Anxiety remedies

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
private world

Anxiety remedies -

Post by private world » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:51 pm

Any recommended natural solutions for anxiety disorders? Does anyone have any experience using Corydalis Rhizome, Kava Kava, or Kanna to deal with anxiety? Store bought Valerian root pills and tea has not been effective, would buying the extracts from online botanical stores be considerably different?

sorry if this topic has already been discussed, used the search feature for "anxiety" and nothing relevant was found.

thank you!

LINK

Re: Anxiety remedies -

Post by LINK » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:09 pm

A friend of mine likes kava kava and says it reliefs anxiety , but he likes mulungu resin even more, gives instant relief and also tastes good! One should take it easy, because it knocks you out at high doses. Kratom deserves to be mentioned as well.

I believe kanna is a bit different, since the effect seems to get better after frequent use, the other mentioned are good on short term basis.

KTB

Post by KTB » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:05 pm

HONOKIOL from magnolia bark has proven to be quite strong. Magnolia bark extract is a good option as well. Kava and mulungu extracts are tried and true as well.

Ascendancy-Mike

Post by Ascendancy-Mike » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:36 pm

KTB wrote:HONOKIOL from magnolia bark has proven to be quite strong. Magnolia bark extract is a good option as well. Kava and mulungu extracts are tried and true as well.
KTB speaks the truth!! -- HONOKIOL is absolutely amazing. It will out do, or perform on par with any other anxiety remedy I have tried, or can think of.

I have posted a exp. report in my honokiol thread, and will post my 2nd report soon.

give it a try, you'll be surprised!

Dr Zzz

Post by Dr Zzz » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:28 pm

In my experience rhodiola rosea in any form do the trick almost all the time, and for everyone.

Just to mention hawthorn flowers wich is almost never discussed here, and can be very usefull with a good dosage.

Stonehenge

Post by Stonehenge » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:34 pm

I've tried mulungu and it does calm you down but will not help you sleep. I was thinking about trying magnolia bark. Or should i go with the extract rather than the bark? Which is better bang for buck and which is nicer to use?

salviasofthead

Post by salviasofthead » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:30 pm

Dr Zzz wrote:In my experience rhodiola rosea in any form do the trick almost all the time, and for everyone.

Just to mention hawthorn flowers wich is almost never discussed here, and can be very usefull with a good dosage.
I'll second the rhodiola rosea - along with vitamin B complex and flax seed oil (or other omega-3 rich supplement). These also help greatly with dysthymia (low grade, longstanding depression). Beats St. John's Wort hands-down.

ssh

hillshaman

Post by hillshaman » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:26 pm

I disagree with the flax, assuming you are a male, as it has an estrogenic effect on the system, and this perceived bodily imbalancecan create issues for the immune system. Fish oil is a good alternative, as well as GLA (Gamma Linoleic Acid)
A nice side effect may be fast hair growth!

sputnik3

Post by sputnik3 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:17 pm

scull cap, chamomile stephania root
are few too

twinks

Post by twinks » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:58 pm

Scullcap,prepared properly(boiled slowly for thirty minutes,1 tsp of herb)is on par with everything else out there,and it's cheap too-I'm a little interested in magnolia bark myself,now,everybody talking about it!