is it safe

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
iamashroom
is it safe

Post by iamashroom » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:14 pm

john wants to know if these are safe mixed together, if not please explain. thanks so much :D
ps - i dont want some philosiphy, or someone calling me stupid. just answer the question

yopo seeds - dmt, hallucinogen
ginger - to prevent vomiting due to yopo
cinnamon - flavor
salvia 6x - hallucinogen
ephedra - stimulant
kanna - ssri
sassafras - flavor, contains safrole
peppermint - flavor
marshmallow - respitory helper
passion flower - mild maoi
california poppy - anti-psychotic
hops pollen - sedative

is this a safe mix. john wants to smoke this in the heart of a forest, but needs to be safe, if its not safe, please explain why

witchammer

Re: is it safe

Post by witchammer » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:05 pm

there aren't many people calling each other stupid here, sorry I can't help but I'm sure you will get an answer

iamashroom

Post by iamashroom » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:29 pm

im sorry, ive been irritable lately, its just a while ago i posted something similar and the only answer was

"modern smoking blends have changed peoples minds, you dont need a blend, just 1 or 2 herbs to experiment."

that was the most irritating thing ever

cowfodder
Site Admin

Post by cowfodder » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:24 pm

Yopo unprocessed won't really do much.

Smoked ginger tastes like ass.

Cinnamon really doesn't smoke at all.

Heat destroys ephedra alkaloids.

SSRI + MAOI = Really bad idea.

And if the salvia is truely 6x it'll overpower the effects of everything else you listed.

I'd say that the advice you were previously given was sound.
http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=15108
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

lurkmode 2.0

Post by lurkmode 2.0 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:54 pm

honestly that sounds like a pretty awful tasting blend but you never mentioned how you would administer any of this.

in terms of effects, you're asking for it if you combine all that. I say that because of mainly yopo, salvia and kanna. That sounds quite hellish to me.

but if you decide to proceed and don't end up in the asylum or jail let us know how it went.

feral

Post by feral » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:34 pm

It may be interesting to try a different route of admin' other than smoking but I understand if you just wanted a smoke.

How is john including the yopo seeds in his mix?
From what I have read effects are possible with roasted and powdered insides of the seeds. So that could perhaps go along with the marshmallow, passion flower, cali poppy and hops in a blend. Reports suggest a single large hit which is held in the lungs for as long as possible is best So if it is used in a blend you may not be able to gain the effects you wish to due to the other herbs.

John could smoke a bit of the passionflower, hops, cali and marshmallow (peppermint maybe for flavour) together to perhaps produce a different head space and include a small amount of MAOi into his system before going for the hit of yopo.

The ginger, cinnamon, peppermint, sassafras and ephedra could go towards making a tea to sip when required for nausea and to add to the experience .

If john could be bothered two teas may be more favourable. One with ginger and peppermint, the other with the sassafras and ephedra species.

And finally when the yopo is wearing off john could go for a hit of salvia, which would be interesting due to the yopo adding perhaps another level.

This is only a suggestion. My friend who thought this up doesn't have alot of experience with these plants so isn't sure on this. It seems like a lot of different things are going on.

GK77

Post by GK77 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:53 pm

iamashroom wrote: yopo seeds - dmt, hallucinogen
ginger - to prevent vomiting due to yopo
cinnamon - flavor
salvia 6x - hallucinogen
ephedra - stimulant
kanna - ssri
sassafras - flavor, contains safrole
peppermint - flavor
marshmallow - respitory helper
passion flower - mild maoi
california poppy - anti-psychotic
hops pollen - sedative

is this a safe mix. john wants to smoke this in the heart of a forest, but needs to be safe, if its not safe, please explain why
Safe? Probably not although the strength of Kanna's SSRI activity is debated so it may be safe
I'd be more concerned with the wasted money involved in smoking small amounts of many botanicals.
Sassafrass smoked won't do a thing.
Ginger smoked won't help with nausea
California poppy smoked won't do anything.
You will end up with a mix of good and foul tasting smoke right before the salvia knocks you over.
I'm in agreement with others, focus on a few plants first and see what you like, rather than throwing multi-grain pasta against the wall in hopes something sticks.
"I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
-AE

http://forums.botanicalswap.org/index.php?topic=1808.0

Dr Zzz

Post by Dr Zzz » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:26 pm

GK77 wrote: California poppy smoked won't do anything.
I have to disagree, I did it with good results, but it totally destroys your throat. If you do a home made crude extract, that is decoction, let cool overnight, concoction to a resin, you obtain a potent and perfectly smokable product.

GK77

Post by GK77 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:24 pm

smokable yes. effective? Not for me. I did a basic alcohol/water extraction evap and a smoke-able useless product. Even combined it with glaucine from the yellow horned poopy (?) it was underwhelming. It may have been something I did or didn't do though.
"I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
-AE

http://forums.botanicalswap.org/index.php?topic=1808.0

Dr Zzz

Post by Dr Zzz » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:39 pm

Well it worked for me and a lot of persons. Everybody is different. Did you try that extraction with other poppies (red poppy, celandine, horned poppy, etc...) ? They all proved to be effective for me.
Perhaps the key is the way I generally smoked it, in a opium pipe, with the flame barely licking the product. I tried it in joints with tobaco and it worked, but not as well.