about them and their situation.

Please share a little about yourself and we'll see if we can't offer up some interesting things for you to look a little deeper into.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. -Robert A. Heinlein

Astral Projectee

Post by Astral Projectee » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:59 pm

I have read a ton of stuff about entheogens and psychedelics, even supplement psychedelics. But I have not tried any yet. Except the one I can't talk about tobacco and beer. I have long since stopped all mind altering substances, but am really interested in the psycho-spiritual aspects of certain entheogens. I have a cactus two dreaming plants growing and a bunch of seeds I haven't planted yet.

Love and light.

Nikola

Post by Nikola » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:36 pm

If you're looking for something to make your everyday stressful life easier, there's tons of stuff. Yerba Mate, a little bit of Kratom, Cacao etc.
If you're looking for something to really learn from and not use on a daily basis, look for stuff like Salvia, but take it easy in the beginning.
"Can you tell the difference between gold and a lump of coal?"

Astral Projectee

Post by Astral Projectee » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:09 pm

I guess what this question is really asking is what can I use to contemplate my life with? Something that is good for drawing up inner wisdom.

Love and light.

BiffCo1138

Post by BiffCo1138 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:47 pm

Blue lily and acorus gramineus are great for meditation purposes.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. -Robert A. Heinlein

Astral Projectee

Post by Astral Projectee » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:26 pm

Thanks for that BiffCo1138. Anyone else.

The Wrong Alice

Post by The Wrong Alice » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:35 pm

Morning Glory and Wood Rose (LSA) also fit that category. Just thought I'd toss that one out there. I am a therapist by trade and I found Morning Glory gave me a truly amazing insight into the emotions of the people around me, and has helped me figure out a few of my own major personality flaws.

May you find what you seek,
Alice
Read my BLOG or THIS if you want to know who I am. If not, you aren't allowed to click my links.

To my fellow poisoners, I offer my HERBAL. This is the only way to buy a book that gets longer after you have it.

Astral Projectee

Post by Astral Projectee » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:41 am

Just a quick opinion here, Is rose wood a really good option for LSA vs MG OR HBWR?