Which hallucinogenic plant is the most mild?

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
sweetleaf

Which hallucinogenic plant is the most mild? -

Post by sweetleaf » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:50 am

Hi, this is my first thread.
I have never tripped before the closest I have come to is 25x Salvia when i was about 16, and I didn't like it, probably because I didn't know what to expect, I thought is was a substitute for my favorite herb, boy was I wrong :lol: . I'm looking for something that can ease me into the experience without ripping my head off.

If I'm using the wrong name for this class of plants I'm sorry I'm still new to ethnobotanicals.

I'm talking about plants like:

Morning Glory
Datura
Deadly nightshade
Hemlock
etc....

I've been looking around at sites like Erowid and various forums like this one and it seems like Morning Glory seeds are the safest and "softest" of these plants. I want something that produces alot of visuals but is gone by morning. I've read some experiences with datura that last several days and I deffinitely don't want that for my first time. I don't want to extract anything either, I have read that you can simply crush morning glory seeds and eat them to produce the effects. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I want to have a spiritual experience and I don't know where to start.:?

GK77

Re: Which hallucinogenic plant is the most mild? -

Post by GK77 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:05 am

I don't think any that you mentioned are mild. I mean its all dose dependent. MG/HBWR/RC are a good intro, but can cause nausea at low doses as well as high. You can avoid that, but it takes more work than just eating them.
Low doses of various fungi, even salvia plain leaf is enjoyable, with that psychedelic edge.
Problem is, sometimes low doses tend to drop you straight in that nether region of uncomfortability. Like sitting on a barbed-wire fence. You only begin to lose touch with consensus reality, which can be more confusing than being forced to totally lose it.
Everyone is different, and I applaud your approach- in fact it was mine as well. I suggest not dillydallying there too long, thats all.
And keep in mind it is a totally different animal when past the threshold ;)
"I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
-AE

http://forums.botanicalswap.org/index.php?topic=1808.0

Herbivore

Post by Herbivore » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:27 am

If you buy 5/6 packets of heavenly blue morning glory. Grind in coffee grinder. Soak in cold water 45 minutes. Stain and drink. Tasteless, painless, pleasant and mild. A happy half trip, half stoned.

alkahest

Post by alkahest » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:45 am

Welcome to the forum Sweetleaf. All information is hypothetic in nature, up for discussion only. I may be wrong, but do some research and check if lemon juice, added to the above recipe posted by herbivore, may theoretically assist in the transfer of the alkaloid content; this due to modifiying the pH and making the liquid environment more friendly to the contents. Low-dose psilocybes are reported as a classic entry as well, easily titrated, not sure if you are familiar with those but I imagine so, what you may be unfamiliar with is amanita fungi but keep in mind they are a completely different experience involving more cholinergic/GABA modes of action, a seperate experience from classic psilocybin mushrooms.

_______
alkahest

sweetleaf

Post by sweetleaf » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:02 am

Thanks for all the advice guys!
Herbivore wrote:If you buy 5/6 packets of heavenly blue morning glory. Grind in coffee grinder. Soak in cold water 45 minutes. Stain and drink. Tasteless, painless, pleasant and mild. A happy half trip, half stoned.
I was under the impression that a packet of seeds contained around 700 seeds. And it appears that most people start out at 200 for thier first dose. How many seeds do you suggest I take for my first time?
I'm assuming you meant strain instead of stain, so I don't eat the seeds? Just drink the water they soaked in?

Herbivore

Post by Herbivore » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:20 am

No not 700. The little seed packet in the flower seed rack. I can't say how much exactly is in 5/6 packets. Way less then 700. Don't take 700. Not even 300. Half that.

flickedbic

Post by flickedbic » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:30 pm

You can buy packets from the store burpee whatever heavenly blue morning glory. They should be in a dark, dry cool space.
Open one packet and count the seeds. Multiply that by the number of packets you have. This will give you an estimated total seed count.

Or order fresh organic viable seeds online from a respected vendor.

Follow the above advice, keeping in mind to protect the extraction from all sources of light and heat (wrap in tinfoil?).

You can also put the ground seed-material in a teabag for a workaround of the filtering step (squeeze the bag against the glass at the end-get all goodies out).

Might as well buy extra seeds, just in case
a) not enough for good effects - got more.
b) a great experience - now there's two more on deck.

Blessings.
Last edited by flickedbic on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: PS: I agree with low amounts of psilocybin mushrooms also for entry.
All readable matter in the above post is ficticious.

Any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Without prejudice.

Kadakuda

Post by Kadakuda » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:25 am

i personally feel that the words 'hallucinogen' and 'mild' are an oxymoron.....to hallucinate means really seeing shit, that takes powerful stuff and is not so mild. Maybe you are looking for distortions and euphoria maybe? not really sure.

Datura/brugmansia will get you there if you really want to hallucinate...but i REALLY think you dont WANT that...that is HEAVY medicine, and dangerous.

Correct me if im wrong, but i get the feeling you want some psychoactive stuff that is more fun relaxing, without discomfort to get your feet wet, ya?

if so i would personally suggest things that tend to be light on the nausea. at least for me that is very important for getting acquainted with new things.

morning glories tend to cause bad nausea in many people. not all, but is more common than not.

shrooms and cacti are probably my suggestions for first times as they can be strong or mild depending on dose and the nausea is not so sever as some other.

salvia and dmt smoked are very short, but very intense....so i guess they are useful as they wont last long in that sense...but they are very powerful....if you dont shake your head wondering WTF and questioning your identity right after a good dose, i would like to shake your hand.

Jupe

Post by Jupe » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:37 pm

what Kakakuda said.....and I strongly second avoiding the daturas and similars.

welcome:D

sweetleaf

Post by sweetleaf » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:35 pm

Kadakuda, that's pretty much what I'm looking for. I'm just a little scared that people will think I'm doing something illegal if I get fly agarics or something similar. I deffinitely want to see things, but I know I couldn't handle datura, dmt, or deadly nightshade for my first time. I've read some messed up trip reports, but it's something I want to try later on.