Commiphora molmol (Myrrh) Terpene Fraction Isolates

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
Zombiesoul

Re: Commiphora molmol (Myrrh) Terpene Fraction Isolates -

Post by Zombiesoul » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:36 pm

Ah, for once my outlandishly titled threads (WHO WILL TAKE THE TERPENE PLUNGE TO NODLAND) may have lead in a general way to something even concurrent opie users can enjoy.

Sure Zombie, suck up that false glow.

I would, but can't get my head off my chest (j/k)

Has JAcky tried this out?
minderbinder wrote:hmmm, thank you :)

i'd really love to know how to make a terpene extract, maybe i'll try something in the weekends, all i'd love to have would be an idea for an adequate solvent besides ether - almost impossible to get that smell off with kitchen chem
*blea*

minderbinder

Post by minderbinder » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:17 pm

grrr, this must be some kind of pawlow'ish condtioning - every time zombiesoul posts something i'm beginning to drool ravenously (and also a little bit from confusion) :D

wellll, and then we'd mix the nigella oil myrrh terpene extract with some pure cocoa powder, even if it will make me puke!

btw.:read also that terpenes even if not water soluble are pretty well going with water steam, at least wikipedia says so, so that's better than ether or benzine (*ugh*) ... at least if one has a still :/
Bhagwan told me not to worry. If i do it'll make me sorry. Alright.

Ascendancy-Mike

Post by Ascendancy-Mike » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:48 pm

hmm, this is again quite interesting..

[quote from journal]
These responses were blocked by 1 mg/kg of naloxone and by the 8 specific
antagonist naltrindole (1 mg/Kg), which did not block the effect of 5 mg/kg morphine [/quote]

This exert backs my assertion of it having more to it and just opiod. Thats in reference to the fact that it was blocked by naltrindole, however naltrindole did NOT block 5mg of morphine. This shows that there is another system or receptor that myrrh acts on in addition to the delta opiod receptors. Which explains why it gave swims dog such strong effects of euphoria despite his massive tolerance to opiods in which 200mg of morphine could not produce such effects.

minderbinder

Post by minderbinder » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:31 am

hm, how much did your dog take? in which form? did he report anything more detailed to you?

Which explains why it gave swims dog such strong effects of euphoria despite his massive tolerance to opiods in which 200mg of morphine could not produce such effects.

Nikola

Post by Nikola » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:18 am

This sounds very nice.
I wonder how it would mix with blue lilly wine.
I'll have to give it a try when possible, awesome thread.
"Can you tell the difference between gold and a lump of coal?"

Ascendancy-Mike

Post by Ascendancy-Mike » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:38 pm

minderbinder wrote:hm, how much did your dog take? in which form? did he report anything more detailed to you?
my dog used no more than 50 or 100mg both via sublingual for 10 minutes then chewing it, swallowing saliva, and spitting out the remains, and prolly a little more when he smoked it in his doggy pipe.. id say smoked 75-100 mg, and sublingualed 50-75.

Note yourself that my dog has been on opiods for 3 years, and even tho my dog gets little euphoria from 200mg or morphine or other equivalent opiate doses, 200mg of morphine will easily kill you and your dog so dont try it and don't account my dog for having the same tolerance you will to myrrh.

my dog feels satisifed with his experiences to feel it okay enough to eat at least 500 mg of it for him.

minderbinder

Post by minderbinder » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:40 pm

hey thanks!

been trying that in lower doses before myself, so now i know it wasn't placebo or so - got to tell that my dog, he was in the bondage of this vice himself, so this might probably please his dog arse off if it turns out to apply to him, too :)

catfishrivers

Post by catfishrivers » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:50 pm

I remember reading somewhere of an old recipe for a hemp wine from greek times that had a tbsp or so of myrhh, a handful of hemp flowers, all steeped in a liter of dry white wine.

...ahh I found where I read it...page 147 in the encyclopedia of pscyhoactive plants. The book states the recipes was a favorite of Democritus.
http://www.catfishrivers.com ~~All my creative efforts.
http://www.shroomsgonewild.com~~My Wild Edible Mushroom Blog
http://www.reversemonster.org~~My Weird Wide Weblog

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Sat May 02, 2009 4:35 am

what were you doing with the essential oil? And how much were you using?

Thanks.

catfishrivers

Post by catfishrivers » Sat May 02, 2009 3:51 pm

Here's another report:
50 mg smoked, shared by 3 individuals, on top of ash showed definite activity. All 3 people stated the effect was akin to smoking opium, but with its own unique feeling as well. Comparisons were also made to the effects of smoking mulungu and wormwood extract. Very sedated and relaxed, and it very much increased the effects of another green herb. Felt blissed out at points, head full of wahoo, temples aglow with activity. The taste of the smoke was interesting, and it filled the air with act. nice aroma. Who needs to burn incense when you can smoke it instead? j/k but it did have a pleasant, almost churchy smell. Two more 50 mg bowls were smoked over the coarse of a night. No truly bothersome effects were experienced, except that there did seem to be the sensation of depressed breathing a bit, although luckily the sedation was not so much as to encourage sleep. It could have been the nature of the resin too to possibly have led to lung irritation, it did feel like a thick smoke to inhale. Overall, positive experience. All 3 individuals were very much impressed with the material.
http://www.catfishrivers.com ~~All my creative efforts.
http://www.shroomsgonewild.com~~My Wild Edible Mushroom Blog
http://www.reversemonster.org~~My Weird Wide Weblog