Stipa Robusta (Sleepy grass)

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
DayLight
Location: wherein once it is seen, twice felt and the third time is the charm. love. serpents. awe and wonder.

Re: Stipa Robusta (Sleepy grass) -

Post by DayLight » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:16 am

i have heard reports of blue lips with HBWR also.

tomthumzz

Re: Stipa Robusta (Sleepy grass)

Post by tomthumzz » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:56 am

okay so I live in Southeastern New Mexico and over the course of the last 2 weeks I've had the opportunity to take a vacation in cloudcroft New Mexico. which just so happens to be the end of the season for stipa robusta .. aka sleepy grass. I took advantage of this opportunity to procure a very large amount of seeds and plant material. I obtained this all around the sleepy grass campground which according to research papers I have examined, is the only place that the infected grass actually produces the alkaloids that can also be found in E, MG, and HBWS. upon my return home I prepared a cold water extraction on about 3-g and consumed it myself and I must say, I was completely surprised and caught off guard by the potency, as well as the fact that there was absolutely no nausea or body load. I'm assuming that it is exceptionally potent because of the harsh dry summer that it has endured. upon visual examination of the seed head I have found a few that appear to be almost completely covered with what actually looks like ergot. so I have concluded that this stipa robusta is beyond any doubt containing a very concentrated amount of psychotropic alkaloids. over the last couple years I have had the opportunity to study very closely the book written by UF regarding the process involved in the conversion of LSA' to the more desirable form. and although I feel that I have become quite familiar with the process and the synthesis of required chemicals I have decided against this for two reasons. firstly is the risk involved due to the legal status. but secondly and mainly I was completely shocked when I got online and saw the price of these seeds as well as the limited availability. for these reasons I have opted to sell them for growing purposes only. Possibly to nurseries or on an online site dedicated to buying and selling. I mainly just wanted to relate my experience with the tea I made and the fact that it had absolutely no body load, nausea, or any Ill effect that I can tell whatsoever. But also that I have these available if anyone is interested in possibly growing some. I would be more than happy to work something out as far as selling, trading, or even, under the right circumstances, donating a portion of these in the name of science. Feel free to contact me anytime and I will return your message at my earliest opportunity.

aqualung42

Post by aqualung42 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:01 pm

very interesting. Have you filled out an experience report with erowid? Should be helpful for other folks. Keep up the good work!

tomthumzz

Post by tomthumzz » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:09 pm

No I haven't. I will try to do so this evening or first thing tomorrow.

aqualung42

Post by aqualung42 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:06 am

awesome! Things are starting to looking up in this little corner of ours! 😁