helichrysum odoratissimum - imphepho

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.

Re: helichrysum odoratissimum - imphepho -

Postby teeko » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:59 pm

May want to look into a cheap EntfLeurage Kit. Normal a/b, iso, etc. is not going to make a worthwhile extract(usually, though YMMV). I have seen them as cheap as $35 or so. pm for vendor or check the vendor forum here, I have posted the link before.

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.
teeko

Postby Karmageddon » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:49 pm

I'm glad this thread has again been resurrected. Every once in a while I think of this plant and wish there was more information about it. Does anyone know of any information on it's safety? While it seems fairly innocuous, I do recall reading an article on certain types of Turkish helichrysum (used in traditional medicine) being found to be mutagenic. I know this is a pretty large family, but I'd love to find some relevant research. If anyone can offer up any additional info, it would be appreciated. :)

Also, wondering if anyone knows if vaporizing the flowers is a viable option and if so, at what temp? Anyone hear of any worthwhile combinations? I know kanna was mentioned earlier on in the thread. Seems like that or maybe kava may mix well. There are so many interesting African plants and so little information, which makes things frustrating for a worry-wart researcher! :)
Karmageddon

Postby Antler » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:05 pm

KTB wrote:Would anyone be interested in a 5X resin extract if I were to produce some?

This is an old thread, but yes.. if it's still around..
Antler

Re: helichrysum odoratissimum - imphepho

Postby witchammer » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:22 pm

I love the way imphepho smells. They should make a cologne out of it
witchammer

Postby algolVONloki » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:55 pm

wow. years upon years later and the same people still talking and responding about this herb. have to try it along with mugwort. interested in herbalism and it's pretty new for me other than the cannabis family.
algolVONloki

Postby kill_blind_elite » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:52 pm

really interested in this plant,.... would like to know the effects exclusively to know if I should put some in my mead that I have brewing for the camping trip in march or april
kill_blind_elite

Postby MagicPlants » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:54 am

Very interesting plant!
Sad, that the seeds & the herb isn't available in the EU, I'd love to try it & right a bio assay about it.
Would love to read more expierences with it!
MagicPlants

Postby MagicPlants » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:52 am

PS: (I don't see an editing button, that's why I have to write a second post)

Does anybody know if Helichrysum arenarium, italicum and/or angustifolium are psychoactive?
I could get my hands on essential oils of those species.
MagicPlants

Previous

Return to Other Entheogens Discussion