Kratom and the common cold

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
Thomas_09

Re: Kratom and the common cold

Post by Thomas_09 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:03 pm

A few grams of Kratom serve as good cold remedy. Whenever I felt bad cold, I mix Kratom with ginger and gulp it up with lukewarm water. My cold gets dried up.
Last edited by cowfodder on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link to product.

Nikola

Post by Nikola » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:25 am

Bali worked quite well for the common cold.
Thai, although helpful a bit, didn't work as well.
"Can you tell the difference between gold and a lump of coal?"

Herbsfor2014

Post by Herbsfor2014 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:39 pm

I have found after using Kratom Crushed Leaf, after I drink this, I am either not cold like I was, and or not hot?

Not sure what's behind this, But I would swear by it!

naturesenergies112

Post by naturesenergies112 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:20 am

Well this last few days ive had one of those tickly coughs. Quite annoying i must say. But Ive found that a spoonful of green medicine :P definitely curbs the coughing necessity. Just remembered this thread so thought id mention it. So while not a full blown cold kratom does seem to ease the cough reflex. Yay :lol:

Nanamakutu

Post by Nanamakutu » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:36 pm

KT Botanicals wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:51 pm
I have always had a similar experience. I combine cat's claw kratom and ginger as a decent, immediate cold remedy. Some may argue that since Kratom is an opiate that it will stone the immune system. Kratom is actually immune-modulating, sharing many of the same alkaloids that cat's claw contains for the immune system. I have always notice almost immediate relief when I am feeling sick, and arguably a decent bump in immune function to fight the crap off quicker.
I have some cat’s claw coming for the first time and can’t wait to combine it with kratom. Adding ginger in the mixn sounds great.

I was considering taking a kilo of kratom and capsuling it up with a variety of other herbal extracts, turmeric, ginger, black pepper, cayenne etc. curious how much more effective they’d be

aqualung42

Post by aqualung42 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:41 pm

wish I could help. never been a kratom guy. I do recall when a former member of this board, and supplier was looking to get a supplier in Thailand. Had to have been one of the first if not THE first to get it in.