Commiphora molmol (Myrrh) Terpene Fraction Isolates

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
minderbinder

Re: Commiphora molmol (Myrrh) Terpene Fraction Isolates -

Post by minderbinder » Sat May 02, 2009 5:02 pm

wehellll ...
now, was that oil, resin, extract, or ...

sounds almost to good to be true, been having some resin "sublingual", more or less often some years ago, but the effects wheren't that distinct
Bhagwan told me not to worry. If i do it'll make me sorry. Alright.

catfishrivers

Post by catfishrivers » Sat May 02, 2009 7:03 pm

minderbinder wrote:wehellll ...
now, was that oil, resin, extract, or ...

sounds almost to good to be true, been having some resin "sublingual", more or less often some years ago, but the effects wheren't that distinct
terpene fraction isolates (extract)
http://www.catfishrivers.com ~~All my creative efforts.
http://www.shroomsgonewild.com~~My Wild Edible Mushroom Blog
http://www.reversemonster.org~~My Weird Wide Weblog

minderbinder

Post by minderbinder » Sun May 03, 2009 5:04 am

ah, i see - thanks!

yesterday evening i tried some of my old (lying around at least 5 years now) myrrh resin, just chewed a little piece and ... felt strange, don't know how to put it.
the pieces where almost deep red to black, not that light yellow or orange fresh resin has and the consistence was pretty brittle.

Maybe oxidation is doing something beneficial with the resin and it's contents?
damned, i wish i had more understanding of chemistry, this looks interesting to me ...
Bhagwan told me not to worry. If i do it'll make me sorry. Alright.

Splytter

Post by Splytter » Sun May 03, 2009 11:05 pm

I am becoming very curious about these myrrh isolates now. I wish I had included them in my last order, but I guess I'll wait until next time i need supplies to try it.

To those of you who have tried it both sublingually and smoked (or any other way), which route was more active or had the best effects?

jacky

Post by jacky » Mon May 04, 2009 2:06 pm

I havnt tried the isolates yet,

but for me, the most potent effect from myrrh powder, 5x extract or raw powder, is when insuffilating the material.

it has a slight burn to begin with,....but then the soothing effects of the myrrh kick in, and it really seems to not do much harm at all.

looking at various recipes for myrrh, I find that it is used in many differen topical applications.
nearly every body part that comes in contact with this stuff seems to be tolerant, or even effected beneficially.

it looks like that isolate will crush to a fine powder to me.

Ascendancy-Mike

Post by Ascendancy-Mike » Mon May 04, 2009 10:52 pm

this is very interesting..

my dog was sucking on a 200 mg or so little chip or myrrh terpenes.. and after about 30 minutes he spit the chip out, and it looked much different, it was then yellowish orange like described above. Then, my dog being a real son of a gun put that chip he had in his mouth, into his pipe and he and his 3 doggy friends smoked that sucked on peice of myrrh in a pipe on top of some fresh green leaf and surprisingly everydog whom smoked it got a similar feeling of opiate buzz from it. This is quite interesting because it may have multiple actives that some of which are viable orally / sublingual, and some of which are only active when bubbled smoked. Both effects felt the same to my dog, but i mean sucking on it for 30 minutes should pull all the sublingually actives out... right? someone explain how this is possible, my dogs mind draws a blank

visiongary

Post by visiongary » Mon May 04, 2009 11:00 pm

tried the myrrh terpenes and got a slight effect, slight but pleasant enough, unless that was the herb is was combined with

mike- the sublingual with a whole chip of a material may not get it all out, if you crush it fine there is much more surface area for the sublingual absorption, and in that case probably would be nothing left after 30 min

teeko

Post by teeko » Mon May 04, 2009 11:02 pm

I always crush, and there is definitely nothing left after even 15 minutes.
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

Ascendancy-Mike

Post by Ascendancy-Mike » Tue May 05, 2009 12:23 am

hmm, yes the prior time my dog used the ones that were little balls n broken up but last time was just one peice. He is going to try it crushed up, or so he barks to me.

catfishrivers

Post by catfishrivers » Tue May 05, 2009 12:35 am

Another experience was passed along to me:
sublingual, 50 mg or so glob. Was experiencing a mild panic attack prior due to over indulgence in another green herb and some bad thought loops, but within 20 mins a relaxation seemed to begin to settle in. The cold stab of fear left the chest area, and a sense of peace was attained, much like a clonazepam might have also done to help, although there did seem to be a heart murmur type skip that was noticed a couple of times, it felt related to the high that seemed to be building in tandem with the feelings of relaxation, The glob was removed from the mouth and it had changed colors, from dark red/black to a golden orange color. It felt like a good idea to stop the experiment at this point and try again on another day, but the material did release the panic attack and gave a nice sense of relaxation before it started to go into a "deeper" aspect...
http://www.catfishrivers.com ~~All my creative efforts.
http://www.shroomsgonewild.com~~My Wild Edible Mushroom Blog
http://www.reversemonster.org~~My Weird Wide Weblog