Commiphora molmol (Myrrh) Terpene Fraction Isolates

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
skunkjar

Re: Commiphora molmol (Myrrh) Terpene Fraction Isolates -

Post by skunkjar » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:58 pm

Well, this sounds lake a most interesting substance indeed, I think my skunk ordered a some this time around, along with some 80% thp and other goodies. His ativan script has kinda dried up, and now he's looking for a plant based alternative. Luckily he used his benzos with enough respect that he didn't feel any W/D symptoms at all. More isn't always better. (but sometimes it is ;) )

teeko

Post by teeko » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:09 pm

I am putting the stuff in my mouth, between my gum and cheek pulling it out for an occasional gentle chew, switching locations, and repeating until it has all dissolved - usually about 15 minutes. Are you doing something different?
Compress tightly under your tongue. Not in the cheek or lips. Swallow quickly any saliva that seeps out, please resist from lifting your tongue to swallow the saliva - you pretty much have to resist every natural instinct you have to keep ANYTHING under your tongue. At least for me, holding shit under my tongue is REALLY "annoying".
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

Nikola

Post by Nikola » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:10 pm

I have 10 grams of 5:1 myrrh extract and really wanna give it a try but I don't have a scale. How much would you say is the correct dose? 1/2 teaspoon? 1/4?

thanks
"Can you tell the difference between gold and a lump of coal?"

teeko

Post by teeko » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:12 pm

Nikola wrote:I have 10 grams of 5:1 myrrh extract and really wanna give it a try but I don't have a scale. How much would you say is the correct dose? 1/2 teaspoon? 1/4?

thanks
Truthfully...ive never measured the 5:1, just scooped 'about' 1/4-1/2 teaspoon and toss n wash.
Zzzzzzzzzz sleepy time, mixes well with magnolia/corydalis/kava - in that order together.
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

Nikola

Post by Nikola » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:16 pm

thanks again
"Can you tell the difference between gold and a lump of coal?"

Ascendancy-Mike

Post by Ascendancy-Mike » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:08 pm

clumpy wrote:Ascendancy-Mike,
What dose is producing these effects for you? I am open to the possibility that I am doing it "wrong" . . . . I am putting the stuff in my mouth, between my gum and cheek pulling it out for an occasional gentle chew, switching locations, and repeating until it has all dissolved - usually about 15 minutes. Are you doing something different?
I get the most notable effects when I take a large chunk out of my 1 gram bag of Pure Terpene Fraction Isolates, which are in my opinion uncompareably better and far stronger than the 5x and 15x myrrh powderized extracts.

I get no effect / < placebo with the 3 trials I've had using my 15x powder via 100mg insulffated.

I take a large chunk of terpene isolate, prolly somewhere around 200-400 mg's worth, sometimes even half my bag so close to 1/2 a gram even, break it into little peices, kinda like how people in holland break up bubble hash, and I pack it into a bowl that has a very moist filler in the bottom of the bowl, I use a homemade smoke blend thats rather oily and burns like an oil latern whick, literally 250mg of this mix burned for well over 100+ puffs, prolly cause it has an unbeleivable amount of plant extracts and oils dissolved in liquid and re-absorbed into mullein in it.

I proceed to smoke my little chunks of myrrh terpene on top of some moist herb in a bowl, I always use a normal lighter, and hold it above the terpenes a bit, so the flame barly touches it so the terpenes start to bubble, usually ignite, i blow the flames out if it ignites, and I just rip the shit out of it and watch the myrrh bubble like mad

Within minutes after taking like 5-10 nice big hits of myrrh, that I tend to hold in fairly longer than I would with mj, I notice an immediate tranquil / chill effect. The effect that one gets from vicodin there first times taking it, that feeling of 'nothing in the world bothers you, everything is just perfect at the current time, you feel completely at rest with the world, and you are just fanfuckintastic' now this effect may not seem like much of an effect to someone who can still get a buzz off taking 2-3 vicodin, but to someone who can drop 80mg of oxycontin and get nothing more than nose bleed, slight change in heartrate, and very very minuscule euphoria... makes the myrrh buzz feel like a godsend.

After I smoke my myrrh, and often times while smoking it, I take the little bit of powdered terpenes, if there are any little bits of powder in my bag, (sometimes when I order it I get some that are just like 1-2 chunks for a g, and other times I get a bag that has a good bit of powderized little myrrh terpene crystals) I take the finest material in the bag, and just dip it under my lower lip right in the middle. I just leave it there, and forget about it. I swallow as usual and continue on with my smoking, eventually it all dissapears, or if theres any left after 30 minutes, it wasn't a fine enough ground up material, and it needs to be powderized manually b4 used orally.

I will attempt to sniff swims next terpene batch if I'm able to sufficiently powder it w/ a pestle n morter, it shouldn't be any challenge.

btw, myrrh + corydalis 80% th-dlp + 80% Glaucine yellow horned poppy extract ( or Glaucine FB 99% min purity ) mixed together in a 5:3:1 ratio, totally about 300 or 400 mg's , makes for one amazing, and I mean totally amazing opiate smoke.

Mulungu 90% goes great w/ this, but I don't like using it with it, because mulungu is a benzo like action, acts on gaba, where as our myrrh, glaucine and corydalis th-dlp all act on opiod receptors and channle some nice dopamine into your brainz.

minderbinder

Post by minderbinder » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:20 pm

been searching around without finding something very specialized on this, but as far as i got it, an ethanol/water extract should get the terpenes mostly out of the resin. or am i wrong?

*******Edit************

err ... no, the other way round - what's left after that should contain the terpenes?

shmist, lousy polar/non polar/what ever stuff ...
Last edited by minderbinder on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bhagwan told me not to worry. If i do it'll make me sorry. Alright.