Soma & Other Amanita Incense Blends

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.
LINK

Re: Soma & Other Amanita Incense Blends -

Post by LINK » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:57 pm

Boost wrote:The mushrooms in that picture are the ones I was taught were poisonous growing up not too far from Siberia.
Like mine backyard? ;)
Poisonous sometimes means fun and educating. :twisted:

GK77

Post by GK77 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:58 pm

Boost wrote:The mushrooms in that picture are the ones I was taught were poisonous growing up not too far from Siberia.
Much of what we are told is poisonous is for protections sake. That’s why self education is so important. Having said that, swim has had only sedative and dizzying effects from amanita.

BTW, nice avatar Boost... lol

-G7
"I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
-AE

http://forums.botanicalswap.org/index.php?topic=1808.0

Boost

Post by Boost » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:21 pm

Yeah, it can have a lot of meanings (toxic/intoxicate...). I suppose my parents just didn't know any better. But some of the things they label dangerous are just because they compete too well with marketed and taxed products, other times because they are too widely available to be controlled (strong). Some of these healing plants really hit a glass ceiling, they do best flying just under the radar. Nice 'shrooms, I always loved the look of the pretty red and white fungus in all the cartoons I grew up watching. Haven't tried any though.. :(

GK77

Post by GK77 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:37 pm

Very true. Its our parents job to take care of us until we can care for ourselves.
There are a few good vendors that sell some amanita around here, and some that sell not so impressive shrooms.
PM me if you want my opinion on a vendor.

-G7
-AE

Boost

Post by Boost » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:52 pm

Thanks! I am aware of one vendor that has a whole bunch of it freshly in stock. Not sure if this belongs here but I wonder if someone like me should give a little bit a try. I understand it's in a little different category than what I am used to (typical herbal blends with mostly predictable uplifting or relaxing aroma). Not sure if I want to check out other dimensions.... maybe a tiny tiny bit could work nice? I am already a complicated guy as is lol

GK77

Post by GK77 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:27 pm

We all are complicated, thats just how we were made.
Its up to you, and only you to answer that question.
But I can guarantee you this, if you start very low, you have nothing to be afraid of. The only thing that made me scared was my anticipation, and its almost always higher than the actual effects...

-G7
Last edited by GK77 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-AE

Ascendancy-Mike

Post by Ascendancy-Mike » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:34 am

if you start low, its basically like nothing will happen, or you will exp. very little, and then continue upping it until you notice something, evaluate that something, is it good, or bad, if good, keep upping the amount.. if bad, find a new ethno

hiddentruth

Re: Soma & Other Amanita Incense Blends

Post by hiddentruth » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:51 am

sincerely miss the days when interesting stuff like this was easily available....

aqualung42

Re: Soma & Other Amanita Incense Blends

Post by aqualung42 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:21 pm

it'll comeback. all things in their own season. I do believe there are places still selling A. muscaria.