alternatives to peyote

This is the place to discuss Peyote, San Pedro, Donna Anna, etc.
botanicalguides

alternatives to peyote

Post by botanicalguides » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:52 am

You guys know there are a ton of legal cacti ( to own grow posess ) that are also active like Peyote and Pedro? yup. There's even a cheap book on it called 'psychoactive cacti" and a wikipedia page on the subject.

aqualung42

Re: alternatives to peyote

Post by aqualung42 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:49 am

yes. Most of the now deprecated genus tricocereus. It is also quasi legal to own other members of the genus lophophora, as I believe it is L. williamsii that is specifically banned. Plus the supreme court ruled that the santo daimi church can legally posess, import, and consume ayahuasca as part of their bona fide religious beliefs. This should open the door a bit for all entheogens as they have all had past religious uses and the US is typically fairly liberal with what constitutes relogious belief.

Plutarchalitea

Post by Plutarchalitea » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:29 am

Righteous info brother thank you however it would appear I found a most righteous San Pedro vendor but no need to elaborate am I right haha?

Much more economical to grow your own though but how many can really do that?

These are giant cacti. Well San Pedro is. Not a houseplant but who knows you can probably grow it indoors? They take years to grow fully too.

San Pedro is legal but not to consume isn't that so.

aqualung42

Post by aqualung42 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:39 pm

Very true. I've desperately wanted for years a T. pach for my collection and cactus kate seems to have them of a fairly known pedigree, though at a fairly substantial price. Years true but they're supposedly a failry fast growing species. Up to 1' a year I believe. By comparison bill the magic cactus would be a boring plant pet. The thing with T. pach is that it doesn't have hordenine and the other various component alkalioids that bill has, making it a fairly different experience, if one was so inclined. But who wants to vision quest for 3 days anyway?