Anyone from the old Edot forums still around?

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.
bambino

Anyone from the old Edot forums still around?

Post by bambino » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:22 pm

Hello, everyone. Looks like there hasn't been much activity on this board for a while now. I posted a number of messages back in 2011 on the old Edot forum before it self-destructed. My user name was Piondeer and you can find my first trip report here:

http://entheogen-network.com/forums/vie ... =8&t=24362

Well, a whole lot has happened since then and I now see my Salvia experiences in a whole new light. I'd be very interested in reconnecting with some of the other members from that time to catch up and compare notes. If any of these peoploids are still out there, please feel free to send me a private message:

burningmouth (aka peoploid)
SalvinorinAlpha
salvialover24
FrenchMachine
SixthWheel
AkashicRecord
equabilestudios
LowSix
Metanoian
TVSuat

And especially 2ofme. I REALLY need to talk to you!

I'm unable to send private messages at this point, I assume due to my low post count. How many messages do I have to post to unlock that function? I guess I can just talk to myself here for a bit. Interesting, as that ties directly into one of the theories I've pondered since that initial life-changing breakthrough experience nearly 9 years ago.

aqualung42

Re: Anyone from the old Edot forums still around?

Post by aqualung42 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:44 am

I'm from the old edot, but a bit before your time. Late 90's early 2000's. Like you I find my self traveling down this old familiar path wondering where my all friends have wandered off to. Glad to meet your acquaintance. My old SN was aqualung.

bambino

Post by bambino » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:03 pm

Hello, aqualung42. Just noticed your reply here. Pleased to meet you as well. Wow, so you were at edot well before the mass occult initiation ritual of 9/11? That's awesome!

My time at edot was very brief, spanning just a few months in 2011, but what a whirlwind it was! It really seemed like something big was coming together during that time. Like we were on the verge of figuring out something monumentally important, not just about the nature and meaning of Salvia, but about reality in general. Salvia legend TVSuat had just released his book around that time while burningmouth was churning out heaps of thought-provoking posts and asking some big, important questions about the possible meaning behind all of our shared experiences. Here are a few threads in particular from that time that I'm currently reviewing and reconsidering:

http://entheogen-network.com/forums/vie ... =8&t=24332

http://entheogen-network.com/forums/vie ... 17&t=24373

http://entheogen-network.com/forums/vie ... =8&t=24841

And then just when it seemed like we were on the cusp of a great discovery, the forum self-destructed! Cosmic coincidence? I have to wonder.

It's good to see this type of discussion has continued in the reincarnated version of the forum. I'm finding this one thread started by peoploid (the reincarned burningmouth) especially intriguing:

http://entheogen-network.com/forums/vie ... =8&t=27428

Burningmouth/Peoploid, WHERE ARE YOU????

aqualung42

Post by aqualung42 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:37 pm

it appears these things are cyclical. "Back in my day" :-D this was nearly an academic journal of entheogens, helping to pioneer some of the new things like san pedro and salvia. There were an abundance of vendors and cuttings and such were shared freely. But just as in your time the board devolved into flame wars and many left. Hopefully more of us come back. I'll definitely check out those threads.

teeko

Post by teeko » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:37 pm

Hope anyone reading this is doing well.
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

aqualung42

Post by aqualung42 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:18 pm

Doing great thank you. How about you?

teeko

Post by teeko » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:11 am

Doing good. For some reason, I felt the urge to pop in here the other day. An overwhelming urge. I'll try and email cowfodder and a few others tomorrow. Til then...
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

aqualung42

Post by aqualung42 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:41 am

Yeah thats how I ended up here again. Took me a while though, didn't know edot had changed it's address. The entheogen/ethnobotany community is very different than the when I was last active. What happened to all the US based vendors? There's like two and none seem to carry P. viridis cuttings or plants.