Healthiest/safest mild entheogens

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
Drael64

Healthiest/safest mild entheogens

Post by Drael64 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:08 am

Hey all :)

I have recently started on a major health kick and lifestyle change.

Hence, I am very interested in anyones thoughts on safe, healthy mild entheogens. Or those at least with a long history of usage.

So safe ones on my shortlist so far are:

Blue lotus (may be hepaprotective, and has some health promoting properties. No real reports of side effects, long history of use)

Dan shen (Also hepaprotective, has other health promoting properties. Reasonable long history of use. I am not aware of any reported side effects)

Perhaps californian poppy and/or red poppy

Perhaps holy basil (long history of use, some reputed health benefits, not aware of any reported side effects)

Cacao

Does any have any other suggestions on other plants that may fill this general spec of safe and healthy, or with long history of use, or no reported side effects?

Or comments on any of the ones ive selected, re: safety, or health effects, studies, reports of side effects or personal opinion or experiences?

I am hoping this intelligent and informed community could help shed some light on entheogens which are less likely to harm my body or mind, short and long term.

Be great to have a few milder and healtier alternatives to the mainstays of western culture and the odd bit of useful and nice relaxation and stimulation.

(not super interested in psychedelics but if you know of a likely safe one, list it anyway, someone else may look up this thread)

Cheers!

kill_blind_elite

Re: Healthiest/safest mild entheogens

Post by kill_blind_elite » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:19 pm

damiana is good for many things : low energy : sexual drive : relaxing , and it actually works you just need to use like an ounce of it but put it in a tea instead of smoking it .... ginseng is a king herb for health and energy ... it's a very strong adaptogen and there are people that have tooken amanita m. at very low doses in the morning for depression. kava kava is great if you get the right kind and don't mess with the extracts (THEY DON'T WORK IN MY EXPERIENCE) you need a good recipe for kava to make it active at all .... most people can't get anything out of it except for numb mouth because they don't know how to prepare it ... also california poppy is good if you have enough .... it gives my cat energy more than anything and very mild euphoria.

trypt

Post by trypt » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:21 pm

Kanna, Kava, Kawakawa, pink lotus, galangal, calamus, Calea.
All safe and without any major side effects.
All have some entheogenic effect besides also being sedatives.

anarchski

Post by anarchski » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:51 pm

good ol fashion ***tacos***. move to a ***taco loving*** state in the usa. you can grow your own! will make you sleepy though. makes me kinda more lazy when i do it in the day so i stick to doing it more at night hours before bed.
Last edited by cowfodder on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Read the rules!

teeko

Post by teeko » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:27 am

Hi op, pm me.
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

Enc

Post by Enc » Mon May 06, 2013 8:46 am

I know this is an old post.. but I am curious if Wild Dagga would fall into this category?

esse quam vider 2.0

Post by esse quam vider 2.0 » Mon May 06, 2013 9:15 pm

I enjoy lemongrass tea for mild anxiety and insomnia. It also has some detoxifying agents. Pretty tasty as a tea.

Dr Zzz

Post by Dr Zzz » Tue May 07, 2013 6:28 am

EDIT:

I deleted my post.

I confused lemongrass and lemonbalm... The french names are totally urelated, so I always scratch my head when I read the english name of one or the two, wondering which is which. Sorry nothing to say here.
Last edited by Dr Zzz on Thu May 09, 2013 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flickedbic

Post by flickedbic » Thu May 09, 2013 12:02 pm

I hear lemongrass has a high myrcene content. Does it work to potentiate Sativa strains like mangoes do?

OP:
DOSE EASY:

I would say cactus if you can get it down (Bridgesii seems a good bet).

LSA has been kind to me but many have trouble with it.

Acorus calamus (americanus) AKA "Rat root" to the Native Americans seems a treat. The European variety is not healthy however.

Look into a Salvia plant to grow and quid the leaves therefrom.

I like Sacred lotus (Nelumbo nucifera) stamen... smoke, make wine or evaporate alcohol extract and combo the resin with your favorite smoking herbs.

Bufotenine from (Anadenanthera colubrina) Cebil beans is wonderful but nauseating unless ginger root or lemon essential oil is taken beforehand Ginger/LEO also works for mushrooms, cacti, and LSA.

I really enjoy Amanita muscaria (if you can't tell from my avatar). Makes a nice daily pick me up; possibly with a reverse tolerance meaning you need less with time for equivalent results. Also; it contains a wonderful flavor enhancer that makes it a treat to add to your meal (French chef secret)! 8-)
All readable matter in the above post is ficticious.

Any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Without prejudice.

alexander143

Post by alexander143 » Sat May 25, 2013 12:29 am

Lemon oil is also very effective in stress and anxiety. I used this oil and it worked really amazing to cure my mood. It has also plenty of other health benefits which cn help you to get rid off from mood swing, cold, flu and especially for hair and skin improvement.