Hair growth

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
Dr Zzz
Hair growth -

Post by Dr Zzz » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:25 pm

I used to have very long hair. But because they were in a bad condition, because I was tired to be unable to find a descent job, because I wanted to change a bit, because I wanted to prove myself that I don't care about what I look like... Well I cuted my hair.

And now I'm looking at those old photos, with my long hair, my moustache and beard, black clothes... rahh! And I want to let my hair grow back again. Expect for the condition thing, all the other reasons were stupid, but well my hair needed a cut to give it some strength. That's not so bad, and now I'm really sure that I want to have long hair.

So I was wondering if there is a plant that promotes hair growth, or that is specially healthy for hair or scalp, etc...

Hopefully my hair grows rapidly, I have some gypsy ancestry, and I guess I caught some DNA here, cause my hair while not black is more of the asiatic than of the european type. I guess I'll need one year max to have long hair again.
But still I would like to hear if you guys have a trick.

flickedbic

Re: Hair growth -

Post by flickedbic » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:25 pm

Biotin, scalp milking massage; and hair qi-gong I recall roughly here:

Rub hands together, place fingertips along hairline above eyes across the forehead and rake backwards easily over the scalp and down the back of the head and neck and repeat a few times. Brush hair first to avoid snagging fingers in tangled threads.

I've also read some recommending to use fingers as combs and only comb/brush when hair is dry.

Blessings.
All readable matter in the above post is ficticious.

Any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Without prejudice.

Dr Zzz

Re: Hair growth -

Post by Dr Zzz » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:33 am

Thanks flickedbic.

Biotin is vitamin B7 (in french we call it B8 mind you) I guess eating beer yeast should provide some. Well it is easy to obtain in french pharmacies. I use vitamin E, having some skin problems, I've read that it is good for the hair too, and B7 being also good for the skin... Well sounds good to me.
Since my first post I've read that nettle is good for hair growth.

Thanks for the qi-qong practice. Actually I had the idea to meditate, focusing on my sclap, like sending energy there. I achieved a distinctive tingling sensation, like a hundred of tiny spots "being activated" on my scalp. I tested your method a few minutes ago (after googling and finding similar experiences and description of the massage), and I'm experimenting the same tingling sensation as I'm writing. Nice.

feral

Re: Hair growth

Post by feral » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:09 am

There are some shampoos on the market with caffeine in them to help with hair growth. It's even targeted at balding men to help keep what little hair they have.

This makes me wonder whether someone could make their own with a caffeine containing plant.

tenacioustornado

Re: Hair growth

Post by tenacioustornado » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:22 pm

yeah brewers yeast(Saccharomyces cerevisiae) will help a little with all the B vitamins and minerals it has. Probiotics like kombucha(which has yeasts in it so has b vitamins) and kraut seem to help a little too.