Cat's Claw - MAO-B Inhibitor

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
Electric

Re: Cat's Claw - MAO-B Inhibitor -

Post by Electric » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:00 pm

Well, that sounds closer to UT.
Rynchophylla is referred to as Gambir, although they are actually two separate species. The good thing though, is that they are very similar to each other, moreso than compared with UT.

Why doesn't swiy check with the supplier of said Cat's Claw?
Last edited by Electric on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I forget shit

minderbinder

Post by minderbinder » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:58 am

of course it's always good to know what one exactly has - thing is that i was looking for ut in the first place anyway. found a supplier for ug bark also, but i forgot why exactly i was interested in it - was it that stuff that might resemble mellow gold kratom? hm, i guess it's in this thread somewhere, will have to reread ...

****edit:

ah, just found it, it's here on the same site :)
what's the deal with mellow gold kratom if whe'd have a substitute for it in ug? i have no clue what that stuff does or how it feels or what ever - worth a try?
Last edited by minderbinder on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bhagwan told me not to worry. If i do it'll make me sorry. Alright.

CindorDGR

Post by CindorDGR » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:16 pm

Why not?

Electric

Post by Electric » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:22 pm

I would try UR or UG with Oregon grape root.

minderbinder

Post by minderbinder » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:08 pm

ok!

oregon grape root, if i do not misstake it it's growing all around here -
it's mostly berberin, or ... ?
got to look that up

Electric

Post by Electric » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:27 pm

Check out dukes database. Swim is brewing some ps seed tea with a bunch of UR, sinomenuim, sophora, and a few other herbs. Swim will update later with more info. Cheers

Electric

Post by Electric » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:46 pm

Swim used 7.2 oz of PSseeds in combination with 14 grams of Uncaria Rynch. and a handful of Sinomenium,---> Swim felt like he used a pound and half or more of the seeds with a huge anti-depressant quality. Today has been a very good day for Swim. The cats claw definitely adds a whole other dimension, especially with the Sinomenium. More updates later...Swim has other projects to attend to.

minderbinder

Re: Cat's Claw - MAO-B Inhibitor

Post by minderbinder » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:35 pm

finally i managed to order some uncaria r., i'm very excited to test it. no clue about the dose to use to resemble a m. parvifolia dosis

Nanamakutu

Re: Cat's Claw - MAO-B Inhibitor

Post by Nanamakutu » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:16 pm

Getting very interested in this stuff. The compound catching my eye is the rynchophylline. Anyone know how to go about finding the best material for Cat’s Claw? It seems the most sold type would be the one containing the pentacyclic oxindole alkaloids, so it is easiest to find due to it being able to help people with immune disorders and all that.

The Chinese cat’s claw seems the easiest way to find the other stuff, but it also has other compounds you might not want from what I’ve read. I also noticed there are places offering 98% pure rynchophylline for sale. Seems interesting