Commiphora molmol (Myrrh) Terpene Fraction Isolates

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
catfishrivers

Re: Commiphora molmol (Myrrh) Terpene Fraction Isolates -

Post by catfishrivers » Wed May 06, 2009 3:59 am

I heard a little bit more info on this one:
The myrrh isolates mixed well with mulungu 95% extract (aprx 50 mg of each). Mulungu blended well with the myrrh extract, rounding it out in some ways, adding a certain fluff to the weighty sedation of the myrrh. Another green herb was also smoked. At low doses they seem to blend well and did not produce any negative effects by combining. the overall synergy seemed more euphoric and really left the entire head feeling as if it was brimming with positive juices. very good glowy sensation. Nice and calm and floaty. Definitely an interesting synergy, and worth testing again with increased dosages.
Last edited by catfishrivers on Wed May 06, 2009 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.catfishrivers.com ~~All my creative efforts.
http://www.shroomsgonewild.com~~My Wild Edible Mushroom Blog
http://www.reversemonster.org~~My Weird Wide Weblog

Alkaloidian

Post by Alkaloidian » Thu May 07, 2009 6:26 am

Zombiesoul wrote:I can just picture Jesus on the cross taking vaped hits of myrhh isolates every five minutes. If you're protective of Jesus then think of a black Jesus. Son of God and probably a better athlete, too, with higher calf muscles.

Myrrh knows of no race. Me, I'm in a race to get my life back together.
Higher calf muscles??

clumpy

Post by clumpy » Sun May 24, 2009 8:29 pm

What the fuck is wrong with me? The way this was hyped I expected to have the doors blown off my barn and after several experiments at amounts around 250mg sublingual I have got a big nothing. Maybe a little lethargic but that is about it. In fact, same story I have been preaching, but I don't think I am cut out for this business. I think, as a poster on another topic noted, for some people prior use of other things can set the bar impossibly high for more subtle compounds. Had I not developed a problematic relationship with things of a psychedelic nature I am sure I could find some plant friends down that road but apart from the stuff that is illegal I seem to be unaffected. Thanks.

teeko

Post by teeko » Mon May 25, 2009 2:06 am

Had I not developed a problematic relationship with things of a psychedelic nature I am sure I could find some plant friends down that road but apart from the stuff that is illegal I seem to be unaffected. Thanks.
No offense meant, but i scoff at that statement.
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

catfishrivers

Post by catfishrivers » Mon May 25, 2009 2:57 am

clumpy wrote:What the fuck is wrong with me? The way this was hyped I expected to have the doors blown off my barn and after several experiments at amounts around 250mg sublingual I have got a big nothing. Maybe a little lethargic but that is about it. In fact, same story I have been preaching, but I don't think I am cut out for this business. I think, as a poster on another topic noted, for some people prior use of other things can set the bar impossibly high for more subtle compounds. Had I not developed a problematic relationship with things of a psychedelic nature I am sure I could find some plant friends down that road but apart from the stuff that is illegal I seem to be unaffected. Thanks.
Maybe your barn is too big?
http://www.catfishrivers.com ~~All my creative efforts.
http://www.shroomsgonewild.com~~My Wild Edible Mushroom Blog
http://www.reversemonster.org~~My Weird Wide Weblog

dedraic

Post by dedraic » Mon May 25, 2009 3:32 pm

clumpy wrote:W I think, as a poster on another topic noted, for some people prior use of other things can set the bar impossibly high for more subtle compounds. Had I not developed a problematic relationship with things of a psychedelic nature I am sure I could find some plant friends down that road but apart from the stuff that is illegal I seem to be unaffected. Thanks.
I'm pretty sure it's all about neurochemistry, man. Awareness of cognition probably is in there somewhere, as well as improper administration and doseage problems. I can't tell you how many people I've had take a small hit of some herbals, then declare them inactive. Obviously the latter probably wasn't the case if you took a quarter gram of the material.

Unless you've abused certain compounds enough to suffer neurodamage, I can't really imagine something being inactive because you've used something stronger. Things just don't work that way.

visiongary

Post by visiongary » Mon May 25, 2009 6:46 pm

clumpy wrote:What the fuck is wrong with me? The way this was hyped I expected to have the doors blown off my barn and after several experiments at amounts around 250mg sublingual I have got a big nothing. Maybe a little lethargic but that is about it. In fact, same story I have been preaching, but I don't think I am cut out for this business. I think, as a poster on another topic noted, for some people prior use of other things can set the bar impossibly high for more subtle compounds. Had I not developed a problematic relationship with things of a psychedelic nature I am sure I could find some plant friends down that road but apart from the stuff that is illegal I seem to be unaffected. Thanks.
if you are a nonresponder to the myrhh isolates product that does not mean others are too
you need to find what works for you, no particular effect was promised with this product so if it does not affect you move on but don't give up on everything yet, lots more plants I'm sure you have not tried

clumpy

Post by clumpy » Tue May 26, 2009 6:30 pm

dedraic wrote:I'm pretty sure it's all about neurochemistry, man. Awareness of cognition probably is in there somewhere, as well as improper administration and doseage problems. I can't tell you how many people I've had take a small hit of some herbals, then declare them inactive. Obviously the latter probably wasn't the case if you took a quarter gram of the material.

Unless you've abused certain compounds enough to suffer neurodamage, I can't really imagine something being inactive because you've used something stronger. Things just don't work that way.
I don't know the way it works, and I am comfortable saying that. All I do know is I fail when I try. I think people who have used synthetics or other plants/fungi that are illegal come to expect that a particular dose will effect most people in a particular way. Most people who are not regular users will have a fairly predictable result if they consume 4 beers, 4 tokes, 4 grams. . . whatever. I just have not found that to be my case with any of the non illegal plants. It is what it is, I suppose.

Ascendancy-Mike

Post by Ascendancy-Mike » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:56 pm

heh, I think a small group of highly-tolerant people have it almost quite the opposite of what your saying..

See, for me, being a 3 year chronic pain patient w/ fibro and lupus, 13 months and counting of fentanyl 25mcg/hr every 48 hours --

yes the bar is set incredibly high, but for me, if a plant / drug / anything can create any effect that isn't a headache, more pain, or painful vomitting, then it has reached my bar.

There is no amount of hydrocodone // the narcotic in vicodin / norco that will give me the 'opiate virgin' buzz feel that myrrh gave.

There used to be an amount of hydrocodone, or morphine, or hydromorphone that would create this effect, and that amount was 2 vicodin.

Now, being near immune on tolerance, 100mg's of hydrocodone, or 10 norco, or 20 vicodin minus the tylonal would not, and has not, created any pleasureable effects in the last 2 years.

I think when people have near immunities towards multiple classes of drugs, ie: opiods, amphetamines, benzo's, and then experiment with ethnogens, I think we set our expectations to result in next to nothing.

I certainly wouldn't of guessed in a million years that myrrh would create an effect in my body similar to my first experiences with vicodin.

clumpy

Post by clumpy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:38 pm

Ascendancy-Mike,
What dose is producing these effects for you? I am open to the possibility that I am doing it "wrong" . . . . I am putting the stuff in my mouth, between my gum and cheek pulling it out for an occasional gentle chew, switching locations, and repeating until it has all dissolved - usually about 15 minutes. Are you doing something different?