McTrumpsterino

This is where to discuss the legality of entheogens, entheogen law, anarchy, politics, etc.
Flapjack

Re: McTrumpsterino

Post by Flapjack » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:44 am

The left will try to make the pandemic look more severe every chance they get and the right will try to make the pandemic look less severe every chance they get, because the news is so damn politicized and each party is fighting the other for power.

In reality, you can probably argue either way based on evidence and assumptions. Evidence for both sides should be presented by both parties and they should debate on the best way to handle the problem, but that doesn't happen. Instead it's a blame game, pointing fingers, gossip, digging up dirt, etc. It's just a shit show.
Last edited by Flapjack on Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:47 am

What is going on with Trump? Was he always this crazy, or is something really weird going on?

I've just been watching the corona task force briefings everyday for a couple of weeks, and he is like a real lunatic.

I hadn't noticed it as severely as I have been these past few weeks.

The left does take a lot of snippets out of context and purposely tries to make the president look bad, but he really does say and do some really stupid stuff sometimes.

I also hate that when he does say something stupid, it makes the headlines, and the majority of news nowadays is just "omg look at what the president said." Like, I know there are more interesting things happening right now.

What's going on now shouldn't be about choosing sides, but they politicize the shit out of it so that people start to choose sides and therefore can't actually weigh the evidence and make an educated guess on what the reality is. There is evidence on both sides, and we should be listening to both sides, but instead, because the media is corrupt, they choose sides for us.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:49 pm

Here's another thing I'm wondering about. Why did everyone freak out about calling covid-19 a flu virus? Isn't it technically a flu virus? And if it's not a flu virus, it's really similar to one. So, I don't know why the media freaked out about that and made it a political point.

The spanish flu killed millions of people. So, it's not like comparing covid-19 with the common cold. I mean, flues are kind of dangerous. The flu killed 80,000 people in US just last winter. That's why we have vaccines, right?

Can people not think for themselves? Comparing covid-19 with the flu isn't outrageous, and doing so shouldn't be political. You shouldn't have to choose political parties in order to compare and contrast the flu virus with covid-19.

What is going on?

aqualung42

Post by aqualung42 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:15 pm

You are correct.politics is broken right now. It's gonna have to fail completely before it gets fixed.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:12 pm

Imagine Dr Birx and Fauci fucking in the oval office and Trump is sitting at his desk stroking it

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:47 pm

Here's another thing that no one wants to talk about.

So, if the common flu has a death rate of 0.1%, and 300 000 000 times 0.001 is 300 000. Why don't 300 000 people die from the flu?

Is it because the flu is not contagious enough to infect the majority of 300 000 000 people? Is it because we have vaccines for the common flu?
What's going on?

If corona virus is more contagious than the flu, and we don't have a vaccine for it, we might expect 300 000 people to die, even if it were otherwise identical to the common flu.

But O no! Saying flu is a bad word now. You must be a nazi white nationalist!

Just kidding. Trump is a dumbass.

But why can't the news share information about the virus instead of political bullshit, polls and the weekly "OMG WHAT DID TRUMP SAY/TWEET?!?!?""

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Mon May 04, 2020 2:19 am

When someone who was behind on rent and scared of being evicted asked Trump if there would be any help coming their way in the near future, his response was "We got to get back to work." So, instead of the government helping us, they are forcing us to go back to work.

aqualung42

Post by aqualung42 » Mon May 04, 2020 5:35 pm

"So, if the common flu has a death rate of 0.1%, and 300 000 000 times 0.001 is 300 000. Why don't 300 000 people die from the flu?"

at one point people did die at that rate. people now have a baseline immunity. so fewer people in total are infected.

"But O no! Saying flu is a bad word now. You must be a nazi white nationalist!"

agreed. it's absurd.

"Here's another thing I'm wondering about. Why did everyone freak out about calling covid-19 a flu virus? Isn't it technically a flu virus? And if it's not a flu virus, it's really similar to one."

It isn't a flu virus. they are different families. the flu belongs to the family arbovidae, and coronaviruses are in tue family coronaviridae. The symptoms are very similar. Most viruses have "flu like" symptoms. Even ebola and pox viruses have "flu like" symptoms in the early stages. Given the possibility of severe infections associated with "flu like" symptoms, I've often joked they should call them ebola like symptoms.

"When someone who was behind on rent and scared of being evicted asked Trump if there would be any help coming their way in the near future, his response was "We got to get back to work." So, instead of the government helping us, they are forcing us to go back to work."

Yes I think trump is winning the messaging war in this regard.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:49 pm

I think I'm back onboard.

He may have not handled the corona thing perfectly, but things are going pretty good, right now. I no longer fear losing my job, for example (I was rehired after the furlough period at the regular compensation), and the economy is bouncing back. So, it seems as though he may have been right. And the virus was probably overhyped.

I went to the george floyd protest in DC, and nothing happened. The national guard seemed to have enforced peace there. I don't know if I contracted coronavirus or not, but it showed me, besides that peaceful protests are powerful and can convey a message that inspires support from the community, that it's probably not realistic or necessary to hide in isolation until 2021.

aqualung42

Post by aqualung42 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:57 pm

good to hear! Congrats on getting the job back. What do you do for work. I'm a union electrician. Glad nothing happened at the protest you went to. Peaceful protest is indeed a very powerful tool, even if all it does is highlight who your adversaries are. Much like the "reopen" protest in Michigan or the anti gun control protest in Virginia. All were peaceful despite protesters open carrying rifles. The protesters even stayed after to clean up their mess. The media called them violent protesters. In Minneapolis with arson and looting ravaging the city, the protesters were called mostly peaceful.

I suspect we're all gonna be holed up at home till 2021 regardless. The unrest is going to get worse leading up to the election. It's being orchestrated to politically hurt trump. If he wins the world is going to blow up due to agitators. if he loses the dems gonna keep it going until inauguration to make a good show, that their guy fixed it. The democrats are no longer interested in sharing power or in ideological debates. They are certain in their correctness, despite all evidence to the contrary, and want power by any means necessary.