Kratom experience

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
jbmac

Kratom experience -

Post by jbmac » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:49 am

SWIM has always tossed n washed kratom in small amounts. SWIM
recently got some 20x extract from a well known vendor that rocks.
SWIM said the stuff was very dark and fluffy so it got all over the place,
lots of dust. SWIM tossed and washed about 1/2 a gram and had a mild effect.
SWIM capsuled it, and later took 5 capsules (that together was 1/2 a gram) and was overwhelmed - stimulation, sweating, mild euphoria, and a bit of nasea and itching. It passed in an hour or two - but it seems capsulation is the way to go, next time 1/4 gram SWIM says.

PPPPPORKY

Re: Kratom experience -

Post by PPPPPORKY » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:52 pm

5 capsules= 1/2 gram? 5 of my caps is more like 2.5 grms. Must be small caps.

jbmac

Post by jbmac » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:42 pm

loosely packed, caps about half full - this was 20X from an elegant rockin vendor.

JAKEfromMAINE

Post by JAKEfromMAINE » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:25 pm

You'll have a better experience if you combine extract with plain leaf. More of a full spectrum "aroma."

Boost

Post by Boost » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:33 pm

Of all the symptoms you described, was the mild euphoria really worth it for SWIY??

twinks

Post by twinks » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:24 am

The extract the OP speaks of is quite good!-This evening I put 1/4 tsp. in a cup of coffee and watched a good Jack Nicholson movie(The Missouri Breaks)-Usually I get bored with heavy movies like that,but it was interesting on the 20X;I could actually sit through it-That's part of kratom's appeal,that subtlety and sublime euphoria that it brings.

hillshaman

Post by hillshaman » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:24 pm

I have made the comparison before, but kratom, for my friends, seems more like coffee than anything else. Engaging and useful. It hold the same inherent risks as a caffeine addiction and surprisingly, is even easier to put down.
People expecting to be laid out will not experience much, those willing to work with subtlety, are greatly rewarded.

Herbal Jah

Post by Herbal Jah » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:52 pm

Trust me I can work with subtlety but for some reason Kratom just doesn't do it for me. Then again every time I've used it I was expecting and looking for an 'opioid-like' feeling. I never really went into the experience thinking it to be an alternative to caffeinated drinks.. the really potent tincture extracts were pretty good, but the plain leaf and 10,15 and 20x extract powders never did much for me.. : /

hillshaman

Post by hillshaman » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:55 pm

You misunderstood a bit. I meant useful in the same way, not in terms of effects or expectations.
K is a useful herb, just not for those expecting something its not.
That was not directed at you in particular.
Find some good quality Bali, use two teaspoons and I am quite sure you will come to like it, or so my plants tell me.
Be well.

PPPPPORKY

Post by PPPPPORKY » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:27 pm

Kratom is the only plant i use theas days. I quit the blends as i dont they are good for my health. I get only positive from kratom. It is the best thing since sliced bread in my book.

One should try different strains to find what one is looking for, i love the thais as they are very uplifting. Bali is for after dinner when one wants to kick back and relax. Indos can go both ways and Malay can also go both ways but is the most subtle of all to me. There is a Super green malay that is uplifting and relaxing all at the same time. Different vendors have different products also.

If you tried and didnt like try some others, but it may just not be your cuo of tea.