Kratom tea or a Kratom food mixture?

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
crazydewman
Re: Kratom tea or a Kratom food mixture? -

Post by crazydewman » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:05 pm

sedative (esp opiates) with alcohol is not a good idea. i wouldnt even think about mixing a sedative dose with alcohol. maybe a few grams, but not like 10-15g.

hualienfolk

Post by hualienfolk » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:43 am

Yeah MGarden, chocolate! mmmmmm....
I ordered some organic chocolate from the folks in Hawaii a while back and have been unsure how to use it. I don't even know how to make hard chocolates.

If anyone has a good chocolate recipe, i'll use my stuff instead of whatever else is used as a fluid in the mix and report back and to boot I'll hunt around on the net for the same. As usual one can often answer their own questions rite?

To date, after I drink some tea, I usually munch a piece (or two or three!) of this fine Japanese chocolate I buy here that has been mixed with roasted sesames which have been imbedded into the morsel. On it's own it is the best thing since nuts and chocolate first met. A couple of them after a slug of Kratom tea sorta get it all going in the right direction.

hualienfolk

Post by hualienfolk » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:59 am

I agree completely that heat damages some of the compounds in Kratom.

If I boil it down to a gum, there is activity on par with the fluid dose by weight but it is missing much of the full bodied fx from tea. If I have more time I steep.

Boiling seems to not affect it too much but if I want to do less washes, I can freeze it first in order to fully burst the bio-mass' cell walls. Then most of it comes out in the second wash and much more in the first.

Freeze or not, I usually do two washes for what I want to drink now. Then after a couple of re-boils I use that water-solution from the old matter to be the base for the next fresh leaf's brewing.

I always replace, and eventually through this process, the fine matter washes away on my filters in the sink (other wise I would have mouds of spent matter right?). It becomes an endless cycle.

PrimordialMeme

Post by PrimordialMeme » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:15 pm

I had 7g's of super grade powder on an empty stomach, which I consumed whole. It was a little bit too much I think because I became a bit too zonked out and felt depressed. I'm researching 3-4 drinks with 5g's today to see how that does. I'll report later.

Here is the dose guide from Erowid. Apparently the material I have is super grade as it was advertised because 7g's laid me out. Also I have read that powdered is more powerful in effects and of course the empty stomach contributed also.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/kratom/kratom_dose.shtml

I actually enjoyed the day after effects more. I felt really good, relaxed, etc. This has lead me to believe a lower dose would achieve these same effects instantly.
Last edited by PrimordialMeme on Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PrimordialMeme

Post by PrimordialMeme » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:03 pm

It was better this time but I can't seem to stay awake on Kratom for more than 2 hours.

dreamybunz

Post by dreamybunz » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:12 pm

Some kratom enthusiasts find that 'less is more'. There seems to be a lower, more stimulant level at which kratom can be used that does not cause tolerance to rise appreciably, and does not have an addictive effect. I'm no expert on pharmacology or chemistry, but there is a theory I've heard that kratom binds to different receptors in the brain at higher, more sedative levels, than it does at lower, stimulant levels. Kratom also contains at least one compound, rhynchophylline, which is recognised as having anti-addictive properties. Rhynchophylline is more abundant in Cat's Claw, a plant with many interesting medicinal properties.

I take a small amount of kratom most mornings, as I find it gets me off to a nice start with plenty of enthusiasm, which can otherwise be a bit lacking. I rarely take it at any other time. My dosage range is somewhere between 3 and 5 grams of most kratom leaf types, though I only buy high-quality leaf. I ingest the whole leaf, or destemmed & deveined leaf, as powder. I seem to be able to work at this level almost indefinitely, but in the past when I have let my dose rise up to above 5 grams or so I have then found that tolerance develops quite quickly and I had to take some time off to get it back down again. I mainly avoid using extracts because they seem to have very different alkaloidal balances, are generally more sedative in effect, and accelerate tolerance building, though I do use sometimes take blends like SEK or Essence.

Samuel.Miller

Re: Kratom tea or a Kratom food mixture?

Post by Samuel.Miller » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:16 am

Kratom tea or food mixture either is good if you take it for good purpose and take it in limitation so it will be good for you. Either of the both will be fine.

kratomlounge01

Re: Kratom tea or a Kratom food mixture?

Post by kratomlounge01 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:39 am

Nice post. Thanks for the share. Learn more