Commiphora molmol (Myrrh) Terpene Fraction Isolates

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
teeko

Re: Commiphora molmol (Myrrh) Terpene Fraction Isolates -

Post by teeko » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:01 pm

catfishrivers wrote:Any more experiences with this?
Its more potent than one would imagine. Caution is suggested when researching this isolate. There is a "feeling" of respiratory depression, however im not positive on how dangerous that feeling actually is.

So far its a "pleasurable sigh" in a very heavy way ;) But i have yet to research it extensively - and its quite new to the public(as far as i know). Very interesting.
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

CindorDGR

Post by CindorDGR » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:21 am

Teeko how would you compare the terpene fraction with the whole spectrum extract?

teeko

Post by teeko » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:09 am

The terpene fraction is a much different beast(although still very similar). I do knot have any fear of the full spectrum extract - but the terpene fraction can take your breath away easily - sigh - its very strong. If you have tried the full spec. and either liked it OR disliked it - this is worth trying. TONS of potential here.
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

Ascendancy-Mike

Post by Ascendancy-Mike » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:53 am

Aurea wrote:^if you are an advanced chemist and had a lot of spare time you could maybe produce it yourself - otherwise just support the vendor on one of his apparently most effective items

if only more would research isolates as they are where the magic lies - many plants are prematurely dubbed weak and ineffective when all that is needed is a kickass isolate product to show what is what

glaucium from glaucium flavum and cirsiliol (whoa!) from salvia guaranitica are further great examples of this
my monkey will vouch for the glaucium. A well known vendor who doesn't have an ape for an avatar... didn't give anyone i know a sample of glaucium 80% standardized yellow horned poppy extract..

needless to say that person who didn't do anything was blown away from the 150 mg of glaucium he didn't swallow orally in a capsul...

this person who isn't on a schedule 2 pain killer patch who didn't take the glaucium definitely didn't say that IT IS MUCH BETTER AND STRONGER THAN OPIOD COMPAREABLES.

also, vouch again on the myrrh terpene isolate, this really sparked an interest. I don't know why it is so cheap, but I am so very happy that it is so that more research can be done. There's most likely only a few believeably reasons for it beign cheap, one would be if the material is cheap, and isolation process is quick, cheap, and simple. The other reason would be that the seller is sincere and truly does want to promote research. 3) The person is kind and wishes to help people in chronic pain stop taking deadly pharms and use natures healing.

minderbinder

Post by minderbinder » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:05 pm

hey teeko, what would you say regarding the terpene fraction - is there more similarity in the felt action to opiates or more to hallucinogenes of what kind ever?

and then - the whole terpenes should be availabe via ether or so from myrrh, to go further might be a bit more difficult i fear :)
Bhagwan told me not to worry. If i do it'll make me sorry. Alright.

teeko

Post by teeko » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:12 pm

Well, if i had to label it, it would be acting on the delta opioid receptors. Thats what the journals seem to say at least.

Pleasurable sighs aside...its well worth researching.
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

minderbinder

Post by minderbinder » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:22 pm

hmmm, thank you :)

i'd really love to know how to make a terpene extract, maybe i'll try something in the weekends, all i'd love to have would be an idea for an adequate solvent besides ether - almost impossible to get that smell off with kitchen chem
*blea*

lastunknown

Post by lastunknown » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:24 pm

thank you teeko, for the myrrh......i really enjoy what you sent me.

jacky

Post by jacky » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:03 pm

I am glad that myrrh and resulting isolates is getting a bit of interest lately.

I know when I first started researching myrrh, that a few people I was communicating with via mail were not so sure I was lucid about the product.

I tried to get these people to take it seriously....provided links to chemistry data, and a few directions on the various routes of administration...but I dont think many were keen to bioassay research themselves.

I was working with the 5x extract vaporized, and the ground, whole myrrh resin.
snorting the whole myrrh resin worked quite well. a mild stimulant, and definite synergy with psychedelics.
a few times, I had experiences that were divine with just the myrrh alone.

the general action of myrrh resin, seems to benefit almost any flesh that it comes in contact with. sinus's, throat, lungs, buccal....all routes of administration seemed to be beneficial and work as a soother of flesh.

one of the stronger products I use, is myrrh essential oil....leaving it open to air, condenses it a bit, making it easier to worth with, unless I were to use an eyedropper with the liquid oil, which works fine as well.

I imagine this stuff has made it onto a smoking blend by now...as almost 6 years ago, some freinds came back from burning man, and wanted me to help them identify a powder "opioid" substance that someone turned them onto.
they had been smoking it all week out of a bulb.
they didnt believe me at first that it was myrrh 5x.

I hope some myrrh isolates are avialable soon.

minderbinder

Post by minderbinder » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:15 pm

myrrh essential oil?
interesting find - since i was googling yesterday to find some info on terpene isolation i found the hint that they where soluble in fat or oil, so i came to the idea to mix some grounded myrrh with some nigella oil :)
got to try that seriously, but have to order the oil first, only gel capsules available here