Mirabilis Multiflora extract

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
Lemmiwinks

Re: Mirabilis Multiflora extract -

Post by Lemmiwinks » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:37 pm

I'm not familiar with this plant.....I look forward to your bioassay...

egor

Post by egor » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:45 pm

It is amazing how little info there is on this plant, especially given how common it is where I live. It literally grows almost everywhere. The river I flyfish has tons of it along the banks in several places.

Lemmiwinks

Post by Lemmiwinks » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:49 pm

Don't mention fly fishing.....I love it and all my gear was stolen by some asshole while I was locked up and I cannot afford to buy more (I grew accustomed to using the good shit) and I try not to think about it, I can't wait until I'm out of debt and can buy some stuff....there's alot of nice places on the colorado river, just waiting for me.....
but yeah- any info you come up with, I'd be interested to hear....

jacky

Post by jacky » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:38 am

I have tried roughly 40 grams of water extracted mirabilis multiflora root pulp slurry....
didnt feel much.

still though, I would give it another try. the material did not taste bad at all, rather well considering the taste of certian other ethnobotanicals..... a sweet, chalky taste.

having an extract would probably be preferable if the actives are not destroyed in the process, the amount of sweet chalkyness was about as much as I could stomach.

I have read somewhere, maybe the pharmacotheon book,that the roots were also baked into a sort of bread, and apparently cooking it in this way removed psychoactivity.

the plant is a strong desert plant, with a huge tap root that can survive severe droughts. I wonder if the plant would tolerate root pruning and replanting?

this species is raised at a local botanical garden, up on the dry, desert scrub foothill part of the gardens.

I could imagine that this plants roots might be refreshing to a person who hasnt been raised on soda pop, perhaps the indians were able to drink large amounts and tolerate the strange consistency due to the sweetness.

Yoda420

Post by Yoda420 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:20 am

Swim was wondering if its leggit? Does it really make you hallucinate? Holla back

Subversive

Re: Mirabilis Multiflora extract

Post by Subversive » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:29 pm

My friend had tried smoking, quidding leaves, chewing roots, and made EtOH extracts from this plant and has given up on it as an urban legend. This is the only "entheogen he had tried in many ways with no effects besides vomiting after chewing the root. Maybe a more in depth extraction is in order, but it's hard to prepare an extraction without knowing what one is trying to extract. He has read anecdotal accounts of ergoloids being present in Mirabilis Multiflora, but has found no proof of this.
The only stupid questions are those that go unasked