Datura - Psychoactive Fragrance

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.

Datura - Psychoactive Fragrance -

Postby oxi.diced » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:45 am

bear with me on this one please, it might sound looney but it just might not be...

i was out walking and came across a huge Datura Strammonium plant which had its flowers open [odd since it was 3 in the afternoon, they usually bloom at night]... i have a special attraction to Datura's don't know why, it doesn't matter right now in any case, but i came close to it and took a wiff at the first bloom and was enchanted by its seductive fragrance, i then turned to the next bloom and took a wiff... now this was strange, i couldn't smell anything, i thought maybe it was my nose, but turned to another bloom just to make sure and took a wiff at it... nothing no smell...

i kept walking but found it odd nonetheless... thinking and walking i linked this to psychoactive honey's... bee's that obtain nectar from tropane bearing plants make tropane rich honey, which will obviously take you skipping through the underworld... and thought that maybe this could be the reason why i couldn't smell anything after the first wiff, my nose had been numbed by some alkaloid or active ingredient in the fragrance...

does this make any sense, or am i just delirious... anybody have some info, or opinion about this...

thanks...
oxi.diced

Re: Datura - Psychoactive Fragrance -

Postby zubsza » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:28 am

I'm pretty sure that the pollen is also active. Maybe you got a little in the ol' sniffer.

edited for spelling
zubsza

Postby oxi.diced » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:10 pm

so could the polen be collected and used entheogenically...

if so...

what actives does it contain?

about how much would be used?

if many, many datura's were present would this cause hallucinations?

just curious...
replies greatly appreciated thanks...
oxi.diced

Postby zubsza » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:15 pm

It could...I think...I don't know if you would want to.

It contains the same actives as the rest of the plant...can't think of the name right now.

You would want to use very little. Just like any other part of the plant. May actualy be more potent than rest of plant.

Datura is a very powerfull plant that should not be taken litely. Do a lot (I can't stress that word enough) of research before attempting to use this plant. Datura can be very dangerous.
zubsza

Postby oxi.diced » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:43 pm

thanks zubsza... i am aware of the dangers of tropane bearing plants, thanks for the concern in any case... i was just curious to know if maybe there were other actives and if anyone had experimented with polen before...

hallucinogenic polen struck me as odd/interesting and brought up curiosity, that's all...
oxi.diced

Postby crystalinthestorm » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:23 am

In the Andes i believe that is where it is, they say the fragrence canlull somebody to sleep under them never to wake up.....If any of you have PLANTS OF THE GODS check out the section on DATURA plants.
i think that is where i heard this shamanic tale......

C.
crystalinthestorm

Postby oxi.diced » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:14 am

thanks crystal, that was the kind of info i was looking for... i'll try to get a hold of the book, although it'll be very hard to find it here in Bolivia...

:peace:
oxi.diced

Postby zubsza » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:56 am

Yeah, very interesting. I haven't that book yet, but its on the list. Maybe here soon. Thanks
zubsza

Re: Datura - Psychoactive Fragrance

Postby Franlove » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:21 am

Hi all,
Pollen of tropanic solanaceous IS active indeed ; that's why honey made with it is considered as dangerous by beekepers and is the main reason that they weed all these kind of plants ...Pollen of Datura and its relatives contains all the same tropanic alcaloids contained in the plants.
Franlove

Re: Datura - Psychoactive Fragrance

Postby thrice-blessed » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:48 am

Were you asking if the compounds were volitile enough to be inhaled simply through the fragrance of the plant? Or were you asking if the pollen needed to be inhaled directly to induce psychosctivity?
thrice-blessed

Next

Return to Other Entheogens Discussion